Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
Aura7541 said:
Wrong, NPD numbers show PS4 at about 3 million and the X1 at 2.5 million. VGC numbers are a joke.


I am sorry, are we on NPD forums?

Also, proof that VGC numbers are a joke? for all I know NPD got the numbers wrong, you can't prove otherwise.

NPD surveys over 50% of the US market while VGC only looks at 3-5% of the market and previous trends. NPD is a lot more accurate because they use proper methadology. That's why companies use NPD numbers. If NPD is always wrong, companies would not be using their figures. You have not proven why NPD is inaccurate while I gave evidence.



Around the Network

There is a reason VGC Numbers get adjusted  to match NPD Numbers

Need a hint why?;)



https://www.adobe.com/macromedia/ir/macr/whitepapers/npd_pos.pdf

This is outdated now that Walmart is now included in NPD. Anyways, compare NPD's methodology to VGC's and the difference is day and night.



why is it you refuse to acknowledge the vast majority of posters in here? we have proved you wrong time and time again and you continue to just spout non-sense.

you keep saying all the xb1 has to do is increase by a small fraction to catch up, but you conpletely ignore what it would take to actually do that. you remind me of that kid who invests tons into a penny stock saying "it only needs to go up just a tiny bit and i make big bucks"

the price has been dropped already and during TF launch you could pick one up cheap. nd it still could not outsell the ps4. how is it now going to magically start doing so? what is going to change the sales ration from almost 2:1 in favor of the ps4, to a small advantage for the xb1?

and stop with this 10% business, we all understand how many units behind the ps4 it is, but you need to look at something called market sentiment, and a silly little change like taking out kinect isnt gonna change it that much. MS needs to come out swinging with exclusive games, without them, they will not come close



I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Nicklesbe said:
DonFerrari said:
The best part of this is a guy that have enrolled in the site for 4 days is sure it's more accurate than NPD and everybody is giving ears to him.


In order to give him ears one must first take him seriously. It's been established from post one that he is obviously a troll. No harm in getting amusment while practicing debate skills. Unless you think there is?

I fear that this person was originally 100% sure in what they posted, but after seeing it get taken apart by every single person over 200 posts he is now using things like "#rekt" rather than trying to come back with serious replies, I forsee the OP taking the coward way out of "haha you guis I was just pretending to be retarded" rather than ever admit what he believed in was a fabrication of hope and estimated numbers.

But yeah... definately wasn't trolling to begin with since he would have not edited his posts to remove that glorious "globally in the USA" comment which I must say actually made me laugh so hard I woke someone up who is 3 rooms away from where my PC is, so Kudos on that.

This thread is amazing.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Rafux said:
TheDrill said:
What you guys still fail to realize that X1 sold only ~90 % less than the PS4 even with a bad reputation, higher price and all that.

The difference is so insignificant that a price cut can make X1 overtake the PS4 in a few months.

It's not like in Europe where PS4 sold 2 times more than Xbox, it's really close.


What you fail to realize is that you can already find an X1  at $450 with Titanfall and Kinect, also Xbox was the big winner last gen in USA so they lost massive market to Sony this gen right out of the gate Kinectless X1 will help no doubt but it won't push it ahead just look at last months numbers: PS4 is ahead with 85K.

How much can Kinectless X1 close the gap?


http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522.htm

Over here in Ireland you can get that 469 euros Xbox1 with titanfall + they're now offering another game too with it for free if you check the special offer area of what I linked.

For reference 469euros is also the price of the X1 without any games bundled so it is being offered right now with kinect and 120 euros worth of games and it's still not flying off shelves.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

TheDrill said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
TheDrill said:

I assure you I am very educated, I have a Masters degree in computer science, I am more educated and intelligent than most people on these forums.

NPD just publishes numbers, Microsoft doesn't know how many units they sold, just shipped, so they just took NPD's numbers, and published them on the xbox site, of course NPD numbers are highly inaccurate as VGChartz show.

Education is pointless if you can't use basic reasoning skills.

NPD's tracking is more accurate than VGC. which is why VGC adjusts to NPD. Its literally that simple.

The fact that the numbers were published on the official Xbox Website, is that the accepted them as true. Hell, if VGChartz was more accurate, why would MS use NPD's numbers over VGC's?

Your logic is flawed, being used on the official Xbox Website does not prove accurracy.

That's like claiming that if a false statement is made on TV or shown in a newspaper, it proves it's validity.

For centuries and even now people believed false things, and as science advances they are shown that way.

In a few months It will be shown that I was right, and you are all blind.


