Quantcast
The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

hatmoza said:
Here's hoping for a KC TEN Superbowl. They are so fun to watch! I haven't enjoyed following an NFL season this much since the 2007-2008 season.

I hope it's Packers vs Bears, two timeless franchises yet they've never met in a Super Bowl



hatmoza said:
Here's hoping for a KC TEN Superbowl. They are so fun to watch! I haven't enjoyed following an NFL season this much since the 2007-2008 season.

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that those two teams are, in fact, guaranteed to play.



So we have status update in few days? What about that preseason prediction for league? Roll would give semi update at postseason start but I guess we have to wait till Superbowl ending. Think I'm fucked but had mahomes least going to title game losing to Patriots. Man do the Patriots need some wide receivers and a better running back. The offense was complete shit this year except that game Antonio Brown played. What a difference one playmaker can make.



MTZehvor said:
hatmoza said:
Here's hoping for a KC TEN Superbowl. They are so fun to watch! I haven't enjoyed following an NFL season this much since the 2007-2008 season.

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that those two teams are, in fact, guaranteed to play.

No excuses on my end, that was a complete brain fuck of a moment. I dunno why I swapped KC and SF from their relative conferences. 

I'll show myself out.



I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

49ers vs cheifs super bowl.



Well, this past weekend couldn’t have turned out any better for me!
The 49ers dominate the Vikings with Ford, Tartt, and Alexander back, the defense is back at full strength and looking as dominant as they did in the first 12 weeks of the regular season.
Not only that, the two biggest threats, I felt, to the 49ers’ Super Bowl chances (Ravens and Seahawks) both got knocked out. Although now, the Chiefs just went up a few pegs.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Go Titans!



sethnintendo said:

So we have status update in few days? What about that preseason prediction for league? Roll would give semi update at postseason start but I guess we have to wait till Superbowl ending. Think I'm fucked but had mahomes least going to title game losing to Patriots. Man do the Patriots need some wide receivers and a better running back. The offense was complete shit this year except that game Antonio Brown played. What a difference one playmaker can make.

Kinda just planned on doing it after the Super Bowl, I guess if people really want an update on it I can put something together later this week.

Anyway, predictions time. 

Divisional Results:

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
11 Zakaro  2-2 vs.  3-1 RolStoppable 1 22
10 hatmoza  3-1/46 vs.  3-1/49 Level1Death 2 17
8 Castor  2-2 vs.  3-1 sethnintendo 3 8
6 MTZehvor  3-1 vs.  1-3 ChrisHu 4 6

Not too much to say about this week. Nearly everyone picked the Ravens, Chiefs, and Packers (ChrisHu being the only Seattle pick). The Vikings and 49ers were more divided for some reason that I can't fathom (Minnesota hasn't won a road playoff game since Randy Moss mooned Green Bay), and perhaps unsurprisingly, everyone who picked the Vikings lost. The other loser, hatmoza was this week's unlucky soul who was doomed by PDT despite posting the same record as his opponent and having a better PDT.

This leaves the following conference championship game matchups.

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
6 MTZehvor   vs.   RolStoppable 1 11
3 sethnintendo   vs.   Level1Death 2 3

Since I'm picking against Rol this week, the usual plan of my opponent and I sending our picks to him obviously won't work, so we're going to need to find someone else to send our predictions to. If you're willing to hold onto our predictions until Sunday, let me know. Also, since this website's PM system has been wonky for me recently for some reason, it'd be great if you can provide some alternate way to contact you just in case PM sucks again.

Given that there's only two people who need to make predictions, I'm going to forego the usual google forms and just say: PM your picks to me. I doubt anyone has any trouble remembering the matchups, but just in case: Packers @ 49ers, Titans @ Chiefs.



MTZehvor said:
# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
6 MTZehvor   vs.   RolStoppable 1 11
3 sethnintendo   vs.   Level1Death 2 3

Since I'm picking against Rol this week, the usual plan of my opponent and I sending our picks to him obviously won't work, so we're going to need to find someone else to send our predictions to. If you're willing to hold onto our predictions until Sunday, let me know. Also, since this website's PM system has been wonky for me recently for some reason, it'd be great if you can provide some alternate way to contact you just in case PM sucks again.

Given that there's only two people who need to make predictions, I'm going to forego the usual google forms and just say: PM your picks to me. I doubt anyone has any trouble remembering the matchups, but just in case: Packers @ 49ers, Titans @ Chiefs.

I suggest that @PAOerfulone should take care of it. As a 49ers fan he's going to care about this week's games and he's been actively posting in this thread, so adding a little extra to what he would have been doing anyway should be a breeze. He only needs to send a direct PM response to confirm that a PM with predictions got through and was received, and then during or after the 49ers game post the predictions in this thread.

As for the HFA rule in the prediction league playoffs, the championship games used to have an additional /2 to the equation because the number of NFL playoff games drops from 4 to 2. That would mean 6 points for me and 2 for Level1Death, because decimal results are rounded up.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 15 January 2020

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:
# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
6 MTZehvor   vs.   RolStoppable 1 11
3 sethnintendo   vs.   Level1Death 2 3

Since I'm picking against Rol this week, the usual plan of my opponent and I sending our picks to him obviously won't work, so we're going to need to find someone else to send our predictions to. If you're willing to hold onto our predictions until Sunday, let me know. Also, since this website's PM system has been wonky for me recently for some reason, it'd be great if you can provide some alternate way to contact you just in case PM sucks again.

Given that there's only two people who need to make predictions, I'm going to forego the usual google forms and just say: PM your picks to me. I doubt anyone has any trouble remembering the matchups, but just in case: Packers @ 49ers, Titans @ Chiefs.

I suggest that @PAOerfulone should take care of it. As a 49ers fan he's going to care about this week's games and he's been actively posting in this thread, so adding a little extra to what he would have been doing anyway should be a breeze. He only needs to send a direct PM response to confirm that a PM with predictions got through and was received, and then during or after the 49ers game post the predictions in this thread.

As for the HFA rule in the prediction league playoffs, the championship games used to have an additional /2 to the equation because the number of NFL playoff games drops from 4 to 2. That would mean 6 points for me and 2 for Level1Death, because decimal results are rounded up.

No complaints here. 6 and 2 it is.

As for the new recipient, if he's fine with it, I'll send to him.