Forums - Music Discussion - Album sales predictions for 2011-2012

man-bear-pig said:
Adeles sold 13 million but gaga only sold 5 million


You guys have to read the titles above each of the charts. I have many so you can get a clear picture of what is going on. There is world, America, and maybe even U.K.

 

But I think even with Christmas sales Adele should win. Lock



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

I am so unbelievably happy that Gaga wasn't #1. BTW sucked beyond compare (I hated her even with Fame/Monster, but I at least knew it was catchy).

Not sure what all comes out next year, really. I'm looking forward to a few new albums, but nothing that will likely chart more than a few times on the Billboard 200.



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Teo said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
releasing an album too often results in a loss in quality, like Rihanna and Lady Gaga

in my opinion, the only worthy song from Rihanna's new album is We Found Love, and her abum is already under Adele's this week, and in billboard too....

Lagy Gaga had some great songs in Born This Way, but no real ultra hit like she had in 2009/2010

on the other hand Adele relased 21, and for me, it's been since 2004 (Avril, Evanescence, Green Day etc.) to listen to such a powerful album


Born This Way released as a #1 breaking single week sales record for a female and the song went on to be #1 for 6 week straight on billboard. Making it her most sucsessful song relased to date. All the other singles have charted in the top selling year end chart on Billnoard. She is the only artist with 5 songs in the list. All her songs were hits in the club. People also forget that Gaga sells more WW then in the U.S. She is bigger everywhere else then in the U.S by the numbers. Adele only has 2 hit songs despite the huge album sales.

there's a diffrence between listening to an artist and listening to a song

if you want to listen to a song, you buy the single, if you want the artist you buy the album

big artists sell lots of albums, therefore Adele succeeded as an artist with her latest album, and while Gaga still succeeded (of course) the album did below her 1st album

Michael Jackson and Ketty Perry have the record for most number ones from a sinlge album, that doesn't mean Ketty Perry is as huge as Michael, for god's sake, Michael had huge album sales, people prefer to buy the album instead of the single

if people got Adeles album, it means they want to hear to more than 1 or 2 songs from the album



spurgeonryan said:
man-bear-pig said:
Adeles sold 13 million but gaga only sold 5 million


You guys have to read the titles above each of the charts. I have many so you can get a clear picture of what is going on. There is world, America, and maybe even U.K.

 

But I think even with Christmas sales Adele should win. Lock


Your united world chart year-to-date totals are completely out of date and wrong.



man-bear-pig said:
spurgeonryan said:
man-bear-pig said:
Adeles sold 13 million but gaga only sold 5 million


You guys have to read the titles above each of the charts. I have many so you can get a clear picture of what is going on. There is world, America, and maybe even U.K.

 

But I think even with Christmas sales Adele should win. Lock


Your united world chart year-to-date totals are completely out of date and wrong.

Really? Alright then I will take that off. Thanks for pointing that out. It seemed recent when I made it.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Teo said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
releasing an album too often results in a loss in quality, like Rihanna and Lady Gaga

in my opinion, the only worthy song from Rihanna's new album is We Found Love, and her abum is already under Adele's this week, and in billboard too....

Lagy Gaga had some great songs in Born This Way, but no real ultra hit like she had in 2009/2010

on the other hand Adele relased 21, and for me, it's been since 2004 (Avril, Evanescence, Green Day etc.) to listen to such a powerful album


Born This Way released as a #1 breaking single week sales record for a female and the song went on to be #1 for 6 week straight on billboard. Making it her most sucsessful song relased to date. All the other singles have charted in the top selling year end chart on Billnoard. She is the only artist with 5 songs in the list. All her songs were hits in the club. People also forget that Gaga sells more WW then in the U.S. She is bigger everywhere else then in the U.S by the numbers. Adele only has 2 hit songs despite the huge album sales.

there's a diffrence between listening to an artist and listening to a song

if you want to listen to a song, you buy the single, if you want the artist you buy the album

big artists sell lots of albums, therefore Adele succeeded as an artist with her latest album, and while Gaga still succeeded (of course) the album did below her 1st album

Michael Jackson and Ketty Perry have the record for most number ones from a sinlge album, that doesn't mean Ketty Perry is as huge as Michael, for god's sake, Michael had huge album sales, people prefer to buy the album instead of the single

if people got Adeles album, it means they want to hear to more than 1 or 2 songs from the album

Adele has sold 12+ million WW according to her record label and Lady Gaga has sold (2 million in U.S. - got its double platnuim last month) 8+ million WW according to interscope in November. They are the two top selling artist of the year, but when you add all the single sales, Lady Gaga remains the most downloaded artist of the year along with Rihanna not sure who comes on top since the numbers have not been released for this month but it looks like Rihanna will come out on top as the most downloaded of the year.

 

As for quality and what I am willing to play in the club,

The best album this year in my opinion are Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay and Ceremonials by Florence and the Machine.

In other categories: Watch the Throne for best Rap and Born this Way for best dance.

Best song - Adele's Someone Like You, best dance song On the Floor by J.Lo

 

Most annoying songs - Rolling in the Deep by Adele, E.T by Katy Perry, and both LMFAO big hits

 



Go Vinyl!



FaRmLaNd said:
Go Vinyl!


I love buying VHS tapes, and another thing that I like is Vinyl! The newer stuff is great on a record player, and I like to get folk and old movie soundtracks!

 

Who would have thought that it could come back?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

For 2012 i think Adele will keep on the top, and the awards like Brit and Grammy will give she a big boost. I'm not gonna be surprised if 21 sold 21 millions copies.

As for this year I found some interesting and good albums. I bought 3 that appear on the UWC Year End Chart, Avril Lavigne Goodbye Lullaby, Coldplay Mylo Xyloto, Foo Fighters Wasting Light, and Evanescence album too (but evanescence didn't make top 40 YEC).



gustavohenrique said:
For 2012 i think Adele will keep on the top, and the awards like Brit and Grammy will give she a big boost. I'm not gonna be surprised if 21 sold 21 millions copies.

As for this year I found some interesting and good albums. I bought 3 that appear on the UWC Year End Chart, Avril Lavigne Goodbye Lullaby, Coldplay Mylo Xyloto, Foo Fighters Wasting Light, and Evanescence album too (but evanescence didn't make top 40 YEC).


what did you think of the Coldplay album? i have enjoyed some of their past songs.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter