Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces new VR headsets for Windows 10, starting at $299

One has to be $200 for me to consider VR. One step closer.



Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
One has to be $200 for me to consider VR. One step closer.

Agreed from a hardware standpoint.  Buying VR to me is like buying another console, and the support for VR is not the same as a conventional console.



Wow, $299 is un unbelievable price. Where did this come from?

But it doesn't work on Xbox 1?



Slimebeast said:
Wow, $299 is un unbelievable price. Where did this come from?

But it doesn't work on Xbox 1?

MS has suggested VR will only be for Scorpio, not standard Xbox One. Not surprising really, PS4 is basically the bare minimum you need for VR spec wise, and XB1is weaker than PS4. XB1 would only be able to power 800 x 900 per eye, which would look pretty pixelated probably.  



ArchangelMadzz said:
Cheaper AND no need for external cameras.

If it works as well and as comfortable as PSVR this could really challange Sony.

Good move!

My thoughts are that these are EXACTLY the headsets that Scorpio will support.  They said they weren't doing their own, and everyone assumed Rift or Vive compat..   But it seems these "cheaper" headsets would be the plan.  And with a $299 starting price they will be cheaper then PS VR.



XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Cheaper AND no need for external cameras.

If it works as well and as comfortable as PSVR this could really challange Sony.

Good move!

My thoughts are that these are EXACTLY the headsets that Scorpio will support.  They said they weren't doing their own, and everyone assumed Rift or Vive compat..   But it seems these "cheaper" headsets would be the plan.  And with a $299 starting price they will be cheaper then PS VR.

depends on when they release and what specs you get for $299 though

next year PSVR could be available at $299 aswell



Lafiel said:
cpg716 said:

My thoughts are that these are EXACTLY the headsets that Scorpio will support.  They said they weren't doing their own, and everyone assumed Rift or Vive compat..   But it seems these "cheaper" headsets would be the plan.  And with a $299 starting price they will be cheaper then PS VR.

depends on when they release and what specs you get for $299 though

next year PSVR could be available at $299 aswell

Doubt you will see $100 drop in 1yr..  and in reality.. it cost $499 for controllers and camera.. even $449 if you just want the camera..  These for $299 do not need a camera as they have inside out tracking.. and its just as easy to say that if these release in early 2017 that they could be $249 by the time Xmas comes around..   either way I think we can safely assume it will be cheaper then PS VR even if just by $50..



XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m