Once again OP, what kind of innovation that it is a good idea would you like to see from Nintendo?
A good idea would be
1) Go for specs!! No need to go for High-End stuff like a custom GTX 1080 build, but at least MATCH Ps4 and XB1 with something extra. PS4 and XB1 are already so outdated that they both are receiving mid-gen upgrades, still being behind them for a 2017 release is unexcusable.
2) Bring back the motion controls! It was something Nintendo did greatly on Wii, and them they threw it away with Wii U to favor a Tablet thing controller because, because people liked tablets at that time ( not so much anymore). If they just improved motions controls and offered a spec bump Wii U would have been interesting. I know it supported Wii Mote, but it was extremely secondary to that tablet thing. I don`t understand why Nintendo didn`t improve on motion controls, i really don`t understand why they ditched it.
3) Improve a lot on online, and I mean a lot.
4) Switch right now has no innovation in it. It`s just a tablet using a proprietary Nintendo OS with a TV Dock in the box, I mean, it`s just that and nothing else, the only thing it actually has is Nintendo games, and just that. It really has nothing to offer to consumers but Nintendo exclusives, I hope i`m wrong, but this way only nintendo fans are going to get one, again.
1) It's speculated to be a little below XB1. If it was on par, it wouldn't be a huge difference. The specs race is overrated anyway. Gameplay won't improve with higher specs. Third parties might have an easy way to port their games, but we all know that they can't sell their multiplat stuff on Nintendo consoles, so why even bothering anymore. Third parties should try to develop games that are suited for the Switch, like Capcom recently stated.
2) The WIi U had motion controls! Look at Nintendo Land, Splatoon, Fatal Frame V or Starfox Zero. The problem is that motion controls are hated by the so called "hardcore" gamers and they shit on it whenever they can.
3) Care to elaborate? All the games I played online so far worked amazingly well (Mario Kart 8, Smash, Splatoon, Devil's Third, and currently Metroid Prime Federation Force). The only exception would be Lost Reavers but I refuse to blame Nintendo for that.
4) Detachable controlers are the innovation. This allows for various ways to play.