Quantcast
Upgraded my Xbone with a 5TB external HDD

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Upgraded my Xbone with a 5TB external HDD

Panama said:
Do USB powered HDDs work?


Yup, as long as it's USB 3.0.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I've got a 2TB Samsung that sits on top of my XB1. It was £80 when I bought it but it's gone down now
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Slimline-Portable-Hard-Drive/dp/B00FZU9JYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426334700&sr=8-1&keywords=2tb+samsung+external+hard+drive



I'm waiting for the Nyko Databank to release (should be soon) so that I can get a 3.5" drive for my PS4.

At which point, I'll probably either go for a 6tb HDD, or 4tb SSHD (I'm not really sure what the benefits are, I guess they're faster, but I dunno if the ps4 supports those speeds / if they'd be noticeable).

If and when I eventually get an Xbox One (maybe sometime next year), hopefully by that point there'll be a 1tb+ SKU available. As I'd only be using it for exclusives, I don't see myself getting more than 10-20 games for it throughout its lifetime.



SamuelRSmith said:
I'm waiting for the Nyko Databank to release (should be soon) so that I can get a 3.5" drive for my PS4.

At which point, I'll probably either go for a 6tb HDD, or 4tb SSHD (I'm not really sure what the benefits are, I guess they're faster, but I dunno if the ps4 supports those speeds / if they'd be noticeable).

If and when I eventually get an Xbox One (maybe sometime next year), hopefully by that point there'll be a 1tb+ SKU available. As I'd only be using it for exclusives, I don't see myself getting more than 10-20 games for it throughout its lifetime.



I use my Xbone for TV mostly and voice commanding all my entertainment, along with smartglass for an all-in-one remote. I also have an 8 way HDMI splitter. That little thing to the left of my PS4. I have it split to 3 TVs. One in the Family room, one in the living room and one in the place I spend most, the kitchen. So I can just smartglass from anywhere.

I've grown lazy of home console gaming. It's gotten too time consuming. I game mostly on my Vita these days. But when I eventually get tired of life and decide to just stay home all day, I'll have everything ready and waiting for me.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

That's a nice price for it. Looks like it's 5400 rpm though. I always go with 7200 rpm.
I would also not put the device on top of something that generates heat, just in case.



Around the Network

I will be getting a 5TB for mine.



pbroy said:

I use my Xbone for TV mostly and voice commanding all my entertainment, along with smartglass for an all-in-one remote. I also have an 8 way HDMI splitter. That little thing to the left of my PS4. I have it split to 3 TVs. One in the Family room, one in the living room and one in the place I spend most, the kitchen. So I can just smartglass from anywhere.

I've grown lazy of home console gaming. It's gotten too time consuming. I game mostly on my Vita these days. But when I eventually get tired of life and decide to just stay home all day, I'll have everything ready and waiting for me.


To be honest, I don't play games all that much at the moment. Not through lack of want, just don't have the time these days. I actually do the same thing, just a bit of Vita action whenever I can slide in 10-15 minutes of game time here or there.

I don't watch TV, either. Also because of lack of time, but generally because I don't watch TV at all anyways. Sucks, 'cause I signed up to a 2 year cable contract last September, must have watched about 30 minutes of TV on it. /lesigh.

I will one day get myself a really awesome entertainment setup. Even if I never use it, it'll be one of those boyhood dreams that I will achieve.



Hiku said:
That's a nice price for it. Looks like it's 5400 rpm though. I always go with 7200 rpm.
I would also not put the device on top of something that generates heat, just in case.


Xbone actually runs pretty cool. It's in an open space and the vents with hot air on the right side. Don't think it'll be a problem.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Hiku said:
That's a nice price for it. Looks like it's 5400 rpm though. I always go with 7200 rpm.
I would also not put the device on top of something that generates heat, just in case.


I have a seagate oen liek OP has but a 3tb version and they are 7200rpm



SamuelRSmith said:
I'm waiting for the Nyko Databank to release (should be soon) so that I can get a 3.5" drive for my PS4.

At which point, I'll probably either go for a 6tb HDD, or 4tb SSHD (I'm not really sure what the benefits are, I guess they're faster, but I dunno if the ps4 supports those speeds / if they'd be noticeable).

If and when I eventually get an Xbox One (maybe sometime next year), hopefully by that point there'll be a 1tb+ SKU available. As I'd only be using it for exclusives, I don't see myself getting more than 10-20 games for it throughout its lifetime.


same here as i zero space on teh ps4 atm lol.  I probably will go for 4tb  when nyko comes out. SSHD boots things faster then normal HDD .  Once you had the bone , you never want to go back :P