No Man's Sky Next update is releasing later this month and I think that, after two years, they've finally sold me on the game... here's a list of the new features straight from the Playstation Blog post, which I'll link to at the end;
- Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travellers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.
There's also a video;
The visual overhaul definitely looks a lot better, I quite like the look of it now, and being able to play in third person is a huge plus in my books too since I much prefer that for this sort of stuff, and if multiplayer is truly working properly and as intended, then that's gonna' boost the fun factor too.
Although I feel like, where it is right now, is how it should have launched way back in 2016. Maybe then it would've actually gotten good reviews and people wouldn't shit on it all the time. I wonder if it'll get a re-review by anyone, lol