It really wouldn't make your arguments or reasoning correct tho, like the people who wear signs which say "the end is nigh" if the world was to suddenly explode would they have served a good life? would it have been by some inside information which made them think they should wear such a sign while sitting asleep on the side of the street?

What this thread boils down to right now is you thinking that if the Xbox 1 was to start selling fast in the US you would have been right, because you looked at some estimated numbers and looked at your computer science degree and added those 2 things together to generate some rock solid numbers of the X1 winning in sales globally in the USA lol it would sort of be like trying to get out a spread sheet full of random numbers and claim that using those numbers you could guarentee that if you flicked a coin you could predict it would be heads.... flicking the coin would make you feel warm and fuzzy inside 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time you would be going back to your spread sheet to alter some numbers.... but there would be no link in reality to your prediction and what was happening.

As for you asking for links to VGchartz numbers being estimated.

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-vgchartz-isn-t-considered-reliable

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/736371/how-accurate-is-vgchartz?post_id=11100631

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/how-does-vgchartz-come-up-with-their-numbers-read--26035683/

Here in fact is a link to Brett in 2007 talking about where the numbers come from and their accuracy(he is the sites creator btw)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/629/where-do-vg-chartz-north-american-numbers-come-from/

and finally here is a link to keep you amused, you should find hours of fun here for yourself!

http://bit.ly/rLZOa7



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ganoncrotch said:

I fear that this person was originally 100% sure in what they posted, but after seeing it get taken apart by every single person over 200 posts he is now using things like "#rekt" rather than trying to come back with serious replies, I forsee the OP taking the coward way out of "haha you guis I was just pretending to be retarded" rather than ever admit what he believed in was a fabrication of hope and estimated numbers.

But yeah... definately wasn't trolling to begin with since he would have not edited his posts to remove that glorious "globally in the USA" comment which I must say actually made me laugh so hard I woke someone up who is 3 rooms away from where my PC is, so Kudos on that.

This thread is amazing.

Saved me writing a whole comment. Why would he edit out his globally comment if it was intended as trolling? My opinion is he realised how stupid he was, tried to cover it up and is now acting like a troll to try and cover up his idiocy. Too bad, I have you worked out and I'm thinking about what sort of merchandise I can publish "Globally In The USA" text on.

If I sell it on here, will probably outsell X1... globally. In the USA.



gcah2006 said:
ganoncrotch said:

I fear that this person was originally 100% sure in what they posted, but after seeing it get taken apart by every single person over 200 posts he is now using things like "#rekt" rather than trying to come back with serious replies, I forsee the OP taking the coward way out of "haha you guis I was just pretending to be retarded" rather than ever admit what he believed in was a fabrication of hope and estimated numbers.

But yeah... definately wasn't trolling to begin with since he would have not edited his posts to remove that glorious "globally in the USA" comment which I must say actually made me laugh so hard I woke someone up who is 3 rooms away from where my PC is, so Kudos on that.

This thread is amazing.

Saved me writing a whole comment. Why would he edit out his globally comment if it was intended as trolling? My opinion is he realised how stupid he was, tried to cover it up and is now acting like a troll to try and cover up his idiocy. Too bad, I have you worked out and I'm thinking about what sort of merchandise I can publish "Globally In The USA" text on.

If I sell it on here, will probably outsell X1... globally. In the USA.


Best bet would be a globe, with just the US filling the whole thing.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ganoncrotch said:
gcah2006 said:
ganoncrotch said:

I fear that this person was originally 100% sure in what they posted, but after seeing it get taken apart by every single person over 200 posts he is now using things like "#rekt" rather than trying to come back with serious replies, I forsee the OP taking the coward way out of "haha you guis I was just pretending to be retarded" rather than ever admit what he believed in was a fabrication of hope and estimated numbers.

But yeah... definately wasn't trolling to begin with since he would have not edited his posts to remove that glorious "globally in the USA" comment which I must say actually made me laugh so hard I woke someone up who is 3 rooms away from where my PC is, so Kudos on that.

This thread is amazing.

Saved me writing a whole comment. Why would he edit out his globally comment if it was intended as trolling? My opinion is he realised how stupid he was, tried to cover it up and is now acting like a troll to try and cover up his idiocy. Too bad, I have you worked out and I'm thinking about what sort of merchandise I can publish "Globally In The USA" text on.

If I sell it on here, will probably outsell X1... globally. In the USA.


Best bet would be a globe, with just the US filling the whole thing.

Maybe he is like some of those old politicians that think USA is the world and everything else doesn't matter.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994