Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us 2 Confirmed. Sort of.

arcane_chaos said:
LordLichtenstein said:

What if The Last of Us 2 is to TLOU what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted 1? :D


*heads explodes*


Literally.



Around the Network
Azerth said:
Not surprising Sony is going to milk that franchise for as long as they can

Why is this Sony specific? Whic developer doesn't follow up on such a good selling game? Try harder.



spemanig said:
CosmicSex said:

I disagree.  Having played the game, it is obvious that even though Joels story is the adhesive, the last of us is a game about people in different situations dealing with the world they live in.   TLOU is the story of Joels survivin' in that world.  All other charachter have their own unique stories but ultimately everyone is living in a world ravaged by the fungus.   One of the great parts of the story is that you could tell that everyone Joel encounterd had a unique story.  The DLC dives into this and lets us explore Ellie's deeper story.   And that was just one character. 

Joels story is the adhesive that holds all of these complex backgrounds together, but each story in itself is very compelling.  Even David's story... or rather especially David's.  Also Marlene's story and Tess; not to mention Tommy and his family... heck even Ish could get a whole game.


What? No it isn't. It most definitely is only about Joel, and to a lesser extent, Ellie. It's not about Joel surviving anything. It's about Joel dealing with the loss of his daughter. That's it. Of course they're are others living in that world. It would be inauthentic story telling to not flesh out those characters as they interact with him. Every good story with supporting characters does this. That doesn't somehow make the setting more important. It merely makes the setting more credible. If the setting was WW2 Germany instead of a zombie apocolypse, the characters would be just as fleshed out. Not of that makes a sequel more credible.

Aside from your usual preferences, that's just not correct. The Walking Dead is exactly about the stories people experience, but that never means that Rick's story is the only interesting one.



thedawghousev2 said:

We're in a thread about a pretty much already confirmed sequel to the last of us, meaning the people who made the last of us already decided to make a sequel. That's proof, if it wasn't proven already based on the ending, that there is room for a sequel. You claim that making a sequel is sloppy writing, that must mean that you know more about writing than the creators themselves.


No, it's proof that a sequel will make money. And yeah, if the writers truly did believe that a sequel to TLOU was an intelligent writing decision, and I'm 99% sure they don't actually believe that, then I absolutely and unequivocally do know more about writing than the creators themselves.



Well, this is new.

Read.

thedawghousev2 said:
kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:
kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:
CosmicSex said:
Without a doubt the best game I ever played.
imagine this: I played Nino Kumi, BioShock Infinite, and TLOU all in the same month...

I nearly overdosed on good games. An amazing RPG, an amazing FPS/RPG and an Epic Third Person/Action Adventure.


instantly surpassed super mario world, super mario sunshine, pokemon emerald, 007: agent under fire, and a certain dude bro fps game that is looked down upon in this community called call of duty: world at war as my favorite game of all time. played it three months ago on the ps4 and i love it, played the campaign three times already

I'm sorry but now way tlou 2 will sell 15 million copies. Too much competition from uncharted and all of the other amazing games Sony makes 


the ps4 sells software like no other, the last of us ps3 version alone sold 7-8 million and the ps3 didn't sell software as well as the ps4. the last of us 2 will come out in 2016 or 2017 maybe even 2018, by then the ps4 will have sold 70-100 million if not more, and uncharted will be long gone. the last of us is huge man, will sell systems even that late in the generation.

The ps4 sells 3rd party software like no other. Not first party. When they actually get some competition it'll be even less of a chance 


lol The Last of Us Remastered 2.5 million probably much higher by now, Infamous 2 million, Driveclub on it's way to 2 million, LittleBigPlanet 3 on it's way to 1 million, Killzone SF, despite how bad it was, sold 2 million, Knack even got 1.25 million. come on now man, i know you love xbox but be real here. i get 15 million may seem overly optimistic but the last of us is a 10+ million seller already.

"I know you love xbox". I knew that card would be used. I said it wouldn't sell that much because of the competition from great games later one. Knack was heavily bundled. This is the beginning of the generation. Theyres less completion. Tlou selling 10 million copies? Possible. 15 mil no way. I don't even think halo ever sold that much. Heck did anyone besides ninty sell that much on one platform with a non casual game like this 



Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:

Aside from your usual preferences, that's just not correct. The Walking Dead is exactly about the stories people experience, but that never means that Rick's story is the only interesting one.


I never said that Joel's story was the only interesting one. And even in the event that I didn't, The Walking Dead is a completely different type of story telling. Also, The Walking Dead isn't over. The Walking Dead adds absolutely nothing to the descussion about a sequel to a game like TLOU.

EDIT: And excuse me? My usual preferences? Preferences. Hm.



Well, this is new.

Read.

kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:
kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:
kinisking said:
thedawghousev2 said:
CosmicSex said:
Without a doubt the best game I ever played.
imagine this: I played Nino Kumi, BioShock Infinite, and TLOU all in the same month...

