Quantcast
Analyst confirms Wii shortages for US

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst confirms Wii shortages for US

I think what this shows is that Nintendo is up to their old tricks again. They are purposefully undershipping to create artificial demand.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I think what this shows is that Nintendo is up to their old tricks again. They are purposefully undershipping to create artificial demand.

Exactly. Nintendo are geniuses.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Let us also not forget that they refused to give us a new 2D Mario game for nearly two decades to build up an enormous pent up demand. Nintendo are indeed geniuses.

NSMB Wii isn't even that good of a game when you think about it. I mean, come on. 'Splosion Man is way better.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Nightsurge is probably right. We heard very few reports of Wii shortages in December other than Gamestop complaining about that blizzard on the east coast. It's probably just stores clearing out inventory in anticipation of the black Wiis.



Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Nightsurge is probably right. We heard very few reports of Wii shortages in December other than Gamestop complaining about that blizzard on the east coast. It's probably just stores clearing out inventory in anticipation of the black Wiis.

Black Wii's aren't going to replace white Wii's, so there is no reason to clear out stock. If they were, they cleared out stock a little too fast considering the shortages have been for the last couple of weeks.



A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kim Possible isn't even that good of a cartoon when you think about it. I mean, come on. Phineas and Ferb is way better.

Mmmh exploitable.



RolStoppable said:
Let us also not forget that they refused to give us a new 2D Mario game for nearly two decades to build up an enormous pent up demand. Nintendo are indeed geniuses.

NSMB Wii isn't even that good of a game when you think about it. I mean, come on. 'Splosion Man is way better.

It must have hurt you terribly to be away for that topic



alfredofroylan, you are one of those members who hate me for no good reason. At least I don't remember any instance where I insulted you, your family, your favorite games, your beliefs or your religion. I also never played Mario Kart Wii against you.

But fine. If you want it the hard way, you'll get it. I officially declare war.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Someone is a month behind in their jokes.


Every year, the Wii has huge shortages in January, they usually ran out of consoles in December. Nothing surprising except the huge amount that was in stock to begin with.



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Someone is a month behind in their jokes.


Every year, the Wii has huge shortages in January, they usually ran out of consoles in December. Nothing surprising except the huge amount that was in stock to begin with.

except in the previous years there were shortages leading up into November/December. This year there were no shortages from around March on. Had Nintendo not cut their production this year there wouldn't be any shortages (well, unless they managed to sell another 1-2m in December)




If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)