Well, I'm at work for about three more hours. In the meantime, I gots questions:
1. What happens to my friend code? Is it still a thing?
2. Do all of my 3DS friends (all 97 of them) transfer over?
3. What if some of them haven't updated?
4. Do I need to re-enter my credit card, e-mail, etc?
5. I'm still part of the Deluxe Digital promotion. Do 3DS eShop sales count towards Wii U?
6. Does every game have its own community or just a chosen few?
7. Is it fast and smooth or is it laggy?
8. Why can't Metroid crawl?
9. Can I view 3DS communities/pics on a Wii U and vice versa?
Thanks in advance!
I can answer 7. On my 3ds it was kind of laggy, there was a lag time between my presses and the response that it was loading the page. Additionally some pages take a bit to indicate that it's trying to load another page. It's usable but It's definitely not comparable to the Wii U version as far as smootheness and speed goes.
Shakarak on Nintendo Switch, Steam.