Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New FAST Racing Neo screens

Vena said:
curl-6 said:

Jett Rocket II was a lot worse than the first one, I agree with you there, but I found Nano Assault Neo an improvement over the 3DS original, it just felt more balanced and polished.


Its short and a bit unbalanced if anything were to be my complaints which makes the gameplay, particularly from the latter, swing wildly from play session to play session. I've had entire starting levels go by without a power-up and struggle to finish with decent points, to starting levels where I end up with 4 Sats and a V-gun and fall asleep at the helm.

This has only happened to me very rarely. And I don't know if they patched it, but the 3DS version has/had a glitch where enemies could spawn under you and insta-kill you. Difficulty also felt more fair in the Wii U sequel, I found.



Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

And even still, Shin'en can pull these level of graphics off on a fraction of that budget. Either way you slice it, Shin'en putting the top names to shame when it comes to what level of graphics they can pull off on the Wii U.

Not just a fraction of the budget, but with a team of 5 guys.

They did the same thing on Wii; almost nothing on that system, including big budget productions, could touch their 40MB Wiiware games Jett Rocket and FAST Racing League in technical terms.



this might be my first Shin'en game



curl-6 said:

This has only happened to me very rarely. And I don't know if they patched it, but the 3DS version has/had a glitch where enemies could spawn under you and insta-kill you. Difficulty also felt more fair in the Wii U sequel, I found.


They patched the under-belly spawns out, yes, but I get very varied start-off levels very regularly. Its just a luck thing and, honestly, I think they should just let you at least start the game with a load-out but that may make it too simplistic.



Locknuts 1 hour ago

Nobody budgets millions of dollars for Wii U ports. I seem to remember reading Ubisoft saying Wii U ports of AAA games cost around 1m euros. Minute compared to the budgets allocated for other versions. 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-23-ubisoft-says-wii-u-ports-costing-under-USD1-3-million



Around the Network

Guys, is it coming on WiiU?

Looks amazing! Want it!



NickK said:
Guys, is it coming on WiiU?

Looks amazing! Want it!

Yep, it's a Wii U exclusive.



baloofarsan said:

Locknuts 1 hour ago

Nobody budgets millions of dollars for Wii U ports. I seem to remember reading Ubisoft saying Wii U ports of AAA games cost around 1m euros. Minute compared to the budgets allocated for other versions. 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-23-ubisoft-says-wii-u-ports-costing-under-USD1-3-million

Ah thanks. I knew I read that somewhere.



Vena said:
curl-6 said:

This has only happened to me very rarely. And I don't know if they patched it, but the 3DS version has/had a glitch where enemies could spawn under you and insta-kill you. Difficulty also felt more fair in the Wii U sequel, I found.

They patched the under-belly spawns out, yes, but I get very varied start-off levels very regularly. Its just a luck thing and, honestly, I think they should just let you at least start the game with a load-out but that may make it too simplistic.

For better or for worse, Shin'en's games tend to be quite old school in their gameplay sensibilities. (Stiff difficulty, lives, probability-based item drops, etc)

I for one quite like this approach; their games remind me of the better N64/PS1 games, (games like F Zero X, WipeOut, Mario 64, etc) just with modern graphics and 60fps. And since almost nobody else makes games like these anymore, I find it appealing.



curl-6 said:
NickK said:
Guys, is it coming on WiiU?

Looks amazing! Want it!

Yep, it's a Wii U exclusive.

Jeez that looks Epic. This might be the first pure racing game I buy in years.