Forums - Politics Discussion - Election time, who did you vote for?

Which presidential candidate will you vote for?

Barack Obama 356 55.97%
 
Mitt Romney 137 21.54%
 
Gary Johnson 38 5.97%
 
Jill Stein 15 2.36%
 
Somebody else 87 13.68%
 
Total:633
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
I'll vote for Mitt Romny. So that America will become a powerful empire and a strong force for good in the world again.


Are you being facetious?

No, not at all. I'm a conservative and I love America.



Around the Network
gergroy said:
Kasz216 said:
Well I was going to vote for Either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson... and as it's been pointed out to me. Jill Stein isn't on the ballot in my state.

So....


Lol, that sucks, what state are you in?  Is there a write in option?

I kind of like Jill stein, if she had a legitimate chance I might vote for her.  However, I tend to think of voting third party the same way as abstaining my vote.

With these two candidates i'd rather abstain my vote.  However I think going through the trouble of going to vote is better then just sitting at home.



sales2099 said:
Over here in Canada, people seem to still like Obama and see Mitt as a guy who doesnt understand the common man.

Most of the rest of the planet (barring Israel and other less-than-legitimate Middle East figures and some factory owners in China) are backing Obama on this one.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Slimebeast said:
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
I'll vote for Mitt Romny. So that America will become a powerful empire and a strong force for good in the world again.


Are you being facetious?

No, not at all. I'm a conservative and I love America.

I still can't tell if you're being facetious.  You don't think right now we're already a powerful global empire?



 

I'm not voting.



Currently own:

 

  • Ps4

 

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
I'll vote for Mitt Romny. So that America will become a powerful empire and a strong force for good in the world again.


Are you being facetious?

No, not at all. I'm a conservative and I love America.

I still can't tell if you're being facetious.  You don't think right now we're already a powerful global empire?

No, Im not facetious.

Yes, America absolutely is powerful! But Obama is too weak in his foreign policies. He's a bad negotiator, giving away American interests for free without getting something in return, not even much respect. America needs to be tougher against rogue states, tougher against Russia and China and against corrupt institutions such as the UN. And America needs to take back the global initiative, to become pro-active again in international conflicts.



Slimebeast said:
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
sperrico87 said:
Slimebeast said:
I'll vote for Mitt Romny. So that America will become a powerful empire and a strong force for good in the world again.


Are you being facetious?

No, not at all. I'm a conservative and I love America.

I still can't tell if you're being facetious.  You don't think right now we're already a powerful global empire?

No, Im not facetious.

Yes, America absolutely is powerful! But Obama is too weak in his foreign policies. He's a bad negotiator, giving away American interests for free without getting something in return, not even much respect. America needs to be tougher against rogue states, tougher against Russia and China and against corrupt institutions such as the UN. And America needs to take back the global initiative, to become pro-active again in international conflicts.

We spend more money in our Defense budget now than at any time under GWB. You want us to spend even more?  We have enough weapons to blow up the world like 30 times over, more than all other nations combined.  I'm no fan of Obama, believe me, but I really don't see how Romney and Obama's foreign policy is any different in the ways that matter.  They both support intervention in the internal affairs of other nations, they both support foreign aid, they both support staying in Afghanistan indefinitely, taking orders from the military instead of actually being the Commander in Chief and making a real decision.



 

I honestly feel like Obama had no right being in the office in the first place. He was even more obtuse with his plan four years ago than Romney is now. He was too inexperienced. And people bought into his charisma more than anything else he had to offer. I did not vote last time though because I wasn't too sure about McCain. I wanted Ron Paul this and last election...

That being said, Obama's term went the way I expected it to. It got the best of him and he pretty much admits it when he points to Bush. He really had unreasonable expectations of what he could achieve along with too self confident that he would be able to do them.

That being said I think we need a change in the white house. However, I'm voting in Illinois so not like my vote counts. I'm writing in Ron Paul



I'm probably voting for Peer Steinbrück.



Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

 Obama because he's a hardcore rapper!  Check it out    http://youtu.be/wtsz_lw6qSk