So as expected, Sony undersold their BC system and MS capitalized on their confusing messaging. "No doWnClockING! No boosT moDe!!!"
In short, XSX BC effective advantages:
1. Higher resolutions for mid-gen patched games.
2. Generally faster loadtimes (which is fairly surprising).
3. Partial BC with OG Xbox and X360.
4. Potentially Auto-HDR and other enhancements.
5. Potentially less bugs and errors?
PS5 BC effective advantages:
1. Larger library of games.
2. Higher resolutions for unpatched games.
3. Generally higher and more stable framerates.
BC hasn't looked so good since the overpriced early PS3!