Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony cancelling PAX East 2020 attendance due to coronavirus concerns

It's not like the bird flu. This Chinese flu has taken 80k victims and i wouldn't be surprised if it hits 100k. This is the worse virus in terms of numbers since the Spanish flu.

In Switzerland, all events with more than 1000 attendants have been banned by the gov.

All efforts no matter how small should be done to avoid this almost pandemic situation to get even worse. Sony was right and responsible since the begining.



God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Now that MS also cancelled can we declare gaming is doomed?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

sales2099 said:
kazuyamishima said:
So, just to be sure, Sony is still Doomed and Microsoft still have the upper hand right??

 Nah Sony fine. A current PR imbalance is nothing in the grand scheme 

Oh good,i was already getting extremely frustrated because you said i was and now that MS has backed out the console warz is in balance again!

I'm bored and going to play some Baldurs gate now :p



sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

So  are you still blaming SONY or blaming   Corona now? 

Logic dictates I blame corona now. If one backed out and the other didn’t I could argue one was being overly cautious. But now that’s not the case. 

Considering your argument amounted to a conspiracy theorist viewpoint, I'm gonna go with nah on that.

You're more than willing to adjust the narrative to support what appears like really clear as day bias, but let's be honest, you basically went from Sony is hiding/ having problems to MS is out and a virus is to blame without even acknowledging that maybe Sony was right.



twintail said:
sales2099 said:

Logic dictates I blame corona now. If one backed out and the other didn’t I could argue one was being overly cautious. But now that’s not the case. 

Considering your argument amounted to a conspiracy theorist viewpoint, I'm gonna go with nah on that.

You're more than willing to adjust the narrative to support what appears like really clear as day bias, but let's be honest, you basically went from Sony is hiding/ having problems to MS is out and a virus is to blame without even acknowledging that maybe Sony was right.

I “adjust” the narrative when new news comes out. That’s kinda the point of adapting to developing stories. If one backed out and the other stayed I am entitled to make a judgement call. Especially when this isn’t the first event Sony skipped out on. Ya got me sheriff, I’m bias. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 29 February 2020

___________

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

Considering your argument amounted to a conspiracy theorist viewpoint, I'm gonna go with nah on that.

You're more than willing to adjust the narrative to support what appears like really clear as day bias, but let's be honest, you basically went from Sony is hiding/ having problems to MS is out and a virus is to blame without even acknowledging that maybe Sony was right.

I “adjust” the narrative when new news comes out. That’s kinda the point of adapting to developing stories. If one backed out and the other stayed I am entitled to make a judgement call. Especially when this isn’t the first event Sony skipped out on. Ya got me sheriff, I’m bias. 

You’re certainly free to jump to those hasty conclusions of yours, however wrong and skewed they are.

Just don’t expect your comments to ever hold any credibility.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

I “adjust” the narrative when new news comes out. That’s kinda the point of adapting to developing stories. If one backed out and the other stayed I am entitled to make a judgement call. Especially when this isn’t the first event Sony skipped out on. Ya got me sheriff, I’m bias. 

You’re certainly free to jump to those hasty conclusions of yours, however wrong and skewed they are.

Just don’t expect your comments to ever hold any credibility.

Good thing my day job isn’t a gaming industry analyst ;)



___________

sales2099 said:
LurkerJ said:

You're back, and as purposely dense as ever. 

And btw when someone recognizes me from my YT days 10 years ago I’m always flattered :)

I don't know what you're talking about...... all I remember is you're someone who's smart enough to make quality posts until he/she comments on SONY-related news, only then your logical thinking is thrown out of the window and you intoxicate the forums with useless back and forth because you keep insisting the earth is flat even if proven otherwise. 

I don't hold against the mods for banning me but at least I don't hide behind an artificial veneer of irrationality, which is the veneer you selectively apply over your SONY-related commentary.

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 29 February 2020

LurkerJ said:
sales2099 said:

And btw when someone recognizes me from my YT days 10 years ago I’m always flattered :)

I don't know what you're talking about...... all I remember is you're someone who's smart enough to make quality posts until he/she comments on SONY-related news, only then your logical thinking is thrown out of the window and you intoxicate the forums with useless back and forth because you keep insisting the earth is flat even if proven otherwise. 

I don't hold against the mods for banning me but at least I don't hide behind an artificial veneer of irrationality, which is the veneer you selectively apply over your SONY-related commentary.

If you are referring to the cross gen thread? Several others are on the same page as me and we’re all generally debating one persistent person.

Attack the argument, not the person. That’s why you were banned. 



___________

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

Considering your argument amounted to a conspiracy theorist viewpoint, I'm gonna go with nah on that.

You're more than willing to adjust the narrative to support what appears like really clear as day bias, but let's be honest, you basically went from Sony is hiding/ having problems to MS is out and a virus is to blame without even acknowledging that maybe Sony was right.

I “adjust” the narrative when new news comes out. That’s kinda the point of adapting to developing stories. If one backed out and the other stayed I am entitled to make a judgement call. Especially when this isn’t the first event Sony skipped out on. Ya got me sheriff, I’m bias. 

Well i do respect you for not sticking to your guns,you were very eager to make negative assumptions about sony but atleast you are not stubborn enough to keep with them.