Forums - Movies Discussion - Dark Knight Rises vs Dark Knight?

Which film did you like better?

Dark Knight Rises 30 31.58%
 
Dark Knight 43 45.26%
 
Tie 6 6.32%
 
See the Results 13 13.68%
 
Total:92

The Dark Knight by a wide margin, the Avenges was nothing more than a good summer pop corn flick, I seriously can't remember a god damn thing that happened in that movie that wasn't an action sequence.....



Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Mandalore76 said:
darkknightkryta said:
SnakeDrake said:
Avengers was fun and to me the best comic book movie ever made , but The Dark Knight Rises gose above that by dragging you into the moment and never letting go from the begin to the credits.

I couldn't put it better myself.  Avengers was a simple, go fight bad guys movie with fancy effects.  Very entertaining.  Dark Knight Rises was something a bit more.  It wasn't just about fighting the bad guys and saving the day.  Dark Knight Rises can't compete in terms of action sequences, cause realistically speaking, not much can compete with a god of thunder and green giant kicking ass.  But what Dark Knight Rises does do, is give you something a bit more thought provoking, what will this one man do to save his city?  Is giving his life the most important thing?  Can't say Avengers does any of that.

So, you are telling me that Captain America wouldn't have given his life to save Manhattan?  Or Iron Man personally delivering the nuclear warhead through the portal didn't show himself willing to give his life for his city?  Did you even watch the Avengers? 

Yes and in all of Avengers that only moment came with Stark right at the end.  There was more of a break down with Batman in this movie, the Avenger's break down was a bit more comical.

Again, you completely bypass a major subplot in the Avengers in that all of the tension between Iron Man and Captain America stemmed from the question of whether or not Tony Stark would "lay down on a wire and let the next guy crawl over him."  Of course it's at the end, because everything leads up to him realizing that he would and should make that ultimate sacrifice for the greater good.  The Avengers was a great movie from start to finish that I could, and have watched multiple times.  Yes, it had comedy, but it also had shocking moments like when "Phil" the SHIELD agent got killed by Loki, great action sequences, and deeply moving scenes like Captain America getting blown out into the street rescuing dozens of civillians from a bomb and later getting peeled off the asphalt by Thor to take on the next wave of aliens despite already being pushed to the limits of human endurance and physical exhaustion even for someone injected with Super Soldier Serum. 

There isn't a single scene in the Avengers that I would take out.  I can't say the same thing about The Dark Knight Rises.  After the airplane hijacking, NOTHING happened for an entire hour!  Even people who LOVED the movie have told me that you could edit out 45 minutes to an hour of the film and they wouldn't miss it.  People I spoke to who loved the film have admitted to me that vast portions of the movie dragged on for far longer than they should have.  You can't call a movie "one of the greatest of all-time" if you are also admitting that an entire hour of it was completely unncessary!  The film had too many plot holes.  And the second fight sequence between Batman and Bane was a complete and total anti-climax.  Bane takes a single punch to the face and his mask/respirator breaks... fight over.  So, was Batman too dumb to punch his nemesis in the respirator during the first fight when even an ordinary federal agent asked Bane if he needed the mask to live just 2 minutes into the film?  Was Bane, instead of an uber-villain, merely the Glass Joe of the Dark Knight saga?  "His jaw was filled with so much glass, he could have been a chandelier."  (10 points if you recognize the quote)   In my opinion, Dark Knight Rises does not remotely compare to the Dark Knight, which I thought was a phenomenal film.  I could watch Dark Knight multiple times.  Dark Knight Rises I put more on the level of Batman Begins.  An average movie, but certainly not the masterpiece I hear so many people hailing it as. 

