Sign up thread
Sign ups are over. This is left here for historical purposes.
ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD, AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT. IF YOU ARE NOT YET SIGNED UP BUT ARE INTERESTED THEN CHECK OUT THE SIGN UP THREAD IN THE OP. YOU CAN AND WILL BE MODERATED FOR SPAM IF YOU DELIBERATELY BREAK THE RULES WITHIN THE THREAD, SO DON'T DO IT. PLEASE READ THE RULES. THANKS!
Welcome to the 9th Annual Greatest Games Event! On November 12th, there will be 50 days before the end of the year. To celebrate, we will be posting our 50 favorite games of all time, one game a day until we hit December 31st and post our #1 game of all time!
This thread is for those who have signed up and have created a list of 50 Games to post. If you haven't already signed up then you can sign up right here! Each and every list will be compiled here in this thread, so good luck, have fun, and enjoy showing the games that have defined you as a gamer!
Please review the rules and guidelines in the thread:
• November 12th will be the 50th day before the end of 2018.
• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your all time top 50 Games. This includes games on ALL systems (mobile, PC, console, handheld, anything) and ALL generations.
• Your final and favorite game of all time should be posted on December 31st, the last day of the year.
What games can you pick?
• Games that release after October 31, 2018 will not be allowed.
• Please do not add Game Collections, Compilations, and the like.
• Remakes, Remasters, and the like are fine to put into your list.
• Game Expansions and DLC Content should be included with the original game.
• Fan Games are allowed but mods are not.
Making your list (and checking it twice!):
• On November 10th (two days before we begin), I will create the Official Thread, where you will post your empty list.
• Each day you will add one more game to your post, going from your 50th favorite game (November 12th) to your #1 favorite game (December 31st).
• Don't worry if you miss a day or even a week. If you do, all you need to do is post the appropriate number of games in your list to catch up with the rest of us.
• Please include the platforms(s) that you played the game on, and only the ones you've played on!
• Reboots often have the same name as the original game, if you include a reboot in your list please make that clear.
• For your list in the Official Thread, please DO NOT include any descriptions or images. Keep your list clean, concise, and to the point.
• It's alright if you have a change of heart and want to change a few games around during your time with this event.
• Remember, your ONE POST in the Official Thread is where you'll make your list and edit your games in.
How you can help me out:
Whether you want to go day by day with each game, or even if you don't have the time but still want to submit a list... you can help me out!
• I'd really appreciate it if you PM'ed me your entire top 50 list AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The earlier I have it, the earlier I can get to work for the celebration event!
• Again, I'd really appreciate if you sent me a PM of your top 50 list as soon as possible! Thank you!
• Either PM me or contact me on my wall. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Links to the past:
2010: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread