Forums - Politics Discussion - Iranian General Killed by US Attack

SpokenTruth said:
NightDragon83 said:

Jeez, just who does Trump think he is... Bill Clinton???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)#Distraction_from_Clinton_impeachment_scandal

Leave it to Trump take the worst pages from Bill's playback and run with them.

Yeah you're right, he should have taken a page from Obama's playbook... just ignore the attack of an American Embassy, and then afterwards blame said attack on "spontaneous protests" sparked by a YouTube video.

BTW, the week Clinton launched those attacks in Iraq was not only the same week he was impeached, but also the week that his approval rating hit its highest point of his presidency at 73%.



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

teamsilent13 said:
Hiku said:

Well, it will be interesting to see how this develops.
Probably wouldn't be the first president to start a war to boost chances of re-election.

Trump will lose my vote and many others if this escalates to war. I can't see this being a logical strategy. Maybe he doesn't care about re-election and his Israeli handlers are doing their last biddings. This either has to quiet down fast like the strikes in Syria or he's lost it.

I have to imagine he cares about the election.  Winning is a very important aspect to him regardless of what the contest is.  I think it's more about being clueless about the repercussions and/or wanting to look big on the world stage just like he claimed about Obama. 



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

NightDragon83 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Leave it to Trump take the worst pages from Bill's playback and run with them.

Yeah you're right, he should have taken a page from Obama's playbook... just ignore the attack of an American Embassy, and then afterwards blame said attack on "spontaneous protests" sparked by a YouTube video.

BTW, the week Clinton launched those attacks in Iraq was not only the same week he was impeached, but also the week that his approval rating hit its highest point of his presidency at 73%.

You seem to be posting under the impression that those of us who are against Trump are equally for Clinton and that you're are just trying to make Clinton look bad.

Do you realize we could be on the precipice of a major war here? 



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

teamsilent13 said:
Hiku said:

Well, it will be interesting to see how this develops.
Probably wouldn't be the first president to start a war to boost chances of re-election.

Trump will lose my vote and many others if this escalates to war. I can't see this being a logical strategy. Maybe he doesn't care about re-election and his Israeli handlers are doing their last biddings. This either has to quiet down fast like the strikes in Syria or he's lost it.

Wait guys, I can't keep up... I thought Trump was Russia's puppet?  And Russia is buddy-buddy with Iran, so what gives here?



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

SpokenTruth said:
NightDragon83 said:

Yeah you're right, he should have taken a page from Obama's playbook... just ignore the attack of an American Embassy, and then afterwards blame said attack on "spontaneous protests" sparked by a YouTube video.

BTW, the week Clinton launched those attacks in Iraq was not only the same week he was impeached, but also the week that his approval rating hit its highest point of his presidency at 73%.

You seem to be posting under the impression that those of us who are against Trump are equally for Clinton and that you're are just trying to make Clinton look bad.

Do you realize we could be on the precipice of a major war here? 

This.

Despite political preference, a dangerous and provocative action by someone in power is still just that. 

There will be consequences and nobody can predict just what they will be at the moment.



SpokenTruth said:
NightDragon83 said:

Yeah you're right, he should have taken a page from Obama's playbook... just ignore the attack of an American Embassy, and then afterwards blame said attack on "spontaneous protests" sparked by a YouTube video.

BTW, the week Clinton launched those attacks in Iraq was not only the same week he was impeached, but also the week that his approval rating hit its highest point of his presidency at 73%.

You seem to be posting under the impression that those of us who are against Trump are equally for Clinton and that you're are just trying to make Clinton look bad.

Do you realize we could be on the precipice of a major war here? 

Nah, just that I've been around long enough to see that Trump's biggest critics today were some of Clinton's biggest supporters back in the 90's, and everything they criticize Trump for today they gave a pass to Clinton back then.

Iran's been targeting Americans and westerners for over 40 years now with damn near impunity.  The Iranian general thought he was untouchable while directing an attack on US personnel from the front lines.  Guess someone had to remind him that his buddy Obama has been out of office for some time now.



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Hiku said:
PAOerfulone said:

Reagan did it to Grenada.
The Bushes did it to Iraq.

I sense a trend here.

Yeah, I said 'probably' because if you ask them they have another explanation.
But iirc, no president has lost re-election during a war.