I nearly overdosed on good games. An amazing RPG, an amazing FPS/RPG and an Epic Third Person/Action Adventure.


instantly surpassed super mario world, super mario sunshine, pokemon emerald, 007: agent under fire, and a certain dude bro fps game that is looked down upon in this community called call of duty: world at war as my favorite game of all time. played it three months ago on the ps4 and i love it, played the campaign three times already

I'm sorry but now way tlou 2 will sell 15 million copies. Too much competition from uncharted and all of the other amazing games Sony makes 


the ps4 sells software like no other, the last of us ps3 version alone sold 7-8 million and the ps3 didn't sell software as well as the ps4. the last of us 2 will come out in 2016 or 2017 maybe even 2018, by then the ps4 will have sold 70-100 million if not more, and uncharted will be long gone. the last of us is huge man, will sell systems even that late in the generation.

The ps4 sells 3rd party software like no other. Not first party. When they actually get some competition it'll be even less of a chance 


lol The Last of Us Remastered 2.5 million probably much higher by now, Infamous 2 million, Driveclub on it's way to 2 million, LittleBigPlanet 3 on it's way to 1 million, Killzone SF, despite how bad it was, sold 2 million, Knack even got 1.25 million. come on now man, i know you love xbox but be real here. i get 15 million may seem overly optimistic but the last of us is a 10+ million seller already.

"I know you love xbox". I knew that card would be used. I said it wouldn't sell that much because of the competition from great games later one. Knack was heavily bundled. This is the beginning of the generation. Theyres less completion. Tlou selling 10 million copies? Possible. 15 mil no way. I don't even think halo ever sold that much. Heck did anyone besides ninty sell that much on one platform with a non casual game like this 

the thing about the xbox 360/original xbox is that those two didn't perform nearly as well as the ps4 is now. have you ever seen, in any generation, a system have four (Destiny and GTA are pretty much there by now) or two (Advanced Warfare and Fifa will be there by the end of the year) four or five million sellers in a little over a year? think about what the ps4 will do by the time the last of us 2 comes out, while keeping in mind that the first installation of the last of us sold 10+ million.



spemanig said:
bubblegamer said:

Aside from your usual preferences, that's just not correct. The Walking Dead is exactly about the stories people experience, but that never means that Rick's story is the only interesting one.


I never said that Joel's story was the only interesting one. And even in the event that I didn't, The Walking Dead is a completely different type of story telling. Also, The Walking Dead isn't over. The Walking Dead adds absolutely nothing to the descussion about a sequel to a game like TLOU.

EDIT: And excuse me? My usual preferences? Preferences. Hm.

You don't need to say that, becasue we don't know much about this game yet. A contiuation would be cool, you're just not imaginative enough as those writers are to see how it could be done. Even if it is about new characters, it's still cool. The world left us with many questions and very little was explained. The Walking Dead is the perfect example to comapre it to, you just don't want to see it.

By your preferences i mean, just like you'd expect Shu Yoshida to make a positive comment about anything Playstation, you are expected to make dissaproving comments about Sony games. I've seen you do it, on many many occations. in discussions about God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted... etc. Just stop derailing the topic, we know you don't like it already, can we, those who do, discuss the exciting possibilities here?



kinisking said:

"I know you love xbox". I knew that card would be used. I said it wouldn't sell that much because of the competition from great games later one. Knack was heavily bundled. This is the beginning of the generation. Theyres less completion. Tlou selling 10 million copies? Possible. 15 mil no way. I don't even think halo ever sold that much. Heck did anyone besides ninty sell that much on one platform with a non casual game like this 




VGC: Halo - 6,43M

VGC: Halo 2 - 8,49M

A growth of 32.04 %

----------------------------
 
Official: The Last of Us sold more than 7 million on PS3

VGC: The Last of Us Remastered - 2,44M

Total 9,44 

with a growth of 32.04 % = 12.46


The Last of Us has a very good chance of selling 15 million.


I know this is flawed, but anyway. IT HAS A GOOD CHANCE!



bubblegamer said:

You don't need to say that, becasue we don't know much about this game yet. A contiuation would be cool, you're just not imaginative enough as those writers are to see how it could be done. Even if it is about new characters, it's still cool. The world left us with many questions and very little was explained. The Walking Dead is the perfect example to comapre it to, you just don't want to see it.

By your preferences i mean, just like you'd expect Shu Yoshida to make a positive comment about anything Playstation, you are expected to make dissaproving comments about Sony games. I've seen you do it, on many many occations. in discussions about God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted... etc. Just stop derailing the topic, we know you don't like it already, can we, those who do, discuss the exciting possibilities here?


A continuation would not be "cool." That has nothing to do with imagination. TLOU is a finished story. That's the end of it. The Walking Dead is absolutely not a good comparison. I'm already given numerous adequite comparisons. There's nothing to see. I've already said why.

I make disapproving comments about everything. I will dismantle bullshit where ever it may hail. My disapproval knows no gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or console manufacturer. If you're doing something stupid, I'm calling you out on it. If you want to choose to selectively see only when I call out the stupid shit Sony and it's subsidiaries do, that's your choice.

I'm not derailing anything. The topic talks about TLOU2 being confirmed. I, completely on topic, am discussing why that's bullshit. You're the one trying to turn it into a petty thing about consoles preferences. Also, I'm not you're father. I can't tell you what to not do. There's nothing stopping you from talking about how excited you are about this but yourself, so I don't see why you need to ask me for permission.



Well, this is new.

Read.