Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U graphics

Which looks better

Tech demo 2011 382 29.09%
 
E3 2014 928 70.68%
 
Total:1,310

I am sure it will have the best of Wii U graphics. Zelda games make the best of graphics of every console! I am really confident about it!



Around the Network
Zero999 said:
curl-6 said:
Zero999 said:

I wasn't being subjective. I was refering to polygons/textures/animations/effects...

You're wrong about textures, at least as far as complexity goes. The toon style makes them much simpler.

there is no toon style on zelda for wii u. and the style only it makes the textures different, the texture quality/resolution is still there.

Look at the tunic; very clear toon shading.



I didn't think there would be a direct this week, cos I'm a pessimistic dunce.

curl-6 said:
Zero999 said:
curl-6 said:
Zero999 said:

I wasn't being subjective. I was refering to polygons/textures/animations/effects...

You're wrong about textures, at least as far as complexity goes. The toon style makes them much simpler.

there is no toon style on zelda for wii u. and the style only it makes the textures different, the texture quality/resolution is still there.

Look at the tunic; very clear toon shading.


Cell shading. Toons have exagerrated proportions. This is more like anime... But I've been crucified for making a distinction (which obviously exists), so I'll take it you mean it as being the same as cell shading.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Hynad said:

 I'll take it you mean it as being the same as cell shading.

I do.



I didn't think there would be a direct this week, cos I'm a pessimistic dunce.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

 I'll take it you mean it as being the same as cell shading.

I do.


Well... You know... You're wrong. You really should accept it. Samus Aran and Zero999 say that the new Zelda look is the ultimate shit that nothing compares to, so better accept it or you'll be considered a monkey who loves shiny things.

True story.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Around the Network
Hynad said:

Well... You know... You're wrong. You really should accept it. Samus Aran and Zero999 say that the new Zelda look is the ultimate shit that nothing compares to, so better accept it or you'll be considered a monkey who loves shiny things.

True story.

Sarcasm ? 



fatslob-:O said:
Hynad said:

Well... You know... You're wrong. You really should accept it. Samus Aran and Zero999 say that the new Zelda look is the ultimate shit that nothing compares to, so better accept it or you'll be considered a monkey who loves shiny things.

True story.

Sarcasm ? 

I don't know... I think... Since they've said so much and explained all the technical aspects of those graphics, in full details... I may have been convinced.

I think now I see the light.


In "because I say so", I trust.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81


Funny, I have seen no such things from you. What makes it more detailed is the fact that it's an open world and not a dark confined room. Compare the fire effects from both trailers, the difference is night and day.

And Link's character in the tech demo isn't more or less realistic than the one from the new trailer. They're both unrealistic. If the new Link is supposed to be anime than why isn't the old one considered the same? Flawed and inconsistent logic. 




I think the new demo looks much more technically impressive than the old one in many aspects. Wether you like it more or not is another story.

fatslob-:O said:
Zero999 said:
Hynad said:

The tech demo's textures aren't blurry. This is only due to the quality of the captures. Look into some pictures from the new game where you see the environment. The textures are blurry, even when you watch them from direct feed shots. This is a style choice, probably for various reasons, including the need to keep the performance in check. No matter how much the new look pleases you more, the actual game is simply not on the same level as the tech demo, detail-wise.  -__-

that's what I've been saying, the game is on a higher level than the demo.

You misinterpreted Hynad's post ... 

What you think: The actual game is more detailed. 

What Hynad thinks: The 2011 tech demo is more detailed. 

#FAIL

you need to turn on your sarcasm detector ¬¬