As per the thread title - we’re looking for some new writers, and ideally we’d like them to come from the community as this is where some of our best and most reliable staff over the years have been discovered.
We’re primarily looking for gamers who are interested in writing reviews and general articles (news posts, opinion pieces, lists, factual pieces, and so on; writers have pretty much complete freedom in this respect). We also have room for a couple of extra sales writers, to work alongside William producing articles dedicated to sales analysis.
Check out our requirements below and if you meet the criteria feel free to send in an application.
Requirements (Sales Writing Team):
- A strong interest in video games and the gaming industry, especially the financial side of things
- Some experience writing sales analyses. The outlet is not important – it can be in the form of simple forum posts/threads on these very forums – what matters is the actual content
- Good English
- Good Maths
- A knack for creating well-presented charts, graphs, and the like
- A strong idea of the sales subjects you’d like to write about and article series you’d like to create
- Commitment & plenty of spare time
Requirements (Reviews & General Articles Team):
- Good English
- Ability to write to a deadline
- Sufficient time to complete games soon after or slightly before they release
- Critical thinker
- Own, and regularly play on, at least one of the following platforms (platforms are listed in order of need): Xbox One, PC, PS4, 3DS/N3DS, Wii U
- Commitment. We’re looking for writers who want to join the team and get involved in the site on a long-term basis
- Regularly use Skype for IM chat, and willing to join the staff IM chat room.
How to Apply:
- You can apply for both or just one of the above positions if you like. Regardless of which position(s) you apply for we require a sample of your writing that is related to the position you’re applying for (so if you apply for the Sales Writer position you must submit a sales article, if applying to join the Review or Article team you must submit a review or general article, and if applying for both we require one of each).
- In the case of review applicants we require a sample review, you must also list the platform(s) you regularly play and could review games on, as well as a list of genres you enjoy.
- All positions are officially volunteer positions, but all writers are paid once a month, with their earnings being based on the hits their published content generates in the preceding month.
- If you join the review team you will also have the opportunity to claim free press review copies from publishers and attend major industry events like E3 as a member of the gaming press.
- The deadline for applications is 13th April. Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org – be sure to include your name, country, the platforms you own, your Skype details, and a relevant sample (failure to do so will almost certainly rule you out straight away).
- Successful applicants will usually be contacted within 3 days of the deadline (so the 16th April). Due to the volume of applications we receive during these recruitment drives we don’t contact rejected applicants, so if you haven’t been contacted within 3 days then we thank you for taking the interest to apply but unfortunately you haven’t made the cut this time. You’re welcome to try again next time we post a recruitment thread though.