By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: WW Hardware Bundle Incoming?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634861

Not sure how reliable this source is, but I can see it.

Wii U (32GB) w/Nintendo Land + Zelda: WW for $299.99 this holiday (white or black) would be my prediction. If its $269.99-$279.99, all the better.

Makes sense because Zelda: WW likely cost Nintendo very little to up-port to HD resolution with some gamepad functionality, but it adds a good amount of value to the overall Wii U package and Nintendo Land can stay because it demos the Wii U game pad properly.

And it doesn't interfere with sales of other games .... I think Nintendo still wants to squeeze standalone sales for NSMBU for example, the sales that its sitting at now isn't good enough and if NSMBU is bundled it may dissuade some people from buying Mario 3D World for instance.

$199.99 12GB PS3 I can see happening too.



Around the Network

Bundle two games with the 32GB for 299 would be a pretty good bundle. That is dropping the price by 50 and adding WW.



I'd buy it.



Great deal, but has Nintendo ever bundled a zelda game with a system besides OoT? I only remember the gold system.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Noes, this has to be fake! I refuse to believe Nintendo would be fool enough to not release them Pokemon XLs over here.



Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Great deal, but has Nintendo ever bundled a zelda game with a system besides OoT? I only remember the gold system.


You could get the GameCube with the Zelda compilation disc bundled I think back in the day.



It would be a wise move



Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Great deal, but has Nintendo ever bundled a zelda game with a system besides OoT? I only remember the gold system.


You could get the GameCube with the Zelda compilation disc bundled I think back in the day.

Yeah that one was bonus to the Mario Kart Double Dash bundle if I remember correctly. I got it from Club Nintendo in any case.

Besides that one, I know there was a GameCube/Wind Waker bundle at least here in Europe, because my cousin got that one. It also included Ocarina of Time & Master Quest as bonus. Lastly, The Minish Cap was shortly bundled with the GBA SP and I think either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks was shortly bundled with the DS but I'm not sure. spurge is correct in the N64/Ocarina of Time bundle though, that existed too.

All in all I'd say it's plausible, but I hope it won't be a Special Edition because I don't want to miss out again .



That would be prett cool, but I'm still not buying a Wii U. :(



 Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

S.Peelman said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Great deal, but has Nintendo ever bundled a zelda game with a system besides OoT? I only remember the gold system.


You could get the GameCube with the Zelda compilation disc bundled I think back in the day.

Yeah that one was bonus to the Mario Kart Double Dash bundle if I remember correctly. I got it from Club Nintendo in any case.

Besides that one, I know there was a GameCube/Wind Waker bundle at least here in Europe, because my cousin got that one. It also included Ocarina of Time & Master Quest as bonus. Lastly, The Minish Cap was shortly bundled with the GBA SP and I think either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks was shortly bundled with the DS but I'm not sure. spurge is correct in the N64/Ocarina of Time bundle though, that existed too.

All in all I'd say it's plausible, but I hope it won't be a Special Edition because I don't want to miss out again .


Europe indeed got a Wind Waker bundle:

 

North America got a free Zelda Collection disc with a GameCube for $99.99 in November of 2003: