Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

ryuzaki57 said:

Chandler said:

[1] This is not a Wii U thread and that statement doesn't hold true for the 3DS at all, so what's your point?

[2] Ah, yes, the infamous digital sales, such hard facts. Tales from the ass.

[3] We'll see about that in a month.

(1) It seems to be Nintendo's general policy so...

(2) Do you think I say things without proof? Look at this http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/store/sp/131227storerank2013/?ref=rss

Vahalla Knights 3 sold 20K digitally at launch and it's 10th, so the top games are in the tens of thousands.

And by the way, sales weren't my point : it's margin.

(3) Srly, the January 2013 direct was an emergency direct to prevent total collapse of WiiU sales (which it didn't), there is no guarantee of any direct if this importance this year

[1] Now you are just going full retard. Lalalala I can't hear you and so on. You did not only not adress my point at at all, you are straight up pulling more tales out of your ass.

[2] Oh shit it's a ranking, thats a lot of hard facts to prove your point....not. Even if this unsourced number of Valhalla Knights 3 holds true (I actually wanted to buy it in the recent sale, but what a shitty game this is) all that can be said is that the other 9 entries sold 20,001 units and so one. I'm pretty sure Animal Crossings 700k digital sales in Japan by february 2013 alone smoke the whole top ten on the Vita.

[3] It's a fact that a lot of Nintendos releases last year like ALbW, Donkey Kong, Dream Team and Pokemon have been announced AND released last year while all of Sonys "big guns" for 2012 have been announced in 2011. I'm willing to take on any bet that Nintendo has more yet unanounced exclusive games for 2014 than Sony does.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan



Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

More complete lists of release dates here and here. Hamatora: Look at Smoking World announced for 3DS, releases in summer 2014 in Japan .



Chandler said:

[2] Oh shit it's a ranking, thats a lot of hard facts to prove your point....not. Even if this unsourced number of Valhalla Knights 3 holds true (I actually wanted to buy it in the recent sale, but what a shitty game this is) all that can be said is that the other 9 entries sold 20,001 units and so one. I'm pretty sure Animal Crossings 700k digital sales in Japan by february 2013 alone smoke the whole top ten on the Vita.

Pretty sure animal crossing isn't a 3rd party game



ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:

[2] Oh shit it's a ranking, thats a lot of hard facts to prove your point....not. Even if this unsourced number of Valhalla Knights 3 holds true (I actually wanted to buy it in the recent sale, but what a shitty game this is) all that can be said is that the other 9 entries sold 20,001 units and so one. I'm pretty sure Animal Crossings 700k digital sales in Japan by february 2013 alone smoke the whole top ten on the Vita.

Pretty sure animal crossing isn't a 3rd party game


Pretty sure there would be first party games in PS Vitas list if Sony actually bothered to release games on their own platform.



Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I sure hope Monster Hunter 4 and Dragon Quest VII get localized! I don't think it's less likely though, Monster Hunter 4 has good chances of getting a localization next year!



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

At this point it's pretty hard to argue that third parties aren't biased against Nintendo.

On one side you have Nintendo who established a large userbase with several first party titles that sold more than one million copies in Japan alone, coupled with third party games that also crossed the million mark (Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest) and plenty of third party titles that moved between 100-500k copies in Japan alone.

On the other side you have Sony who almost left their system to die and hardly any third party titles that crossed the 100k units mark. But apparently that was enough to make Japanese third parties favor the Sony handheld. Nevermind that on a global scale it makes even more sense to develop for the 3DS.

Regardless, I don't doubt for a single second that there will be people who will pass off all those Vita "hits" that sold between 50-100k as a better incentive for third party development than all those 3DS games that moved between 100-200k units.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

SnowPrince said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Vita is pretty much a discontinued platform and software sells close to nothing on it. The games who have sold more than 500 000 on Vita must be counted with less than one hand.

To the contrary, the 3DS has a virtual monopoly now on handled sales. Like the last MC report showed, 30 games in the top 30 were 3DS games, and 3 only were on Vita.

Even the struggling Wii U and the dead PS placed more titles.

Vita is finished in 2014.

Vita: Don't hate on me, you know mah swag but not mah story.

Vita is getting some awesome games from Japan, I hope they localize em for later 2014 as Shin Gundam Musou, Battle Pentagram, Disgaea 4.

And you forgot to mention DBZ: Battle of Z even if no one is actually interested in that game.


Where are these flurries? All I see is D rated games with very low sale potential. Battle Pentagram? Are you even serious?

The big games are on 3DS, the cheap clones and D rated games are on Vita and don't sell.

 

30 3DS games in the top 50, 3 Vita games... It's telling enough.



Didn't Batman Blackgate, Conception II and a few of the other 3DS/Vita multi platform releases sell better on Vita than 3DS in 2013? Not that there have been many cross format titles released.

But with 3rd party sales of smaller titles so low on 3DS. Vita does actually look like the better punt for more niche releases. Especially thanks to much less competition from big guns.

3DS hardware also constricts development a lot more which if software sales of smaller titles are going to be roughly similar regardless of format means smaller developers probably find Vita a more exciting development prospect anyway.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Lucas-Rio said:
Vita is pretty much a discontinued platform and software sells close to nothing on it. The games who have sold more than 500 000 on Vita must be counted with less than one hand.

To the contrary, the 3DS has a virtual monopoly now on handled sales. Like the last MC report showed, 30 games in the top 30 were 3DS games, and 3 only were on Vita.

Even the struggling Wii U and the dead PS placed more titles.

Vita is finished in 2014.

That makes sense



What is this list based on? I feel like it is missing quite a lot. Especially in the indies section.
-Cosmic Star Heroine
-Counter Spy
-Dead Nation Vita
-Fez
-Minecraft
-Possibly Mighty #9.

And full titles like Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, MLB 14:The Show, Natural Doctrine.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159298&page=1



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)