I don't hate Batman.  I just don't blindly fawn over anything he is in and degrade other superhero movies to myself feel better about it.  I loved the 1989 Batman, but hated the later 90's Batman films.  I loved The Dark Knight, but just couldn't get into Dark Knight Rises.  Just like I enjoyed X-Men, loved X-Men 2, absolutely HATED X-Men 3 The Last Stand, and then loved X-Men First Class.  I liked Spiderman 1 and 2, didn't care for Spiderman 3, but then really enjoyed this year's Spiderman.  I just really don't see what was so gripping or compelling about Dark Knight Rises that anyone could place it on their "greatest movies of all-time" list.  But, to each his own.  I just don't see what the point of trashing Avengers is when clearly enough people enjoyed it to gross it a billion and a half dollars.  (not that what a movie grosses is any indication of how good it is.  I saw Avatar once and had no desire to ever sit through it's unoriginal "Dances with Wolves"-in space- storyline again)



Mandalore76 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Mandalore76 said:
darkknightkryta said:
SnakeDrake said:
Avengers was fun and to me the best comic book movie ever made , but The Dark Knight Rises gose above that by dragging you into the moment and never letting go from the begin to the credits.

I couldn't put it better myself.  Avengers was a simple, go fight bad guys movie with fancy effects.  Very entertaining.  Dark Knight Rises was something a bit more.  It wasn't just about fighting the bad guys and saving the day.  Dark Knight Rises can't compete in terms of action sequences, cause realistically speaking, not much can compete with a god of thunder and green giant kicking ass.  But what Dark Knight Rises does do, is give you something a bit more thought provoking, what will this one man do to save his city?  Is giving his life the most important thing?  Can't say Avengers does any of that.

So, you are telling me that Captain America wouldn't have given his life to save Manhattan?  Or Iron Man personally delivering the nuclear warhead through the portal didn't show himself willing to give his life for his city?  Did you even watch the Avengers? 

Yes and in all of Avengers that only moment came with Stark right at the end.  There was more of a break down with Batman in this movie, the Avenger's break down was a bit more comical.

Again, you completely bypass a major subplot in the Avengers in that all of the tension between Iron Man and Captain America stemmed from the question of whether or not Tony Stark would "lay down on a wire and let the next guy crawl over him."  Of course it's at the end, because everything leads up to him realizing that he would and should make that ultimate sacrifice for the greater good.  The Avengers was a great movie from start to finish that I could, and have watched multiple times.  Yes, it had comedy, but it also had shocking moments like when "Phil" the SHIELD agent got killed by Loki, great action sequences, and deeply moving scenes like Captain America getting blown out into the street rescuing dozens of civillians from a bomb and later getting peeled off the asphalt by Thor to take on the next wave of aliens despite already being pushed to the limits of human endurance and physical exhaustion even for someone injected with Super Soldier Serum. 

There isn't a single scene in the Avengers that I would take out.  I can't say the same thing about The Dark Knight Rises.  After the airplane hijacking, NOTHING happened for an entire hour!  Even people who LOVED the movie have told me that you could edit out 45 minutes to an hour of the film and they wouldn't miss it.  People I spoke to who loved the film have admitted to me that vast portions of the movie dragged on for far longer than they should have.  You can't call a movie "one of the greatest of all-time" if you are also admitting that an entire hour of it was completely unncessary!  The film had too many plot holes.  And the second fight sequence between Batman and Bane was a complete and total anti-climax.  Bane takes a single punch to the face and his mask/respirator breaks... fight over.  So, was Batman too dumb to punch his nemesis in the respirator during the first fight when even an ordinary federal agent asked Bane if he needed the mask to live just 2 minutes into the film?  Was Bane, instead of an uber-villain, merely the Glass Joe of the Dark Knight saga?  "His jaw was filled with so much glass, he could have been a chandelier."  (10 points if you recognize the quote)   In my opinion, Dark Knight Rises does not remotely compare to the Dark Knight, which I thought was a phenomenal film.  I could watch Dark Knight multiple times.  Dark Knight Rises I put more on the level of Batman Begins.  An average movie, but certainly not the masterpiece I hear so many people hailing it as. 

