Some good news guys, Kotaku's Jason Schrier says that nobody was laid off and that it was only cancelled because it was in early development and too big of a project to be finished by EA's deadline. Instead a smaller Star Wars project will enter development at EA Vancouver with a plan to release Holiday 2020, likely as a next-gen launch title.
EA Star Wars games since 2013:— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) January 16, 2019
- Battlefront 1, 2 (released)
- Visceral's Ragtag (canceled)
- Respawn's Jedi Fallen Order (fall 2019)
- EA/Motive Vancouver's new game (planned for late 2020ish)
- Motive Montreal's smaller thing (not announced yet)
- Mobile stuff
- Maybe more?
There is also a small project in development at EA Motive Montreal, and Jason mentions that there are possibly more games in development. Please for the love of God let them have a KOTOR remake project in development somewhere.Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 January 2019