Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Mania Collectors Edition

The feelies are nice, but the lack of a physical copy for this game bugs me a lot. I haven't bought anything digital aside from the occasional Virtual Console game since 2010. But I reeeeeaaalllly want this game.



Around the Network

Very very nice collectors edition, only thing that could make it a tiny bit more amazing would be if the casted cartridge actually contained one of the original Sonic games on it to stick into a megadrive if you have one still. Just for nostalgia overload for people.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

I really don't care for Sonic, but I find myself actively rooting for this game. The fact that this is getting a Collector's Edition as well is additional evidence that Sonic Team have finally gotten it turned around. Here's hoping it inspires other game companies to start looking for fan developers.



MTZehvor said:
I really don't care for Sonic, but I find myself actively rooting for this game. The fact that this is getting a Collector's Edition as well is additional evidence that Sonic Team have finally gotten it turned around. Here's hoping it inspires other game companies to start looking for fan developers.

Sonic Team is not the one that is doing Sonic Mania, tho.



BraLoD said:
MTZehvor said:
I really don't care for Sonic, but I find myself actively rooting for this game. The fact that this is getting a Collector's Edition as well is additional evidence that Sonic Team have finally gotten it turned around. Here's hoping it inspires other game companies to start looking for fan developers.

Sonic Team is not the one that is doing Sonic Mania, tho.

Oh, uh...

Well, I suppose that did seem like a bit too much to hope for...



Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
BraLoD said:

Sonic Team is not the one that is doing Sonic Mania, tho.

Oh, uh...

Well, I suppose that did seem like a bit too much to hope for...

Well, they are doing a new AAA game, it might turn out ot be great, it feels like it'll be kinda like Generations, it's the other one in my sig, that's classic Sonic on that game, it'll also have modern Sonic as well, like on Generations as I just said.



Really poor. Would have been nice if there was a physical disc in it too.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Double post sorry



Sonic mania is an entirely new 2d sonic game made by the guys who did the sonic cd remake, it isn't an enhanced version of the sonic trilogy , it just happen to have green hill zone as it's starting zone (which by the way have new level design in the later acts).



BluePokegon said:

Sonic mania is an entirely new 2d sonic game made by the guys who did the sonic cd remake, it isn't an enhanced version of the sonic trilogy , it just happen to have green hill zone as it's starting zone (which by the way have new level design in the later acts).

Do people think it's a remake or something? It was said to be a new game, and even Green Hill Zone is not the exact same as it the original, it changes midway after giving us that huge nostalgia drive.