Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony channel stuffing PS3's to retailers (w/ pics).. AGGRIVATING.

I wish Sony would just send me stuff without ordering anything...



Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

You're joking right? Someone has to make the order in your store- companies just don't send out batches of products and hoped they guessed right. Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. 

You obviously don't work in retail.

Why are people posting when they have no idea how Gamestop works? It's like I'm getting attacked by Sony loyalists like this is all a conspiracy. Then again, this is VGchartz.

1) "someone has to make the order in your store"

Would you like to bet a ban? Store Managers don't "order" more like it's some sort of resturant. Not even District Managers do that.

2) " Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. "

Wrong, again. Demand is high for Kinect and 250gb 360's, yet we don't "order" them. We get them shipped randomly, which has to do with Microsoft and Gamestop Inc. Same regarding this and Sony.

Next time, don't critisize somebody if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edit:

"Also I like how you have three pics of the same stack of ps3's"

You're just showing that you seem to be offended/hurt by my original post. Where did I say it wasn't? My phone cannot take a picture of the whole stock so I did top half/ bottom half, and more to the side. This isn't even counting the ones behind this stack that I cannot access unless I move that mountain.

My original post is going wayyy over your head.



Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*


Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

Also, contrast this to previous years where around Christmas we had 1/3rd-ish of the amount we're receiving now, except it was in higher demand last year, etc.


yeah, but it isnt up to Sony either.  Sony will sell as many ps3's as the retailers will buy.  As they should as they are in the business of making money..    Its whoever is buying them from sony fault.   So dont act like sony is to blame



 

My Real Redneck friends


Sony has been stuffing your store for months and you have 45 consoles in your basement?



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

You're joking right? Someone has to make the order in your store- companies just don't send out batches of products and hoped they guessed right. Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. 

You obviously don't work in retail.

Also I like how you have three pics of the same stack of ps3's

This.  I'm pretty sure the manager/owner of the store is in charge of ordering stock, or if it's a corporation, the corp. would redirect the flow of console shipments if one store has too many or make sure not to order anymore. 



Around the Network
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

You're joking right? Someone has to make the order in your store- companies just don't send out batches of products and hoped they guessed right. Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. 

You obviously don't work in retail.

Why are people posting when they have no idea how Gamestop works? It's like I'm getting attacked by Sony loyalists like this is all a conspiracy. Then again, this is VGchartz.

1) "someone has to make the order in your store"

Would you like to bet a ban? Store Managers don't "order" more like it's some sort of resturant. Not even District Managers do that.

2) " Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. "

Wrong, again. Demand is high for Kinect and 250gb 360's, yet we don't "order" them. We get them shipped randomly, which has to do with Microsoft and Gamestop Inc. Same regarding this and Sony.

Next time, don't critisize somebody if you have no idea what you're talking about.


So let me get this straight, whoever gets your stores products has fucked up so badly that they have vastly overordered ps3s? Because sony doesn't just ship them places. Someone on your end is ordering them. 

So here are the possibilities

- Sony is forcing stores to buy their product (or giving them away for free to get their numbers on vgchartz up)

- Someone on your side consistently fucks up the ordering of ps3s in a big way and no one at your store is telling them to stop

-You are lying 



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

So... PS3 is doomed?



psrock said:

Sony has been stuffing your store for months and you have 45 consoles in your basement?

45-ish 160gig PS3's, more $400 Move bundles (I don't know how many but it looks like 11-12 of those, hard to count estimate because most are behind the other skus) downstairs.

Even more upstairs in our stockroom as I said if you actually read my post.

I don't know if you're familiar with Gamestop, but that isn't normal for a big Gamestop even at holiday, and this is what our small store has had since September.

It's like triple or more from last year.



Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*


leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

You're joking right? Someone has to make the order in your store- companies just don't send out batches of products and hoped they guessed right. Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. 

You obviously don't work in retail.

Why are people posting when they have no idea how Gamestop works? It's like I'm getting attacked by Sony loyalists like this is all a conspiracy. Then again, this is VGchartz.

1) "someone has to make the order in your store"

Would you like to bet a ban? Store Managers don't "order" more like it's some sort of resturant. Not even District Managers do that.

2) " Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. "

Wrong, again. Demand is high for Kinect and 250gb 360's, yet we don't "order" them. We get them shipped randomly, which has to do with Microsoft and Gamestop Inc. Same regarding this and Sony.

Next time, don't critisize somebody if you have no idea what you're talking about.


So let me get this straight, whoever gets your stores products has fucked up so badly that they have vastly overordered ps3s? Because sony doesn't just ship them places. Someone on your end is ordering them. 

So here are the possibilities

- Sony is forcing stores to buy their product (or giving them away for free to get their numbers on vgchartz up)

- Someone on your side consistently fucks up the ordering of ps3s in a big way and no one at your store is telling them to stop

-You are lying 

Better idea!

GameStop's upper managment is run by communists who are recieving funding from Sony to accept PS3s and distribute them equally among their comrades (being the stores themselves)!



19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
tombi123 said:

Umm... it's up to the shop to stop buying PS3 if they have too many...


WRONG. It's not up to us as a retailer; maybe the corporation as a whole trying to smooth out shipments across all stores in a region, but NOT us. This is a product that isn't exactly the fastest selling thing on the market (like DS) yet we keep getting more shipments, and our DM just wants us to make space for everything.

You obviously don't work in retail.

You're joking right? Someone has to make the order in your store- companies just don't send out batches of products and hoped they guessed right. Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. 

You obviously don't work in retail.

Why are people posting when they have no idea how Gamestop works? It's like I'm getting attacked by Sony loyalists like this is all a conspiracy. Then again, this is VGchartz.

1) "someone has to make the order in your store"

Would you like to bet a ban? Store Managers don't "order" more like it's some sort of resturant. Not even District Managers do that.

2) " Its up to the store to make the orders based on demand. "

Wrong, again. Demand is high for Kinect and 250gb 360's, yet we don't "order" them. We get them shipped randomly, which has to do with Microsoft and Gamestop Inc. Same regarding this and Sony.

Next time, don't critisize somebody if you have no idea what you're talking about.


So let me get this straight, whoever gets your stores products has fucked up so badly that they have vastly overordered ps3s? Because sony doesn't just ship them places. Someone on your end is ordering them. 

So here are the possibilities

- Sony is forcing stores to buy their product (or giving them away for free to get their numbers on vgchartz up)

- Someone on your side consistently fucks up the ordering of ps3s in a big way and no one at your store is telling them to stop

-You are lying 

Better idea!

GameStop's upper managment is run by communists who are recieving funding from Sony to accept PS3s and distribute them equally among their comrades (being the stores themselves)!

Should of known the commies were involved, fukken sony fanbois



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype