Quantcast
Anyone believe or hope Microsoft will leave the videogame business?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone believe or hope Microsoft will leave the videogame business?

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 



Around the Network
Jay520 said:

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 


that won't happen either. Sony's first 4 yr's on the market sells wise(with PS3) is still better then 360's first 4yr's Sony's playing catch up to MS 5th yr sells. Sony is only a half yr behind MS and the 360 if not less.

besides  PS2 has sold 80m units sense this gen started. check the thread PS2 is second place this gen)

 

long story short neither is going anywhere. the only way MS would leave is if they see know money or it takes away from there bottom line. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry.





"even a dead god still dreams"

 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 


that won't happen either. Sony's first 4 yr's on the market sells wise(with PS3) is still better then 360's first 4yr's Sony's playing catch up to MS 5th yr sells. Sony is only a half yr behind MS and the 360 if not less.

besides  PS2 has sold 80m units sense this gen started. check the thread PS2 is second place this gen)

 

long story short neither is going anywhere. the only way MS would leave is if they see know money or it takes away from there bottom line. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry.

"Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry."

Nintendo have never "bled dry" .. or made a loss.



 

this topic is so juvenile...if M$ wants to stay in the videogame biz they're more than welcome to.  As a self proclaimed Nintendo fan I welcome M$ to the industry as their presence helped better Nintendo and Sony with their games and quality as a whole.  More competition the better for all gamers!!!



Around the Network
dahuman said:

No, though I'm done paying for Live, so I don't see myself using their consoles in the future, but I see no reason for them to stop.


Just because you don`t want to use Xbox Live anymore doesn`t mean your system is suddenly unusable you know. Just curious but is roughly $4 a month too much for you for superior online gaming(better matchmaking, more secure networking, more community related features, daily updates in the Inside Xbox channel, very well streamlined, deals of the week, week early demo access etc.)?  Thats like paying for one freshly made burger per month. If it is too much for you thats fine. Just don`t talk like not having Live like its the end of th world as far as Xbox goes. You can still enjoy a plethora of single player experiences or split screen multiplayer.



 How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

 Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
dahuman said:

No, though I'm done paying for Live, so I don't see myself using their consoles in the future, but I see no reason for them to stop.


Just because you don`t want to use Xbox Live anymore doesn`t mean your system is suddenly unusable you know. Just curious but is roughly $4 a month too much for you for superior online gaming(better matchmaking, more secure networking, more community related features, daily updates in the Inside Xbox channel, very well streamlined, deals of the week, week early demo access etc.)?  Thats like paying for one freshly made burger per month. If it is too much for you thats fine. Just don`t talk like not having Live like its the end of th world as far as Xbox goes. You can still enjoy a plethora of single player experiences or split screen multiplayer.


Paying for advanced optional features, if one wants them, could be totally fine, what many people don't accept is having to pay for basic multiplayer features that are free on the other consoles and on PCs.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 


that won't happen either. Sony's first 4 yr's on the market sells wise(with PS3) is still better then 360's first 4yr's Sony's playing catch up to MS 5th yr sells. Sony is only a half yr behind MS and the 360 if not less.

besides  PS2 has sold 80m units sense this gen started. check the thread PS2 is second place this gen)

 

long story short neither is going anywhere. the only way MS would leave is if they see know money or it takes away from there bottom line. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry.

"Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry."

Nintendo have never "bled dry" .. or made a loss.

i was saying that they would if they had to. never said they made a loss. twisting my words. they did sell gamecube at a loss. well a $1 loss but it was a loss.

pay attention to the word would not what you want to read.

 

(Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before) i was referencing the fact that Nintendo lost the 5th and sixth gen's.



MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 


that won't happen either. Sony's first 4 yr's on the market sells wise(with PS3) is still better then 360's first 4yr's Sony's playing catch up to MS 5th yr sells. Sony is only a half yr behind MS and the 360 if not less.

besides  PS2 has sold 80m units sense this gen started. check the thread PS2 is second place this gen)

 

long story short neither is going anywhere. the only way MS would leave is if they see know money or it takes away from there bottom line. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry.

"Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry."

Nintendo have never "bled dry" .. or made a loss.

i was saying that they would if they had to. never said they made a loss. twisting my words. they did sell gamecube at a loss. well a $1 loss but it was a loss.

pay attention to the word would not what you want to read.

 

(Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before) i was referencing the fact that Nintendo lost the 5th and sixth gen's.

You're using Nintendo's past 2 gens as an example of something, and it's irrelevent and not needed, doesn't matter if they came 3rd, they made money.

Also, you're assuming they would bleed dry, Nintendo are a different company to Sony, I don't believe they would continue with a console losing bilions after it's first year (they'd never get in that state anyway)



 

Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Jay520 said:

No, as long as they don't force SONY out of the industry. I sort of dislike them because of the 360 kicking PS3's butt in sales. I sometimes get paranoid and think they're going to dominate and force SONY out of the business. That makes me dislike them since PS3 is my favorite console. 


that won't happen either. Sony's first 4 yr's on the market sells wise(with PS3) is still better then 360's first 4yr's Sony's playing catch up to MS 5th yr sells. Sony is only a half yr behind MS and the 360 if not less.

besides  PS2 has sold 80m units sense this gen started. check the thread PS2 is second place this gen)

 

long story short neither is going anywhere. the only way MS would leave is if they see know money or it takes away from there bottom line. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry.

"Sony and Nintendo on the other hand would bleed dry (Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before)to stay in this industry."

Nintendo have never "bled dry" .. or made a loss.

i was saying that they would if they had to. never said they made a loss. twisting my words. they did sell gamecube at a loss. well a $1 loss but it was a loss.

pay attention to the word would not what you want to read.

 

(Sony this gen Nintendo 2 or 3 gens before) i was referencing the fact that Nintendo lost the 5th and sixth gen's.

You're using Nintendo's past 2 gens as an example of something, and it's irrelevent and not needed, doesn't matter if they came 3rd, they made money.

Also, you're assuming they would bleed dry, Nintendo are a different company to Sony, I don't believe they would continue with a console losing bilions after it's first year (they'd never get in that state anyway)


it's irrelevant to you. doesn't matter whether you believe they would or not. look this is not a debate or arguing point. i'm simply stating Sony and Nintendo have a commitment to this industry and they would try everything to stay in.

you're shooting my comments down for no reason. you act as if i'm blasting a company i grew up on. i'm hurt and insulted by your accusation. 

i'm using Nintendo's last 2 gen's to show that they won't leave and they and Sony would spend every dime to stay in this industry. the reason i'm using Nintendo in the 5th and 6th gen's is relevant to this to show that with commitment you will over come and thats what Nintendo has done this gen. 

taking my words out of context is no way to debate or win a argument.

the same could be said for MS. why get in just to find a way out? can you see this thread is pointless?

P.S never say never.