By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - South Korea Q1(Jan~March)software sales

find it here

http://www.it.co.kr/news/mediaitNewsView.php?nSiteCode=6&nSeq=1931028&nBoardSeq=63&auth=1

and Ranking...looks like they love buy old games,and PC not including MMO

PC

1. Crysis 2 (13.18%)

2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (10.45%)

3. Dead Space 2 (8.64%)

4. Sid Meier's Civilization (6.06%)

5. Football Manager 2011 (4.09%)

6. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (4.06%)

7. Dragon Age 2 (3.33%)

8. Warcraft 3  (3.26%)

9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (2.58%)

10. Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War 2 (2.27%)

 

 

PS3

1. Winning Eleven 2011 (5.46%)

2. Killzone 3 Collector Edition (4.63%)

3. MLB 11 The Show (4.57%)

4. Dynasty Warriors 7 (2.97%)

5. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (2.79%)

6. Gundam Musou 3 (2.73%)

7. Gran Turismo 5 (2.67%)

8. Eonchatideu 2 GOTY (2.25%)

9. Final Fantasy XIII Korean version (2.14%)

10. Crysis 2 (1.84%)

 

 

XBOX360

1. Your shape (8.32%)

2. Dance Central (4.49%)

3. Kinect Sports (4.41%)

4. Crysis 2 (3.76%)

5. Tekken 6 (3.40%)

6. Dead Space 2 (2.46%)

7. Major League Baseball 2K11 (2.24%)

8. FIFA 11 (2.10%)

9. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (2.03%)

10. GTA 4 Complete Edition (1.88%)

 

 

Wii

1. Wii fit plus (12.45%)

2. Wii Sports Resort (11.59%)

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (10.01%)

4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (8.44%)

5. Wii fit (6.87%)

6. Super Smash Bros. X (5.87%)

7. Mario Kart Wii (5.15%)

8. Mario and Sonic Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver (2.29%)

9. Link's Crossbow Training(2.00%)

10. Valhalla Knights Elder Saga (1.43%)

 

 

PSP

1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (13.17%)

2. SD Gundam G Generation World (3.92%)

3. Tekken 6 (3.08%)

4. Final Fantasy 4 Complete Edition (2.80%)

5. God of War - Ghost of Sparta (2.76%)

6. Winning Eleven 2011 (2.52%)

7. God of War: Chains of Olympus (2.48%)

8. DJ Max Portable 3 (2.24%)

9. MLB 11 The Show (1.96%)

10. Ridge Racer 2  (1.89%)

 

 

Nintendo DS

1. Own collection Girls Style (4.95%)

2. Cheonjamun DS 2 magic spell last kanji (3.72%)

3. Pokémon Soul Silver (3.41%)

4. Ragnarok DS (3.39%)

5. Maple Story DS (3.10%)

6. Crayon Shinchan softer rubber is transformed clay (2.79%)

7. 007 Quantum Of Solace (2.48%)

8. New Super Mario Bros. (2.17%)

9. Animal Crossing: Wild World (2.15%)

10. Department of waking life experiences figure (2.08%)

 

 

※ title after the '%' represents the sales figures for each category.

※ Our data collection period from January 1, 2011 March 31, ilkkajiim.



Around the Network

WOW at Kinect there!!



 

Too bad we don't track MEAA software. FFXIII seems to be showing decent legs. MH3rd quite popular over there as well. Maple Story has a DS version? I was unaware of that.



Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Too bad we don't track MEAA software. FFXIII seems to be showing decent legs. MH3rd quite popular over there as well. Maple Story has a DS version? I was unaware of that.

Yes we do?



 

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Too bad we don't track MEAA software. FFXIII seems to be showing decent legs. MH3rd quite popular over there as well. Maple Story has a DS version? I was unaware of that.

Yes we do?


Umm... no we don't. I can name numerous games that never had any EMEAA numbers until their European release, or don't have any numbers at all if they haven't been released in Europe but have in Asia.



Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Too bad we don't track MEAA software. FFXIII seems to be showing decent legs. MH3rd quite popular over there as well. Maple Story has a DS version? I was unaware of that.

Yes we do?


Umm... no we don't. I can name numerous games that never had any EMEAA numbers until their European release, or don't have any numbers at all if they haven't been released in Europe but have in Asia.

We're sketchy on some games, that doesn't mean we don't estimate though.



 

Would be cool to see numbers instead of percentages(?)



Dr.Grass said:
Would be cool to see numbers instead of percentages(?)



If we had a rough idea of the total size of the software market we could get estimated numbers. Anyone got any ideas?



Shorty11857 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Would be cool to see numbers instead of percentages(?)

If we had a rough idea of the total size of the software market we could get estimated numbers. Anyone got any ideas?

Total software sales in the quarter in question were 3.21 million units.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Shorty11857 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Would be cool to see numbers instead of percentages(?)

If we had a rough idea of the total size of the software market we could get estimated numbers. Anyone got any ideas?

Total software sales in the quarter in question were 3.21 million units.

*moves to corner*