Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop - Switch launch was 'one of the strongest & most successful' console launches in several years

Tagged games:

I went into a gamestop a couple of hours after they opened, this one didn't have a midnight launch because the mall doesn't allow it after the Halo 3 incident. I was there the people in line he total fools and I guess some vandalized the mall. But there was still a line for switch stuff. I tried getting a few things but all I could get was a game I didn't preorder. I got lucky when I went to best buy, they still have a few pro controllers, so I snagged one.



Around the Network

Not that good in the UK

Console launch sales:
PS4 250k
X1 150k
3DS 113k
Switch 80k
Wii U 40k

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/ps4_is_still_the_uks_biggest_ever_console_launch



God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


KLAMarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:

But, and I think most people will agree, MS PR has been laughably bad lately. This PR doesn't really tell us anything like MS PR. Firstly I do think the statement includes PS4 and Xbox One but the sales aren't better than them, hence using the statement 'one of the best'. I also think it sold better than the Pro and the Slims but I think we expected that anyway.

The whole thing reminds be of MS's NPD statement when they claimed Forza Horizon 3 was the best selling 1st party game for September when it was the only 1st party game released that month. 

Might you link me to this statement? Thank you.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221270



0D0 said:
Not that good in the UK

Console launch sales:
PS4 250k
X1 150k
3DS 113k
Switch 80k
Wii U 40k

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/ps4_is_still_the_uks_biggest_ever_console_launch

Probably because it is sold out everywhere. Amazon says that it will be in stock on March 13th. I think Switch is performing really well.  



SWORDF1SH said:
KLAMarine said:

Might you link me to this statement? Thank you.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221270

Interesting but I'm not sure I'd consider this "laughably bad" PR.

If

"We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK."

had read

"We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title RELEASE for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK."

Then I would have been more likely to agree with you when you objected to their PR in the following manner:

"The whole thing reminds me of MS's NPD statement when they claimed Forza Horizon 3 was the best selling 1st party game for September when it was the only 1st party game released that month. "

 

So far, I don't see anything bad about MS's PR. They were just celebrating the reception Forza had saleswise. Good for them.



Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221270

Interesting but I'm not sure I'd consider this "laughably bad" PR.

If

"We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK."

had read

"We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title RELEASE for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK."

Then I would have been more likely to agree with you when you objected to their PR in the following manner:

"The whole thing reminds me of MS's NPD statement when they claimed Forza Horizon 3 was the best selling 1st party game for September when it was the only 1st party game released that month. "

 

So far, I don't see anything bad about MS's PR. They were just celebrating the reception Forza had saleswise. Good for them.

I understand what PR is supposed to do but a lot of their PR during the Xbox One era has been shocking and deceiving. The Forza PR isn't actually that bad compared to some of their other PR statements but when Forza comes 9th in the software charts and it's practically the only new release and they then bring in useless stats to attach the No.1 status to it, it's laughable. 

There was a lot of fuss over this statement, not sure how you missed it. 



danielrdp said:
0D0 said:
Not that good in the UK

Console launch sales:
PS4 250k
X1 150k
3DS 113k
Switch 80k
Wii U 40k

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/ps4_is_still_the_uks_biggest_ever_console_launch

Probably because it is sold out everywhere. Amazon says that it will be in stock on March 13th. I think Switch is performing really well.  

Don't think so. Eventhough the UK isn't really a Nintendo minded country, 80k pieces is not much. But relatively it's very good, because it's doubled the WII U numbers. Also WII U was sold out the first few month, and if they are really sold out in UK with only 80k pieces Nintendo has a poor forecast program. Also I don't think the sales is huge in other countries as here in the Netherlands several mediamarkt and Game Mania stores have still stock of the Switch, but almost impossible to buy Zelda for Switch, it's sold out everywhere.



Not to surprised the Switch is the first Nintendo system since Nintendo's NES that seriously has me considering picking it up. I've always wanted a portable system but don't want to get rid of my console system either. Would be nice to be able to dock it when I'm home and bring it when I leave. I don't have many situations where I can play portable but when i do it would be nice to have it around.



method114 said:

Not to surprised the Switch is the first Nintendo system since Nintendo's NES that seriously has me considering picking it up. I've always wanted a portable system but don't want to get rid of my console system either. Would be nice to be able to dock it when I'm home and bring it when I leave. I don't have many situations where I can play portable but when i do it would be nice to have it around.

I have the 3DS and Wii u, but I never actually used them at home, or for Wii u off TV mode. Switch plus BOTW is so good I'm actually using it as a portable at home too. It just looks amazing. I can't get over how powerful it is for such a tiny piece of kit. 



leyendax69 said:
barneystinson69 said:

How many units were put out?

Knowing nintendo, less than what they previously said. They are kings of artificial demand, we'll have to wait for numbers

No they aren't, 3DS & Wii U both had excess stock at launch and both failed to hit their shipment goals.

The only time we get crazy shortages from Nintendo is when it's something that sells better than expected.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.