Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mobile Game Revenue Grows 53% For Q1 '17, Now At $11.9 Billion

 

Mobile gaming continues to grow bigger and bigger, topping last year's Q1 2016 by a whopping 53%, just a shade under $12 billion in revenue. 

Top games by revenue:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360357

When people are still saying this has no effect on portable gaming or other sectors, they are crazy by this point. 

I guess Monster Strike is the new hotness? Fate/Grand Order is apparently Japan exclusive ... yet it's no.2 overall, that shows how crazy Japan is for smartphone games. 



Around the Network

It has been a long time since I've last visited the App Store. I don't even know most of these games.



Nintendo was smart to start taking a share in that mobile revenue with low budget watered down spin offs of their IPs, glad to see Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokémon Go charting, that revenue can go into making some actual games for dedicated gaming hardware.



Soundwave said:

I guess Monster Strike is the new hotness? Fate/Grand Order is apparently Japan exclusive ... yet it's no.2 overall, that shows how crazy Japan is for smartphone games. 

Oh most definitely. Each time I watch any video on my tablet or phone, I'm instantly met with a Monster Strike ad. That game is basically the new Candy Crush, ads and popularity. 



               

Green098 said:

Nintendo was smart to start taking a share in that mobile revenue with low budget watered down spin offs of their IPs, glad to see Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokémon Go charting, that revenue can go into making some actual games for dedicated gaming hardware.

Is Fire Emblem even doing that great? Doesn't really seem to be charting that high. 



Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Green098 said:

Nintendo was smart to start taking a share in that mobile revenue with low budget watered down spin offs of their IPs, glad to see Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokémon Go charting, that revenue can go into making some actual games for dedicated gaming hardware.

Is Fire Emblem even doing that great? Doesn't really seem to be charting that high. 

It's #10 for combined.

That means it is the 10th highest grossing mobile game for this quarter out of all mobile games.



Soundwave said:
Green098 said:

Nintendo was smart to start taking a share in that mobile revenue with low budget watered down spin offs of their IPs, glad to see Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokémon Go charting, that revenue can go into making some actual games for dedicated gaming hardware.

Is Fire Emblem even doing that great? Doesn't really seem to be charting that high. 

Well I thought so personally, Fire Emblem is by no means Nintendo's biggest or most famous franchise until recently it was quite the opposite, the fact that it charted at all did surprised me, and I think it shows the gaining popularity in the franchise.



https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Strike



No Final Fantasy Record Keeper in top 10



Casuals have shit tastes confirmed.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

I take pride in saying that I've never played any mobile game.