I don't hate Batman.  I just don't blindly fawn over anything he is in and degrade other superhero movies to myself feel better about it.  I loved the 1989 Batman, but hated the later 90's Batman films.  I loved The Dark Knight, but just couldn't get into Dark Knight Rises.  Just like I enjoyed X-Men, loved X-Men 2, absolutely HATED X-Men 3 The Last Stand, and then loved X-Men First Class.  I liked Spiderman 1 and 2, didn't care for Spiderman 3, but then really enjoyed this year's Spiderman.  I just really don't see what was so gripping or compelling about Dark Knight Rises that anyone could place it on their "greatest movies of all-time" list.  But, to each his own.  I just don't see what the point of trashing Avengers is when clearly enough people enjoyed it to gross it a billion and a half dollars.  (not that what a movie grosses is any indication of how good it is.  I saw Avatar once and had no desire to ever sit through it's unoriginal "Dances with Wolves"-in space- storyline again)

1.  Learn to "cut" stuff out of your paragraphs, that wall of text, ain't doing any of us any good.

2.  Half of Avengers was them fighting amongst themselves for the sake of fighting amongst themselves, very little of that progressed the plot; which was Loki getting his army.

3.  Lots happened after the plane hijacking, plot point 1: Bruce becomes poor.  Plot  point 2: Batman loses to Bane.  Plot  point 3: Gotham falls into chaos while evil "rises".  Plot point 4: Batman comes back and "rises" from his defeat.  Plot point 5:  "Batman's kicking some serious ass down there".  Plot 6: Bruce "sacrifices" himself to turn "Batman" into something more than just a man, turn Batman into a "legend", which comes back full circle to Batman Begins.



darkknightkryta said:
Mandalore76 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Mandalore76 said:
darkknightkryta said:
SnakeDrake said:
Avengers was fun and to me the best comic book movie ever made , but The Dark Knight Rises gose above that by dragging you into the moment and never letting go from the begin to the credits.

I couldn't put it better myself.  Avengers was a simple, go fight bad guys movie with fancy effects.  Very entertaining.  Dark Knight Rises was something a bit more.  It wasn't just about fighting the bad guys and saving the day.  Dark Knight Rises can't compete in terms of action sequences, cause realistically speaking, not much can compete with a god of thunder and green giant kicking ass.  But what Dark Knight Rises does do, is give you something a bit more thought provoking, what will this one man do to save his city?  Is giving his life the most important thing?  Can't say Avengers does any of that.

So, you are telling me that Captain America wouldn't have given his life to save Manhattan?  Or Iron Man personally delivering the nuclear warhead through the portal didn't show himself willing to give his life for his city?  Did you even watch the Avengers? 

Yes and in all of Avengers that only moment came with Stark right at the end.  There was more of a break down with Batman in this movie, the Avenger's break down was a bit more comical.

Again, you completely bypass a major subplot in the Avengers in that all of the tension between Iron Man and Captain America stemmed from the question of whether or not Tony Stark would "lay down on a wire and let the next guy crawl over him."  Of course it's at the end, because everything leads up to him realizing that he would and should make that ultimate sacrifice for the greater good.  The Avengers was a great movie from start to finish that I could, and have watched multiple times.  Yes, it had comedy, but it also had shocking moments like when "Phil" the SHIELD agent got killed by Loki, great action sequences, and deeply moving scenes like Captain America getting blown out into the street rescuing dozens of civillians from a bomb and later getting peeled off the asphalt by Thor to take on the next wave of aliens despite already being pushed to the limits of human endurance and physical exhaustion even for someone injected with Super Soldier Serum. 

There isn't a single scene in the Avengers that I would take out.  I can't say the same thing about The Dark Knight Rises.  After the airplane hijacking, NOTHING happened for an entire hour!  Even people who LOVED the movie have told me that you could edit out 45 minutes to an hour of the film and they wouldn't miss it.  People I spoke to who loved the film have admitted to me that vast portions of the movie dragged on for far longer than they should have.  You can't call a movie "one of the greatest of all-time" if you are also admitting that an entire hour of it was completely unncessary!  The film had too many plot holes.  And the second fight sequence between Batman and Bane was a complete and total anti-climax.  Bane takes a single punch to the face and his mask/respirator breaks... fight over.  So, was Batman too dumb to punch his nemesis in the respirator during the first fight when even an ordinary federal agent asked Bane if he needed the mask to live just 2 minutes into the film?  Was Bane, instead of an uber-villain, merely the Glass Joe of the Dark Knight saga?  "His jaw was filled with so much glass, he could have been a chandelier."  (10 points if you recognize the quote)   In my opinion, Dark Knight Rises does not remotely compare to the Dark Knight, which I thought was a phenomenal film.  I could watch Dark Knight multiple times.  Dark Knight Rises I put more on the level of Batman Begins.  An average movie, but certainly not the masterpiece I hear so many people hailing it as. 

