Quantcast
Rumor: Ni No Kuni 2 in development, exclusive to PS4

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Ni No Kuni 2 in development, exclusive to PS4

ganoncrotch said:
First game was pretty beautiful but only managed to shift 1.4m copies on the ps3, altho it is often on sale on the psn store for 4-6euros so I guess a great number of its sales would be digitally (even tho the buggering thing is 26gb big!!)

Cool if true tho, nice to see the potential of a new rpg series spawning out of the first game.

Only?  What?  :-O

1 million is actually huge sales, in the grand scheme of things.  

There are 100s, even 1000's of games coming out every year.  Out of 400 games that are on VGC for PS4, only 28 of them have been tracked as selling more than 1 million.  We see a similar story on the PS3.  

Selling 1 million copies, puts that game in the top 10% of all games easily.  The grand majority of companies would be jumping in joy if they got a game that sold 1 million.  There are a few companies that are in a class of their own where 1 million would be a failure, this is a small number of companies.  



Around the Network

Please be true, I need Ni no Kuni 2 in  my life but refine more the battle system and improve the ally A.I



I dunno, I feel like this could be just an educated guess.



Dunno how true this is exactly. I heard that Hayao Miyazaki is/going to retire forreal and that When Marine Was There will be the Studios last work. Of course they don't necessarily need Studio Ghibli to do all the art and do as much with the story... but it would also depend on who owns the rights to certain things in Ni no Kuni. I would totally love to see a sequel tho... one of the best JRPG's I've played in years.



“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Recycle001 said:
Dunno how true this is exactly. I heard that Hayao Miyazaki is/going to retire forreal and that When Marine Was There will be the Studios last work. Of course they don't necessarily need Studio Ghibli to do all the art and do as much with the story... but it would also depend on who owns the rights to certain things in Ni no Kuni. I would totally love to see a sequel tho... one of the best JRPG's I've played in years.


Ni No Kuni is owned by Level 5 and yeah, as you said, they could go to another studio for the animations. Also if I recall correctly, Studio Ghibli only did the animations and not the story. Also who knows, maybe they already did the animations before they closed shop, Ni No Kuni 2 has been rumored for quite a long time.



"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

I hope he is right.



OttoniBastos said:
Tidux....welp as much as i want to belive,i will keep my hype down until a more reliable sauce appears

Do you find one of these sauces reliable?



the-pi-guy said:
ganoncrotch said:
First game was pretty beautiful but only managed to shift 1.4m copies on the ps3, altho it is often on sale on the psn store for 4-6euros so I guess a great number of its sales would be digitally (even tho the buggering thing is 26gb big!!)

Cool if true tho, nice to see the potential of a new rpg series spawning out of the first game.

Only?  What?  :-O

1 million is actually huge sales, in the grand scheme of things.  

There are 100s, even 1000's of games coming out every year.  Out of 400 games that are on VGC for PS4, only 28 of them have been tracked as selling more than 1 million.  We see a similar story on the PS3.  

Selling 1 million copies, puts that game in the top 10% of all games easily.  The grand majority of companies would be jumping in joy if they got a game that sold 1 million.  There are a few companies that are in a class of their own where 1 million would be a failure, this is a small number of companies.  


Except the original isn't on the ps4 is it? it's on the ps3 which has 231 million+ selling games, Ni No Kuni being no 142 in that list. You have to look at the install base when saying that selling 1m is down to exceptional software Sonic Unleashed(ps3), Sonic 2006 (x360) are both million selling games both utter failures in the grand scheme of things if you were to drop them onto the ps4 now you would never expect them to join the 28 games that sold a million on that system, surely?



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Since Studio Ghibli is on non-active, this seems somewhat unlikely.



WolfpackN64 said:
Since Studio Ghibli is on non-active, this seems somewhat unlikely.


All they did was the animation, any anime studio can do that. Just look at Yokai Watch animations, they look very similar.



"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"