Forums - General Discussion - CNN is racist and sexist

People usually vote for who they identify with.  Lets face it, African Americans and woman have had it rough in the past, so they will naturally identify with each other.  When American society is no longer racist or sexist by nature then very few people will care about the race or gender of candidates because there will have already been such candidates in the past and they will no longer feel oppressed. 
.
I see Obama's success as a good thing because a lot of young urban children dont really have anybody to look up to (other than rappers, gangsters, etc.).  Every president has been white and almost all of the rich people on tv are white, so could you imagine how having a black president would change the views of race in America for the better?
.

Ickalanda said:

Voters ... probably shouldn't be voting.

I removed the context fillers from your sentence and got this.  Its not exactly what you meant, but it vaguely highlights a view you have, perhaps one you are unconscious of.  Its a dangerous road you walk when you say that your views are better than other people's views...



America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network
ManusJustusNardus said:
People usually vote for who they identify with. Lets face it, African Americans and woman have had it rough in the past, so they will naturally identify with each other. When American society is no longer racist or sexist by nature then very few people will care about the race or gender of candidates because there will have already been such candidates in the past and they will no longer feel oppressed.
.
I see Obama's success as a good thing because a lot of young urban children dont really have anybody to look up to (other than rappers, gangsters, etc.). Every president has been white and almost all of the rich people on tv are white, so could you imagine how having a black president would change the views of race in America for the better?
.

Ickalanda said:

Voters ... probably shouldn't be voting.

I removed the context fillers from your sentence and got this. Its not exactly what you meant, but it vaguely highlights a view you have, perhaps one you are unconscious of. Its a dangerous road you walk when you say that your views are better than other people's views...


I'm not saying my views are better than other people's views nor did I ever say I should be voting either, I'm just saying a lot of people don't vote based on actual issues but things like appearance and if their funny or whatever their parents tell them to vote for.  Voters are often highly uninformed on many things and I said we have the right to vote which is why we can, its just a lot of us aren't exactly the best people to turn to to decide the leadership of the country.

Who the president is though honestly doesn't really affect much.  Luckily both major political parties here are very close on the political spectrum so not much disruption goes on.



PC Gamer

I don't watch CNN, too biased. Of all the networks, the liberals have taken CNN over the most. Its like Robert Byrd and all the racist democrats are on there, and they say this on MLK day.

Just block CNN and watch Fox or some other unbiased news.



Nintendo fan, though i also like the PS1-era Sony

Sales Predictions (+-.5mil) at end of fiscal 2007

Wii- 23 million- Brawl will hopefully make it higher.
360-20 million- GTA IV's release date will be a big factor
PS3- 12 million- Same as 360, MGS4 also big factor

 

 

Lite_DSaddict21 said:

Just block CNN and watch Fox or some other unbiased news.

HAHA.  Are you joking?  For your sake I hope you are.



America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Lite_DSaddict21 said:
I don't watch CNN, too biased. Of all the networks, the liberals have taken CNN over the most. Its like Robert Byrd and all the racist democrats are on there, and they say this on MLK day.

Just block CNN and watch Fox or some other unbiased news.

 You're right y'know. Fox is always good for a laugh.

 Anybody else remember that feature they did on Anon?

"Internet hate machine"

"Hackers on steroids"

"lulz is a corruption of L O L" 

 My god, I laughed everytime I thought of that clip for weeks afterwards.



Around the Network
ManusJustusNardus said:
Lite_DSaddict21 said:

Just block CNN and watch Fox or some other unbiased news.

HAHA. Are you joking? For your sake I hope you are.


 HAHA, looking at your sig i hope you are joking.



That's not racist and sexist, that's the truth

1) people usually like things that look alike to themselves(height, weight, skin color, hairstyle)
2) they believes that a president with the same race/gender will understand their needs more



I don't think it's just CNN that makes these assumptions I mean in general black women in America get treated as a third class citizens they don't even get to be second class.....




I don't care if you are purple. I will vote for the person who does not have ties to oil, big business or religion. Is there anyone left?



So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

ManusJustusNardus said:
Lite_DSaddict21 said:

Just block CNN and watch Fox or some other unbiased news.

HAHA.  Are you joking?  For your sake I hope you are.


I'd take Fox News over CNN any day. Any day.