I love online multiplayer. It lets me play with my buddies in New York, in Florida, all over the world.
But I have a weakness for local multiplayer. Playing with friends in the same room is so much more fun and alive. That's one of the reasons I love Nintendo's gaming philosophy.
Anyway, back to the point: after this most recent Nintendo Direct, it looks like Wii U is on the fast track to becoming one of the best (if not THE best) local multiplayer consoles ever.
- New Super Mario Bros. U (four players)
- Mario Kart 8 (four players)
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U (four players)
- The Wonderful 101 (five players)
- Super Mario 3D World (four players)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (five players)
- Donkey Kong Country: Jungle Freeze (two players)
- Nintendo Land (five players)
Plus more to come.
What do you think?