I don't hate Batman.  I just don't blindly fawn over anything he is in and degrade other superhero movies to myself feel better about it.  I loved the 1989 Batman, but hated the later 90's Batman films.  I loved The Dark Knight, but just couldn't get into Dark Knight Rises.  Just like I enjoyed X-Men, loved X-Men 2, absolutely HATED X-Men 3 The Last Stand, and then loved X-Men First Class.  I liked Spiderman 1 and 2, didn't care for Spiderman 3, but then really enjoyed this year's Spiderman.  I just really don't see what was so gripping or compelling about Dark Knight Rises that anyone could place it on their "greatest movies of all-time" list.  But, to each his own.  I just don't see what the point of trashing Avengers is when clearly enough people enjoyed it to gross it a billion and a half dollars.  (not that what a movie grosses is any indication of how good it is.  I saw Avatar once and had no desire to ever sit through it's unoriginal "Dances with Wolves"-in space- storyline again)

1.  Learn to "cut" stuff out of your paragraphs, that wall of text, ain't doing any of us any good.

2.  Half of Avengers was them fighting amongst themselves for the sake of fighting amongst themselves, very little of that progressed the plot; which was Loki getting his army.

3.  Lots happened after the plane hijacking, plot point 1: Bruce becomes poor.  Plot  point 2: Batman loses to Bane.  Plot  point 3: Gotham falls into chaos while evil "rises".  Plot point 4: Batman comes back and "rises" from his defeat.  Plot point 5:  "Batman's kicking some serious ass down there".  Plot 6: Bruce "sacrifices" himself to turn "Batman" into something more than just a man, turn Batman into a "legend", which comes back full circle to Batman Begins.

Translation:  I am Batman fanboy that can't be convinced that anything is better than The Dark Knight Rises no matter how much logic and facts that you use.

There.  I just saved everybody a ton of time trying to convince the unconvincible.  Next up, Doritos!!!  



pezus said:
TDKR > Star Wars. That is the cold hard truth Darth





All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Darth Tigris said:

Translation:  I am Batman fanboy that can't be convinced that anything is better than The Dark Knight Rises no matter how much logic and facts that you use.

There.  I just saved everybody a ton of time trying to convince the unconvincible.  Next up, Doritos!!!  





All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NintendoPie said:
Just from the trailers I would say I liked Batman better.

Avenger's was fun but it reminded me of Transformer's in a way... there were a ton of explosions... America loved it... it made tons of profit.

Ouch... I sorta get your point, but saying that is very insulting to The Avengers. The Transformers movies are painful for me to watch. The acting is awful (which is as much to blame on the directing as the actors).

The characters in The Avengers don't make me want to murder them; in fact, I actually like them. They were fun to watch, and I was excited to see them finally work together at the end. Is The Avengers a great or deep movie? Nah. But what it does, it does really, really well. Transformers just sucks at everything; it even made me hate attractive women because they couldn't act! I kept hoping that all the characters in the movie would die so I could leave the theater without insulting my friends.

OT: I haven't yet seen TDKR, but I hope to this weekend.



not sure why you are arguing about comics when this is about movies,to me the watchmen direcotrs cut is a superb movie and highly enjoyable

people calling any of these 3 films garbage sound like idiots to me when its obvious they are not rubbish films compared to most movies we see



                                                                                                                                        Above & Beyond

   

As a Marvel fanboy my choice might be bias a little but that said, I enjoyed Avengers more even if the hack Whedon was involved.



Hmm, pie.

dsage01 said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
TDKR > Star Wars. That is the cold hard truth Darth


finally we agree

But you dind't like any of the two...so what do you like..Green Lantern?

What? What are you talking about?

I liked Batman I don´t like Star Wars.