By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony isn't 100% sure The Last Guardian will release next year

 

Are you still excited?

Yes 107 50.23%
 
No 41 19.25%
 
So much hype out of nothing... 65 30.52%
 
Total:213


http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_last_guardian/news/sony_isnt_100_sure_the_last_guardian_will_release_next_year.html
Sony isn't 100% sure The Last Guardian will release next year

Development of The Last Guardian on PS4 has been going well, says Sony, but isn't yet 100 per cent confident the heavily delayed game will launch in 2016.

"The move from PS3 to PS4 was difficult, Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Worldwide Studios boss told Engadget.

He added: "The old engineering effort had to go back to the drawing board and be remade for PS4. And that took a long time. But since last year, the development has been going very well. So we have a good amount of confidence in terms of this window for next year."

The game segment shown at E3 is actually playable, only it won't be like this when you get your hands on the final version.

"So the video we showed [on Monday] is totally playable," confirmed Yoshida. "It's a small section of a larger level. And we chose to do video because the press conference is really tightly scheduled and because the nature of the game is an adventure game. So the AI involved, the bird, might not do what we want it to do. So in order to make that tight press conference schedule work, we just recorded video. But the game runs like that. Performance-wise it's going very well."



Around the Network

Way to spin his words



Hmm, I can understand not getting the game this year, but the fact that they're not even sure about next year surprises me a little.

With the game kinda being far in the background for the longest time, and finally being shown at E3, I would've assumed that the game has had a lot of developement, but I guess they're far from done.



That is a terrible title. Did you even bother reading the article OP?

His quote:

"But since last year, the development has been going very well. So we have a good amount of confidence in terms of this window for next year."

Awful, awful title.



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, I can understand not getting the game this year, but the fact that they're not even sure about next year surprises me a little.

With the game kinda being far in the background for the longest time, and finally being shown at E3, I would've assumed that the game has had a lot of developement, but I guess they're far from done.

I'm a bit worried about the line about AI I bolded. If they weren't sure on the AI behavior in such a short segment, and thats the reason they got a trailer not a live persentation... Its all just very strange... 



Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
That is a terrible title. Did you even bother reading the article OP?

His quote:

"But since last year, the development has been going very well. So we have a good amount of confidence in terms of this window for next year."

Awful, awful title.

Thats the title of the article I'm linknig to, man... And the OP is the article itself. 



Early 2017 it is.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fusioncode said:
That is a terrible title. Did you even bother reading the article OP?

His quote:

"But since last year, the development has been going very well. So we have a good amount of confidence in terms of this window for next year."

Awful, awful title.

Correct me if I'm wrng but "a good amount of confidence" =/= "We will definitely release 2016!"
So yeah, definitely lower than 100%.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ps5 confirmed! But yea, it sounds like it will release next year than not honestly but I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Sharu said:


I'm a bit worried about the line about AI I bolded. If they weren't sure on the AI behavior in such a short segment, and thats the reason they got a trailer not a live persentation... Its all just very strange... 

Do you cry foul for every game in a Nintendo direct because it's all video and not live?