Quantcast
PS3 record launch in France - 78,000 in two days!

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 record launch in France - 78,000 in two days!

"PS3 launch sucked in France was in a local store and they hade like 7ps3s"



 
Around the Network

http://www.cnetfrance.fr/news/home-cinema/39368222-3800004062t/demarrage-en-trombe-pour-les-ventes-de-la-ps3-de-sony.htm ;)



Things arent set in stone , ok it would be a first but i reckon its very possible because of two reasons firstly different markets and differing success make it possible ie ps3 big in Europe not in US . Also i believe the wii will be replaced in 2009 with something more powerfull though i expect the control method will stick . Hey records are there to be beaten and if that means a tie so be it .



Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

The Joker said: What's a better sign of demand, selling 75k of 75k or selling 78k of 100k?
Well selling 75k of 75k means there is still demand for more than 75k, how much more is of course difficult to say (could just be demand for 78k, could be 1 million). Selling 78k out of 100k essentially lets you know where your demand is, satiated at 78k. The GameCube sold huge numbers back in 2001, 730k in the US in 12 days without sellouts if I recall correctly. Then it sold 570k in 31 days, then 62k in 31 days. Europe is a much bigger Playstation market than America was a Nintendo market so it's not surprising initial sales would be good. If they were as bad as launch night made them seem then it would have been good bye Sony. This is all pending actual numbers not Sony boasts though it's not super-critical. If Sony sold 400k or 800k is that all that different? Neither is a sell out which along with the PS3's decent start and quick decline in the US and Japan would indicate lackluster sales to come. We'll need more time to spot the trend. Here and in Japan we have 4 months so we can start seeing the trend, well need more data points from Europe before anything definitive can be said. Inevitably what's most important is how well it does versus the competition. A seriously supply constrained Wii sold 800k over 23 days in PALand while and a very much in supply PS3 will probably pass that in its first 23 days it has to be remembered that the PS2 outsold the GameCube 8:1 in PALand. An in supply PS3 slightly beating a supply constrained Wii is little cause for celebration in the Sony camp at any rate. Especially since the PS3 is being beat 4:1 in Japan and 3:1 in the US in the latest sales figures. It is becoming ever clearer that regardless of what happens in Europe Sony isn't going 3 for 3 again. No matter how much Sony and its fanboys want to spin it, given the success of the PS1 & 2, anything less than 3 for 3 is a loss for Sony.



It was a rhetorical question, but thanks for expanding on it.



Around the Network

Europe still hasn't sold out - 600k units since launch is still below what I lot of people where predicting (I thought closer to 750k). The first mill is always the easiest - 360 has 3.5m, and Wii has 1.8m in Europe. A long way to go yet - give it a month, then we can discuss Europe figures :)



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

jaspey said: anyway... does this mean: USA = xbox360 Japan = Wii EU = PS3? Can be a fun war --------- No it means it's extremely early in the day in all regions.



baxter said: jaspey said: anyway... does this mean: USA = xbox360 Japan = Wii EU = PS3? Can be a fun war --------- No it means it's extremely early in the day in all regions. USA = ps3 as well. It is just a matter of time before ps3 regains the top spot. although Wii could come second no doubt. JAPAN also belongs to ps3. Just wait for the releases of MGS4 ,FF13. The sales would jump tenfold. HOT SHOTS GOLF should also boost ps3 sales there
And here we come again with a washimul witch hunt. (And don't tell me you're not washimul.)




gamingdevil said: baxter said: jaspey said: anyway... does this mean: USA = xbox360 Japan = Wii EU = PS3? Can be a fun war --------- No it means it's extremely early in the day in all regions. USA = ps3 as well. It is just a matter of time before ps3 regains the top spot. although Wii could come second no doubt. JAPAN also belongs to ps3. Just wait for the releases of MGS4 ,FF13. The sales would jump tenfold. HOT SHOTS GOLF should also boost ps3 sales thereAnd here we come again with a washimul witch hunt. (And don't tell me you're not washimul.)
i am not. are u nazayaz razakarer zaroz shantan anyone who supports SONY is WASHIMUL according to you kuttarbaccha.



baxter said: gamingdevil said: baxter said: jaspey said: anyway... does this mean: USA = xbox360 Japan = Wii EU = PS3? Can be a fun war --------- No it means it's extremely early in the day in all regions. USA = ps3 as well. It is just a matter of time before ps3 regains the top spot. although Wii could come second no doubt. JAPAN also belongs to ps3. Just wait for the releases of MGS4 ,FF13. The sales would jump tenfold. HOT SHOTS GOLF should also boost ps3 sales thereAnd here we come again with a washimul witch hunt. (And don't tell me you're not washimul.) i am not. are u nazayaz razakarer zaroz shantan anyone who supports SONY is WASHIMUL according to you kuttarbaccha.
no but... a) same writing style, b) same comparison of PS3 and X-Box 360 in japan... you just can't hide urself kiddo...