Quantcast
When does Sony reach the point of no return in Japan?

Forums - Sales Discussion - When does Sony reach the point of no return in Japan?

Sony won't die if they "fail" in Japan - but if the same spreads to all three territories, then there could be trouble. According to Sony, they are happy with the current PSP performance - so maybe they will be happy with the same level of competitiveness from the PS3 v Wii. It also depends on other parts of the company, BluRay, etc. Even if the PS3 does (relatively) flunk, it won't impact Sony that much if BluRay becomes dominant they reap the rewards from that. PS - there is ZERO chance that DQ X will come out for the PS3 - and -1000% cahnce it comes out for the PS3 exclusively. At this stage, I'd say 85% chance for the DS (depends on the DQ DS sales - Joker is doing pretty well...), and 15% for the Wii. I wouldn't even try to hope for it - its about as likely as an exclusive release for the 360 ;) (what they may do it various spin off games instead..)



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

call them crap if you will hus but your saying the ps3 will start taking over once good jap. games start coming out on it. Unfortunately for sony thats what nintendo do best and ninty haven't even released any software that they no will sell like hotcakes in japan(not including wii sports and play as they were unproven system sellers before they where released)



looks like "hus" is frustrated because the wii is selling well iam really amused



Vienna said: looks like "hus" is frustrated because the wii is selling well iam really amused
fads always dominate the market... then they dies a fast death.



Hus said: Vienna said: looks like "hus" is frustrated because the wii is selling well iam really amused fads always dominate the market... then they dies a fast death.
I give up. (points to top of main page and yells) scoreboard



Around the Network

sorry - can someone explain me the word "fad" ? fad in german language means boring ... but in english ?



jstam said: call them crap if you will hus but your saying the ps3 will start taking over once good jap. games start coming out on it. Unfortunately for sony thats what nintendo do best and ninty haven't even released any software that they no will sell like hotcakes in japan(not including wii sports and play as they were unproven system sellers before they where released)
didnt the past two NIn console have the same stuff.



Vienna said: sorry - can someone explain me the word "fad" ? fad in german language means boring ... but in english ?
A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time; a craze.



Hus said: Vienna said: looks like "hus" is frustrated because the wii is selling well iam really amused fads always dominate the market... then they dies a fast death.
how many times has that happened to a game console? Also the Wii sold 131,000 games this week while PS3 sold 26,000, nice argument. Wii didn't even have a game released this week. Not only that but there have been many weeks where PS3 hardware outsells the software. For example week ending January 21st PS3 sells 24,000 systems and 21,500 games. In comparison that week Wii sold 200,000 games and 86,000 systems. Just for fun we could also look at overall software sales with wii at 4,380,000 while PS3 has 1,078,000. Oh, and the gap doesn't seem to be closing. But apparently people are only buying the box.



currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hus said: jstam said: call them crap if you will hus but your saying the ps3 will start taking over once good jap. games start coming out on it. Unfortunately for sony thats what nintendo do best and ninty haven't even released any software that they no will sell like hotcakes in japan(not including wii sports and play as they were unproven system sellers before they where released) didnt the past two NIn console have the same stuff.
Didn't the last two playstations sell better?