LBJ did.

Johnson has the distinction of being the only U.S. President to be effectively "primaried" out of office. He was up for re-election in 1968 during the height of the Vietnam War, but he was so incredibly unpopular that he was subject to primary challengers in 1968 and, after a disastrous showing in the early primaries, withdrew his bid, which led to the contentious Democratic National Convention that saw Hubert Humphrey win the nomination. Humphrey would later be defeated in the general election by Richard Nixon.

LBJ is a cautionary tale that an unpopular war can ruin a president. Grenada and Desert Storm were brief and not very costly to the U.S., and so didn't generate much negative reaction (and Bush I didn't get re-elected anyway, so it's not like Desert Storm helped him in the long run). The Iraq War was unpopular among many people, but in its early days, including ahead of the 2004 election, it still had a lot of popular support, and only became opposed by most Americans as it continued to grind along with seemingly no end in sight. With Iran, that will be a far tougher sell. Not many Americans are eager to go to war with Iran. Such a war will be even worse than the one with Iraq, and there are still a lot of war-weary American that aren't looking forward to yet another decade of war after the Iraq and Afghanistan wars finally started to wind down. Trying to go to war with Iran could actually bite Trump in the ass. Then again, if he starts a war and is defeated this year, the incoming Democratic president will be saddled with the war, and that could hurt them.

EDIT: And might I add that all of this mess with Iran could have been avoided had we not deposed their democratically-elected secular government back in the 1950s just to protect an oil company's bottom line. Blowback is a bitch.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 03 January 2020

NightDragon83 said:
teamsilent13 said:

Trump will lose my vote and many others if this escalates to war. I can't see this being a logical strategy. Maybe he doesn't care about re-election and his Israeli handlers are doing their last biddings. This either has to quiet down fast like the strikes in Syria or he's lost it.

Wait guys, I can't keep up... I thought Trump was Russia's puppet?  And Russia is buddy-buddy with Iran, so what gives here?

I voted for Trump. Putin for what it's worth is a corrupt man. I am not going to post in detail everyting about Russia interference, but yeah democrats have no real case for it. Trump won because of rustbelt and midwest voters switching to GOP on economic and immigration based grounds. If we want to get technical Trump actually lost white votes by % points compared to Romney and he lost evangelicals to Romney. I hate the left trying to discredit his campaign which went through serious recount efforts and I still believe the democrats engaged in voter fraud at many levels based on what I've seen. I think Trump won New Hampshire and I think the popular vote is filled with fake votes...keep in mind I still think he lost the popular vote just not by as much and almost entirely because of California.

Just because Russia didn't change the results of our election doesn't mean they didn't make some efforts to disrupt it. And in most cases at least with the facebook ads it was negative information on both candidates. I have no idea the real nature of WikiLeaks and if they have any real ties to Russia or not. Wikileaks I believe was given information presumably from Russia regarding Hillary Clinton's emails, but there was nothing really to get up in arms because Hillary dug her own grave by having an illegal server and saying the things in the emails. Many large countries from Russia to China and the EU attempt to disrupt our election at some level. 

That being said Israel has a huge stranglehold in American politics starting from a lobbying level, to disproportional donors, and to being our largest aid recipient. Israel has been in control of foreign policy since neoliberal/neoconservatives were put in charge of it. If the neocons are still in power, if Jared Kushner is being given a lot of power, most importantly if Netenyahu is lifetime friends with Trump then there's reason to think that Israel is guiding Trump's policy. I have a lot of technical reasons for why it's obvious, but I don't feel like posting pages of information and then getting called the anti word. I will not support Trump if this escalates to war. He will regain my respect if he manages to get this quiet fast like he did with Syria. I am not a pacifist btw. But it's clear we are here to bully for Israel. Otherwise I guess the war is for oil? I mean this is the same military that idle'd military vehicles 24/7 for almost two decades in Afghanistan. 

Last edited by teamsilent13 - on 03 January 2020

This will be interesting to watch lol.

I doubt this will immediately lead to war, but who knows at this point. US presidents have done worse to stir public opinion in their court.



Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ok, Trump bad for approving the attack that killed a terrorist with a fancy title who has been planning/directing the killing of Americans for years.