Quantcast
Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

who cares about that silly game.


I CARE BECAUSE IT WILL OUTSELL LOST ODYSSEY THIS WEEK

just curious, that matters, why?


because i have a thread called Valkyria Chronicles vs Lost Odyssey with sales



Around the Network

New Super Mario Bros. Wii... this game is huge.

Can't wait to see what numbers it'll put it this week WW! Oh, and all but confirms that the game has another million selling week, making it 4 weeks in a row. And seeing as it only needs 50k in Japan to get the 5th week too, I'm sensing that we're gonna see one heck of a record!



ZuZayLi said:
Inazuma has good legs and is going to be a million seller (even more than the other Level5 game Layton 4), which is a big surprise. The first one sold 350k I think.
Congrats to Level5. Please translate this game to us.
Holy sh.. at NSMB and Tomodatchi Collection. NSMB DS sold another 30k, which is crazy!
Glad to see Wii Sport Resort in the top 10, it deserves its sales.
FXIII: expected the big drop, sad news for SqEx.
Glad to own Taiko no Tatsujin games but the first one has better songs than the second one.
I'm expecting in the future a Taiko no Tatsujin PS3 with downloadable songs!
Zelda DS began slowly unfortunately... 300k is bad

Zelda has never been that popular in Japan, especially compared to the west. So 300k is a pretty good start for it.

FF13 is dropping like a rock, which is to be expected. I'm suprised it's already down to 4 though as I was thinking it would be at #3, but Tomodachi Collection is having a stellar legs.

Smeags said:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii... this game is huge.

Can't wait to see what numbers it'll put it this week WW! Oh, and all but confirms that the game has another million selling week, making it 4 weeks in a row. And seeing as it only needs 50k in Japan to get the 5th week too, I'm sensing that we're gonna see one heck of a record!

Well the game released later in Japan compared to the Americas/Europe, so these numbers will be week #4 for the game in Japan. (which should be +500k)




starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

who cares about that silly game.


I CARE BECAUSE IT WILL OUTSELL LOST ODYSSEY THIS WEEK

just curious, that matters, why?


because i have a thread called Valkyria Chronicles vs Lost Odyssey with sales

yeah I'm kinda curious about that too, like, why? I mean I have VC and I love that game but it's SRPG so I don't even know how it can be compared to Lost Odyssey. Just kinda confused and need some explaination.



I don't know but usually famitsu numbers are the "high end" of the jappannesse preview on vgchartz



Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Soriku said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
bmmb1 said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

Actually I seem to recall reading that VC in the US are (or were?) largely overtracked when compared to NPD numbers.


wait for the annual update of NPD


NPD had it at 130k LTD last time...I don't see the game changing much when it comes to NPD. I really think the game is largely overtracked here...

lol at Tomadatchi.


sorry to dissapoint you but this was from last year

nope: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?s=412e91f2fa14d4894de1abfa52bfb3b3&p=12911953&postcount=1277



dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

who cares about that silly game.


I CARE BECAUSE IT WILL OUTSELL LOST ODYSSEY THIS WEEK

just curious, that matters, why?


because i have a thread called Valkyria Chronicles vs Lost Odyssey with sales

yeah I'm kinda curious about that too, like, why? I mean I have VC and I love that game but it's SRPG so I don't even know how it can be compared to Lost Odyssey. Just kinda confused and need some explaination.

Strategy rpgs can be  japanese role play games(JRPG) as  action rpg are as all rpg can be jrpgsJRPG means japanese rpg and SRPG means strategy rpg they are both rpgs from japan by jp developers and they are in one category srpg is in jrpg

This is kinda disappointing. Hoping for a decent numbers for FF.



smbu2000 said:
Smeags said:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii... this game is huge.

Can't wait to see what numbers it'll put it this week WW! Oh, and all but confirms that the game has another million selling week, making it 4 weeks in a row. And seeing as it only needs 50k in Japan to get the 5th week too, I'm sensing that we're gonna see one heck of a record!

Well the game released later in Japan compared to the Americas/Europe, so these numbers will be week #4 for the game in Japan. (which should be +500k)

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. This week's Japanese #'s will be accounted for WW week #4 (guaranteed over a million) and next week's Japan #'s will be for WW week #5 (only needs 50K to achieve 1 million). Pretty neat I'd say.



ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

who cares about that silly game.


I CARE BECAUSE IT WILL OUTSELL LOST ODYSSEY THIS WEEK

just curious, that matters, why?


because i have a thread called Valkyria Chronicles vs Lost Odyssey with sales

yeah I'm kinda curious about that too, like, why? I mean I have VC and I love that game but it's SRPG so I don't even know how it can be compared to Lost Odyssey. Just kinda confused and need some explaination.

Strategy rpgs can be  japanese role play games(JRPG) as  action rpg are as all rpg can be jrpgsJRPG means japanese rpg and SRPG means strategy rpg they are both rpgs from japan by jp developers and they are in one category srpg is in jrpg

That's like saying WRPGs are RPGs just as JRPGs are RPGs even though they have different style and game play so they should just all fit in one category of RPGs and we should be then comparing Mass Effect to Valkyria Chronicles too. Point is Lost Odyssey and VC are very different games no matter who made them or where they came out from. I'm happy that VC is still selling personally, just don't exactly see the connections is all I'm getting at.