Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

Today I diagnosed myself with Food poisoning of some sort due to undercooked Pork. Other possibilities include mold infection or allergy.

 

Its pretty severe, and I should go to the Hospital. But I have no money, no car, and I am sick enough to be dangerous imo.

Putting it simply, I am really confused by my symptoms and not sure if I should stay home and heal or to risk the walk.

Symptoms-

Minor Fever, higher if I go outside in the 20 F weather.

Hard time breathing when walking.

Nausea

Minor muscle pains

 

Now I am really young, and pretty much none of these symptoms show up as I sit here and type this. But the moment I start walking to get a drink or go to class they show up. When I get to my destination takes about 5 min to get my breathe back.

It is really confusing, and I really don't want it to be Botulism. I am definitely waiting a day to see if anything improves, then I might risk the 2 mile walk.

Update: Feeling much better now. As I said if I got worse or stayed the same I would have walked to the hospital. But today I am feeling 98%. Took an exam without a problem. "Bad reaction" to the food and then dehydration appears to be the culprit. Live and Learn. Thread can be closed.



Around the Network

Can you call an ambulance? Or have you called the local poison control center? I'd call the poison control center immediately if I were you



Call an ambulance if you feel you can't get to the hospital without putting your health in danger.



StarOcean said:
Can you call an ambulance? Or have you called the local poison control center? I'd call the poison control center immediately if I were you

Ambulance is too expensive for me right now even with healthcare. If it is as low as $20 fee, would be a huge impact. But I am sure it is more.

 

As for Poison control center I might consider that, Problem is I feel no symptoms until I move around. If it is as severe as Botulism, I might need proper proof since I ate from government unexpired cans.



Farsala said:
StarOcean said:
Can you call an ambulance? Or have you called the local poison control center? I'd call the poison control center immediately if I were you

Ambulance is too expensive for me right now even with healthcare. If it is as low as $20 fee, would be a huge impact. But I am sure it is more.

 

As for Poison control center I might consider that, Problem is I feel no symptoms until I move around. If it is as severe as Botulism, I might need proper proof since I ate from government unexpired cans.

 

Dont you have a credit card or something - or a relative or a friend to contact for assistance in some way?

 

Call a relative or friend - or ask your neighbor?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Farsala said:

Ambulance is too expensive for me right now even with healthcare. If it is as low as $20 fee, would be a huge impact. But I am sure it is more.

 

As for Poison control center I might consider that, Problem is I feel no symptoms until I move around. If it is as severe as Botulism, I might need proper proof since I ate from government unexpired cans.

 

Dont you have a credit card or something - or a relative or a friend to contact for assistance in some way?

 

Call a relative or friend - or ask your neighbor?

Nah, everyone broke. My friends have no cars, I had a car but had to come here without it due to expenses. Might try and get my mom to come in my car, but she didn't seem keen on the idea. Seemed like she wanted me to walk lol.

I pretty much alone out here, but its nice until I get sick. Spring season is always tough because all my savings from working the summer full time drys up.



I've had food poisoning from shrimp. While it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life, I don't remember any breathing problems. I had a pounding, blinding headache so bad even the sound of my blood flowing through my veins made me sick. I had no energy to move until a spell of nausea would hit, then I would gag over the toilet even though my stomach was long empty, to the point it felt like my abdominal muscles would snap.

What you're talking about doesn't sound much like food poisoning. Calling a poison control center sounds like a good idea.



http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/trichinellosis/gen_info/faqs.html

That looks like undercooked pork



Honestly sounds like you might have pneumonia from those symptoms...

Either way you already said that you feel like you should go to the hospital, so go... You worry about the money, but if you happen to be dealing with something life threatening, then money should be the least of your concern. 

If you think you have Botulism, then that's certainly fatal in almost all cases.



Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I've had food poisoning a few times. It usually goes away by itself eventually...The longest I've been sick for is for is 1 week and that was when I accidently drank tap water on a trip to Asia. 



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54