Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up

Jadedx said:

Didnt people say that last week, and the week before that?

I think people have said it (But not necessarily about the PS3) since the 360s was released



Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Question -

Why, despite a constant stream of new releases, do the PS3 and 360 seem to be on a continual drop? Ever since FIFA 11 they've both dropped, and FIFA opened up to 1.3M/880k respectively on each console.

I really don't get it...

It's the peak of the mountain, few titles can push any hardware these days and the drop in the Wii is bigger mostly because of the insane numbers it did at the begining. Move and Kinect are like extensions for the 360 and PS3 (at least that's what Microsoft says) The Wii is in a different situation mostly beacuse it has no place to go.



Jadedx said:
kowenicki said:
Jadedx said:

HOw is it that 360 is winning every week, yet the vgchartz difference is shrinking? I'm really starting to doubt Vgchartz numbers.



large historic adjustment for canada, went back over a year.

A one time adjustment I understand, but 400k is a huge number, and even after that 400k adjustment the difference was 5.2 million, now its 5, next week it will probably be 4.9; not to mention that the adjustment was only for one console. This does not bode well for VGC reliability IMO.

I second this. The numbers are discussed each week, and then suddenly we get an 'adjustment' making the numbers totally different. All the close races that has been discussed earlier gets kinda pointless. For all we know, this week could be adjusted in 6 months making positions totally different. I come here to get an estimate and see some trends, but I definitely don't have 100% faith in the numbers provided here. Still, awesome site with good features. 



kowenicki said:

360...wins again.

its just how it is now.

black friday will be very interesting.


when is black friday?

In 2 weeks Fable III will launch and show us some great numbers. 1 million first week is almost certain if preorders are anything to go by. Might move 10k consoles as well.

November is Kinect-time and with all the signs we get from retail, it will be huge.

IF Sony really screwed GT5 for another holiday season, they have nothing left for this holiday season.
MS said they delayed Gears of War 3 to holiday season 2011 for a reason. I bet my left arm that Sony would do the exact same thing now with God of War 3 if they had the chance to do so.



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:

360...wins again.

its just how it is now.

black friday will be very interesting.


when is black friday?

In 2 weeks Fable III will launch and show us some great numbers. 1 million first week is almost certain if preorders are anything to go by. Might move 10k consoles as well.

November is Kinect-time and with all the signs we get from retail, it will be huge.

IF Sony really screwed GT5 for another holiday season, they have nothing left for this holiday season.
MS said they delayed Gears of War 3 to holiday season 2011 for a reason. I bet my left arm that Sony would do the exact same thing now with God of War 3 if they had the chance to do so.

26th Nov, so will be in 27th Nov data, which is 6 data lots away.



 

Around the Network

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82490/2010-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-october-16th/

2010 Year on Year Sales and Market Share Update to October 16th



 

yo_john117 said:
jneul said:

ouch now that is what i call close sales between ps3 and x360

Whats so ouch about it?


I have seen jneul bash 360 and even discredit Vgchartz on N4G so don't bother arguing with him. 



I wonder how much of an impact Fable and Kinect will have on 360 sales.



Nsanity said:

I wonder how much of an impact Fable and Kinect will have on 360 sales.

Fable? hardly anything, hopefully they advertise it though!



 

Seece said:
Nsanity said:

I wonder how much of an impact Fable and Kinect will have on 360 sales.

Fable? hardly anything, hopefully they advertise it though!


There's already a bunch of tv ads