Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Getting XBOne, need game reccomendations

I've been out of console gaming for about 2 years now, and am wanting to get back in. I'll snag one before the Black Friday deals are gone, so I am curious what some of the good games for the system are out there. Don't care if its exclusive or not, as I only game on the PC as well, but not that much. 

Generally, I prefer RPG/Sim/Strategy games and really am not a huge fan of shooters. I haven't been following the Xbox One's lineup that much, other than knowing that I'll get FO4 and the new Tomb Raider title. 



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

If you like RPG's you can download neverwinter for free for starters (I have it downloaded but haven't started on it yet but I have put many hours into the PC version) and of course The Witcher 3 looks amazing, I've played a bit of it at a friends house not enough to give a review on it but enough to know that I really want it. The Incredible adventures of Van Helsing is free with gold right now and so far it's been pretty good.



Witcher 3, Dragon Age: I. Honestly if you are a big PC gamer there is not much on XB1 you did not already have access to. Halo 5, Forza, and Sunset OD games are good and you cant play them on PC.

If you like RPGs you might want to get a PS4 also.... just saying.



psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Games I've spent most time on are Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and Ori. I have so many games that are untouched. I barely have time to play games these days. All of the other entertainment aspects of the Bone tend to pull my attention than the games, really.

You should probably get an external HDD also. The internal drive fills up quick. 5TB drives are pretty cheap now. Digital BC games will appear for you to download right away. Which make things even worse for storage.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
tokilamockingbrd said:
Witcher 3, Dragon Age: I. Honestly if you are a big PC gamer there is not much on XB1 you did not already have access to. Halo 5, Forza, and Sunset OD games are good and you cant play them on PC.

If you like RPGs you might want to get a PS4 also.... just saying.


PC is mostly for work and I can't really relax on it for a long gaming session, so assume that its out of the picture.



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Based on your preferences I'd say upgrade your PC and hook it up to your TV. Get a wireless kb/mouse and gamepad and you're good to go.



pbroy said:

Games I've spent most time on are Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and Ori. I have so many games that are untouched. I barely have time to play games these days. All of the other entertainment aspects of the Bone tend to pull my attention than the games, really.

You should probably get an external HDD also. The internal drive fills up quick. 5TB drives are pretty cheap now. Digital BC games will appear for you to download right away. Which make things even worse for storage.


How do the digital BC games work in regards to my previous X360 library?



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Witcher 3, Dragon Age: I. Honestly if you are a big PC gamer there is not much on XB1 you did not already have access to. Halo 5, Forza, and Sunset OD games are good and you cant play them on PC.

If you like RPGs you might want to get a PS4 also.... just saying.


PC is mostly for work and I can't really relax on it for a long gaming session, so assume that its out of the picture.


Well, its just that 2 of the 3 genres you like the best are much better on PC.

Another game I would recommend that just came out is Divinity: Original Sin. It kinda like a new take old Baldur's Gate games. Its on PC, XB1 and PS4.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition

 

 89 on Meta critic. My copy arrives tomorrow on Amazon.



psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

mrstickball said:
pbroy said:

Games I've spent most time on are Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and Ori. I have so many games that are untouched. I barely have time to play games these days. All of the other entertainment aspects of the Bone tend to pull my attention than the games, really.

You should probably get an external HDD also. The internal drive fills up quick. 5TB drives are pretty cheap now. Digital BC games will appear for you to download right away. Which make things even worse for storage.


How do the digital BC games work in regards to my previous X360 library?


If you have any digital 360 games that have been made backwards compatible on the Xbone, they will appear on your ready to install list. Which you can simply download to your Xbone for no charge whatsoever. If you have a disc of a game that is BC, when you insert the disc it will download a digital copy to your Xbone that can only be played with the original disc in the slot.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Personally i bought Xbox one for halo 1-5 and killer instinct. Mainly killer instinct. It's a whole other level.