Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Classic Pachter Quote [NY TIMES]

marioblazer said:
I think michael patcher is leo-j in disguise. for some reason he dislikes nintendo.....

maybe has stocks in sony and microsoft
when you think about, that actually makes some sense

 



Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Around the Network
Played_Out said:
I hate myself for stoking the fire like this, but...

Just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. When the PSP was launched I predicted it would never sell at the level of the DS for one blindingly obvious reason: outside of Japan, hardly any adults would use a handheld gaming device.
Sure, we could all give anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the average age of handheld gamers is much lower than home console gamers.
Even though Nintendo has had some success capturing the 40+ market with the DS (and the wii), the overwhelming majority of players are small children. Why do you think the majority of games are really simple and usually based around colourful cartoon characters? How many adults do you think bought Nintendogs?

IN SUMMARY: Quit bashing Pachter. Like it or not, he's smarter than you are.

Are you serious? So the Touch! Generations branding hasn't had any effect. That's why my parents (who only have media and friends as influences, not me) bought Brain Training and a DS for my grandparents.



Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Jetlogs said:
marioblazer said:
I think michael patcher is leo-j in disguise. for some reason he dislikes nintendo.....

maybe has stocks in sony and microsoft
when you think about, that actually makes some sense

 


 the leo-j thing or the stocks?



I want wii fit and I want it now

 

Played_Out said:
I hate myself for stoking the fire like this, but...

Just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. When the PSP was launched I predicted it would never sell at the level of the DS for one blindingly obvious reason: outside of Japan, hardly any adults would use a handheld gaming device.

 So that's why Japan gets titles like "Household Budget Planner" and the rest of the world doesn't? I wonder how long this trend will last?



fkusumot said:
famousringo said:
DalekLord said:
MP has no idea what gaming actually is, his actual job is to lose investors money with lame ass incorrect predictions and ruin Wedbush Morgans reputation

Damn, that job sounds sweet! Imagine all the fun you could have when your job is to confuse people who have money and bring shame and dishonour to your peers!


I used to work with people that had that job. I didn't like them.


But I bet you were envied their job satisfaction. 



"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
fkusumot said:
famousringo said:
DalekLord said:
MP has no idea what gaming actually is, his actual job is to lose investors money with lame ass incorrect predictions and ruin Wedbush Morgans reputation

Damn, that job sounds sweet! Imagine all the fun you could have when your job is to confuse people who have money and bring shame and dishonour to your peers!


I used to work with people that had that job. I didn't like them.


But I bet you were envied their job satisfaction.


 That would be like envying Hannibal Lecter for his culinary skills.



Played_Out said:
I hate myself for stoking the fire like this, but...

Just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. When the PSP was launched I predicted it would never sell at the level of the DS for one blindingly obvious reason: outside of Japan, hardly any adults would use a handheld gaming device.
Sure, we could all give anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the average age of handheld gamers is much lower than home console gamers.
Even though Nintendo has had some success capturing the 40+ market with the DS (and the wii), the overwhelming majority of players are small children. Why do you think the majority of games are really simple and usually based around colourful cartoon characters? How many adults do you think bought Nintendogs?

IN SUMMARY: Quit bashing Pachter. Like it or not, he's smarter than you are.

 I see trouble ahead........



Systems Owned - High end PC, Nintendo DS, X-Box 360 and PS3 

 

PSN and 360 ID's - Tommo1975

Played_Out said:
I hate myself for stoking the fire like this, but...

Just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. When the PSP was launched I predicted it would never sell at the level of the DS for one blindingly obvious reason: outside of Japan, hardly any adults would use a handheld gaming device.
Sure, we could all give anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the average age of handheld gamers is much lower than home console gamers.
Even though Nintendo has had some success capturing the 40+ market with the DS (and the wii), the overwhelming majority of players are small children. Why do you think the majority of games are really simple and usually based around colourful cartoon characters? How many adults do you think bought Nintendogs?

IN SUMMARY: Quit bashing Pachter. Like it or not, he's smarter than you are.

I laughed at the fact you think Patcher is smarter. Is he so smart he deliberatley gets his predictions wrong just to manipulate people like you into defending him knowing investors are unlikely to read vgchartz. I think so. It seems Played_Out that you have lost.



Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

 


 


 

 

 

weezy said:
I know how we can turn this DS into a grown ups device!!

Make a game like Nintendogs but about breasteses. Cause as you all know grown ups love breasteses!

 Definitely!  I know, they should have Sega develop it!  Call it "Feel the Magic: XY/XX!"

 

Oh, wait... 



Oh thank goodness Sony let Pachter out of his cage. Reading about the DS breaking sales records all over the world every week was getting boring.