Quantcast
Sony Unveils the World's Smallest 3D Camera

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Unveils the World's Smallest 3D Camera

mysticwolf said:
poroporo said:
superchunk said:
poroporo said:
superchunk said:

If you want a 3D camera there are far better options that this half-breed.


Such as?


LOL you crazy animal.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-FinePix-3D-Digital-Optical/dp/B002NPCK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278795794&sr=8-2



Good thing I have some 3D glasses right next to my computer!

I do. :(



Around the Network
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
poroporo said:
superchunk said:

 


Such as?


LOL you crazy animal.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-FinePix-3D-Digital-Optical/dp/B002NPCK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278795794&sr=8-2

did you just link us to $900 camera from fuji?


Is it better than this camera from Sony? yes. Therefore it satisfy's the request. Price was irrelavent.

What makes it better, have you tried the Sony cameras, have they even been reviewed, what is it about the fuji camera beside being overpriced that makes it so much better?

1. It uses two 10MP lenses to capture the real 3D image, not a software generated approach that will surely look like fail.

2. It actually has a 3D screen on back. You can't even see the 3D effect in the Sony model.

I did compare Mugen, thanks.

In reality, the Sony one probably doesn't even do a great 3D and the effect will look better on the 3DS's crappy low end cameras.

EDIT: However, I will give you that as a 2D camera, these Sony models are better.

Akihabara News' early review of the Fujifilm W1 3D Camera pretty much laid everything out from the get-go with its headline, "The worst camera ever made: the review." It assuredly caused more than a few raised eyebrows, not the least of which from Fujifilm itself. In an interesting and welcoming move, the company invited the publication to a face-to-face meeting -- not for some physical redemption, mind you, but to address all the points of disappointment. There isn't a lot said to alleviate concerns, and the common thread among all replies is pretty much that this is a new field that currently caters to a very small niche, and there's gonna be speed bumps for time to come -- in other words, better luck next time. Still, it's somewhat refreshing to see a major company tackle the subject head-on and in public view -- now if only we could make this an industry-wide trend.

http://en.akihabaranews.com/24288/image/fujifilm-s-w1-3d-camera-let-s-talk-about-it-again-shall-we

ohh!!! HOHOHOHOHO! OWNED OWNED OWNED!

besides, who said that the sony camera takes 3d photos with a software? wtf? it takes the photo with a 12.2MP camera in 15 different angles to give the 3d effect!



I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
poroporo said:
superchunk said:

 


Such as?


LOL you crazy animal.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-FinePix-3D-Digital-Optical/dp/B002NPCK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278795794&sr=8-2

did you just link us to $900 camera from fuji?


Is it better than this camera from Sony? yes. Therefore it satisfy's the request. Price was irrelavent.

What makes it better, have you tried the Sony cameras, have they even been reviewed, what is it about the fuji camera beside being overpriced that makes it so much better?

1. It uses two 10MP lenses to capture the real 3D image, not a software generated approach that will surely look like fail.

2. It actually has a 3D screen on back. You can't even see the 3D effect in the Sony model.

I did compare Mugen, thanks.

In reality, the Sony one probably doesn't even do a great 3D and the effect will look better on the 3DS's crappy low end cameras.

EDIT: However, I will give you that as a 2D camera, these Sony models are better.

Akihabara News' early review of the Fujifilm W1 3D Camera pretty much laid everything out from the get-go with its headline, "The worst camera ever made: the review." It assuredly caused more than a few raised eyebrows, not the least of which from Fujifilm itself. In an interesting and welcoming move, the company invited the publication to a face-to-face meeting -- not for some physical redemption, mind you, but to address all the points of disappointment. There isn't a lot said to alleviate concerns, and the common thread among all replies is pretty much that this is a new field that currently caters to a very small niche, and there's gonna be speed bumps for time to come -- in other words, better luck next time. Still, it's somewhat refreshing to see a major company tackle the subject head-on and in public view -- now if only we could make this an industry-wide trend.

http://en.akihabaranews.com/24288/image/fujifilm-s-w1-3d-camera-let-s-talk-about-it-again-shall-we


ouch.



This thread was right under the "Are you satisfied with the size of your penis" thread and I read it as:

Sony Unveils the Worlds smallest 3D Penis.  Ill admit it, I was a little excited :(

So anyway:

Thats pretty neato.  3D gaming phone up next?

 



iWarMachine said:

ohh!!! HOHOHOHOHO! OWNED OWNED OWNED!

besides, who said that the sony camera takes 3d photos with a software? wtf? it takes the photo with a 12.2MP camera in 15 different angles to give the 3d effect!


