Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Post $2 Billion+ Loss

NiKKoM said:
chocoloco said:

 100.000 x 0.14 = 14.00 dollars when rounded up to the smallest decimal place . Not bad google, not bad.

 

-edit math fail.. 14.000

For 1 question? Not bad at all.. Its actually in euro cents.. Now say 50 travel agencies in the US want that information for 50 countries.. And it takes google like 5 minutes to send that data.The information google has on you is more the you would think. I have no doubt they know my taste in music, have a macbook and iphone, like movies, my favorite food and know my shoe size

I know for a fact that here in the netherlands 1 database with around 1 million user data supports an entire company of 150 people.. 

Do not mind me being a slight ass in my response.



Around the Network

damn wtf is wrong at Sony



Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
damn wtf is wrong at Sony

I do not know, but if you follow the threads done mostly by Koweniki the loss was expected for a long time.



chocoloco said:
chapset said:
damn wtf is wrong at Sony

I do not know, but if you follow the threads done mostly by Koweniki the loss was expected for a long time.

Meaning kowen just post the ones with loss, or that any financial thread on sony is about loss and since kowen post most of them after following we would know that sony is in bad shape?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
chocoloco said:
chapset said:
damn wtf is wrong at Sony

I do not know, but if you follow the threads done mostly by Koweniki the loss was expected for a long time.

Meaning kowen just post the ones with loss, or that any financial thread on sony is about loss and since kowen post most of them after following we would know that sony is in bad shape?

I think it's because unlike most here, myself included, kowen actually knows what he is talking about in those threads.

The rest of us meanwhile say things like "Sony lost 2 billion dollars, MS lost 2.5 billion on Minecraft".



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
chocoloco said:

I do not know, but if you follow the threads done mostly by Koweniki the loss was expected for a long time.

Meaning kowen just post the ones with loss, or that any financial thread on sony is about loss and since kowen post most of them after following we would know that sony is in bad shape?

I think it's because unlike most here, myself included, kowen actually knows what he is talking about in those threads.

The rest of us meanwhile say things like "Sony lost 2 billion dollars, MS lost 2.5 billion on Minecraft".


I was joking with him... but anyway most of the financial threads on Sony is posted by him, and actually the news themselve show Sony bad financial situation, kowen contribution on that is small.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:

I was joking with him... but anyway most of the financial threads on Sony is posted by him, and actually the news themselve show Sony bad financial situation, kowen contribution on that is small.

He, at one time, suggested that Sony should listen to Dan Loeb and sell off their entertainment division. Boy was that a horrible idea...



joeorc said:

They are just going to go more premium models, and cut on more mid tier smartphones, now they will not sell as many, but on the same token any that they will sell will be in profit. Even if its only 10 million a year it will still generate profit! But the Camera Cmos investment will be increased with the cuts in mid tier production, and switched to larger CMOS R&D. 


That... could end up as being an even bigger disaster. Phone markets are hyper saturated and the thing would have to compete against the top-end Lumia, Samsung, and Apple brands. They'd sell so little that the brand would and could well stangnate into irrelevance if they even manage to somehow make them sell at a profit while also offering price-point competition with competitors.



Aura7541 said:
DonFerrari said:

I was joking with him... but anyway most of the financial threads on Sony is posted by him, and actually the news themselve show Sony bad financial situation, kowen contribution on that is small.

He, at one time, suggested that Sony should listen to Dan Loeb and sell off their entertainment division. Boy was that a horrible idea...


I believe Dan Loeb did not exactly say sell off their entertainment division.
Just have that as seperate company functionally seperately of the main firm. Sony would still be a major stakeholder and shareholder. 



 

Aura7541 said:
DonFerrari said:

I was joking with him... but anyway most of the financial threads on Sony is posted by him, and actually the news themselve show Sony bad financial situation, kowen contribution on that is small.

He, at one time, suggested that Sony should listen to Dan Loeb and sell off their entertainment division. Boy was that a horrible idea...


And we know Sony won't ever listen to a foreign vulture investor... Kowen may know a lot about financials, but he certainly wouldn't be the first person I would ask for advices toward Sony or MS, too invested.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994