It utilizes software to create the 3D image from a single viewing source. Basically, inferior to a two camera system just as optical zoom distance is inferior in quality to digital zoom distance. Hardware > Software basically.

However, after reading that review, obviously Fujifilm made a craptastic device.



Around the Network
superchunk said:
psrock said:


ouch.


Well, after reading the review, it seems the 3D is fine, it's just the product was before it's time and very expensive. This is  a old product that needs a refresh.

In other words, not the worst camera ever.



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
 


ouch.


Well, after reading the review, it seems the 3D is fine, it's just the product was before it's time and very expensive. This is  a old product that needs a refresh.

In other words, not the worst camera ever.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it, but still not a great camera.

In use this Sony might actually be better as it would be more user friendly, but, the 3D tech I sure is still better with 2 cameras than one single camera supported by software.

I won't care eitherway though until I can buy screens for TV and picture frames etc, that display 3D without glasses.

3DS is definitely going to be a big help in pushing that tech out.



superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
 


ouch.


Well, after reading the review, it seems the 3D is fine, it's just the product was before it's time and very expensive. This is  a old product that needs a refresh.

In other words, not the worst camera ever.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it, but still not a great camera.

In use this Sony might actually be better as it would be more user friendly, but, the 3D tech I sure is still better with 2 cameras than one single camera supported by software.

I won't care eitherway though until I can buy screens for TV and picture frames etc, that display 3D without glasses.

3DS is definitely going to be a big help in pushing that tech out.


What would be amazing is 3DS having that kind of tech and yet be$ 200 or less.



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
psrock said:
superchunk said:
poroporo said:
superchunk said:

 


Such as?


LOL you crazy animal.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-FinePix-3D-Digital-Optical/dp/B002NPCK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278795794&sr=8-2

did you just link us to $900 camera from fuji?


Is it better than this camera from Sony? yes. Therefore it satisfy's the request. Price was irrelavent.

What makes it better, have you tried the Sony cameras, have they even been reviewed, what is it about the fuji camera beside being overpriced that makes it so much better?

1. It uses two 10MP lenses to capture the real 3D image, not a software generated approach that will surely look like fail.

2. It actually has a 3D screen on back. You can't even see the 3D effect in the Sony model.

I did compare Mugen, thanks.

In reality, the Sony one probably doesn't even do a great 3D and the effect will look better on the 3DS's crappy low end cameras.

EDIT: However, I will give you that as a 2D camera, these Sony models are better.

Akihabara News' early review of the Fujifilm W1 3D Camera pretty much laid everything out from the get-go with its headline, "The worst camera ever made: the review." It assuredly caused more than a few raised eyebrows, not the least of which from Fujifilm itself. In an interesting and welcoming move, the company invited the publication to a face-to-face meeting -- not for some physical redemption, mind you, but to address all the points of disappointment. There isn't a lot said to alleviate concerns, and the common thread among all replies is pretty much that this is a new field that currently caters to a very small niche, and there's gonna be speed bumps for time to come -- in other words, better luck next time. Still, it's somewhat refreshing to see a major company tackle the subject head-on and in public view -- now if only we could make this an industry-wide trend.

http://en.akihabaranews.com/24288/image/fujifilm-s-w1-3d-camera-let-s-talk-about-it-again-shall-we


ouch.


LAWL but come onnnnnnnnn I wanted to be the one to show that review, bummer :D

anywho these camera are fraction of the price of this one and has more and better specs so yeah no matter how one spin it this is still a great cam..you called it a half breed even without a proper reason...yu say the quality will be bad when we still don't know that so unless we know for sure you just bashed on a sony product without proper reason and that is uber fail , better luck next time tho, keep trying.

ps; for the one who said this won't display the 3d pics, i can confirm it does...all you need is some googling before bashing anything non ninty, it makes you look silly



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

While the Nintendo 3DS stands to be the first 3D viewing device many consumers will ever own, I can say pretty confidently that it will hardly be the last. And no, they won't be buying Nintendo brand autostereoscopic big screen HDTVs in the future.

So Nintendo will be first to the market with a very consumer friendly, accessible device most likely under $200, but I hardly think that positions them as being the "pioneers" of consumer 3D content as if they "own" 3D, even if they sell 200 million 3DS handhelds. 

But I know it will still be my first 3D viewing device (and not my last).

Things will be a lot more interesting once 3D display capabilities start to become a common feature in consumer electronics.