Quantcast
Was it worth going multiplat? Tekken 6

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth going multiplat? Tekken 6

Rob6021 said:
Do you guys think the same fate will await FFXIII? Both Playstation brand exclusives, Playstation 3 exclusive announced, multi-platform announced later on in development. I do seriously think FFXIII may have trouble right now, this game will need to blow everyone away to sell - Tekken didn't, and Tekken seems more tailored for 360's audience.

WTF is wrong with you? Tekken is tailored for everyone who is a fan of the game. That is pretty much it. I swear if the game isn't a PS3 exclusive you guys riot. This is the next step past Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, so I have absolutely no idea what youu're talking about.



Around the Network
Staude said:
Dgc1808 said:

Should have stayed exclusive.

Would have came earlier and gotten better reviews because of that. I also think it would have sold more as an exclusive.

EDIT: Also like to add that TekkenDR sold over 2Million on the PSP... 

This

 

 

Also, the game is awesome. Stop being haters.

 

@kyliedog yea and added some actual dept to the game. Soul calibur was a huge let down when it came to it's story mode....

It's funny you say this because saying the game should be exclusive is being a hater. Tekken 6 is an arcade game first and foremost and whatever system it goes on gets seconds. The Playstation brand might have had Tekken for a long time exclusively on consoles  but times have changed. Roll with it. This is why I cant wait to destroy every VGChartz PS3 fanboy in here on the PS3. Most of you guys aren't even real fans (not saying you, but most people talking about the game).



If Namco wasn't too busy being money hatted by Micro$oft then they would have found the solution that would have made their pockets and everybody happy. Released the game in 2008 for PS3 then ported the game for X360 and released it 2009. They would have gotten all those huge sales numbers from PS3 and also gotten the smidge of sales from X360. The fans would have loved them and they would have profited.

The trouble is, Micro$oft is too smart and too rich for the optimal solution to have been reached. Micro$oft probably paid extra just to delay the PS3 version from being released and also to make it so that both versions were equal. Don't you just love Micro$oft? Always fucking around with their competitor's customers.



Dismal sales for a dismal game. Much better fighting games on the market nowadays.



Meh fighting games, The only fighting game I want is a DOA 5. Multiplat or not....I want it.



 

Around the Network
code.samurai said:

If Namco wasn't too busy being money hatted by Micro$oft then they would have found the solution that would have made their pockets and everybody happy. Released the game in 2008 for PS3 then ported the game for X360 and released it 2009. They would have gotten all those huge sales numbers from PS3 and also gotten the smidge of sales from X360. The fans would have loved them and they would have profited.

The trouble is, Micro$oft is too smart and too rich for the optimal solution to have been reached. Micro$oft probably paid extra just to delay the PS3 version from being released and also to make it so that both versions were equal. Don't you just love Micro$oft? Always fucking around with their competitor's customers.

Have you ever thought that the reason Namco made this decision was because they saw the sales parity of Soulcalibur IV and realized a one console approach with a late port to the other might be a mistake? It would seem to me if Microsoft was going to throw money at Namco they would have done what they did with Namco a dozen other times and get a year of exclusivity on the title. Isn't that what happened with Ace Combat, Katamari, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Culdcept Saga, etc.?

I can't imagine if a year delay and going multiplatform is what caused the fans to up and leave that Tekken ever had any fans at all. I don't expect Final Fantasy XIII to take a gigantic hit in sales because of it. Why? The series has fans. Fans stick around. I know it may come as difficult to believe, but maybe Tekken is just dying out and that's why it's selling like it is.



Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.



S.T.A.G.E. Went there!



S.T.A.G.E. said:
Staude said:
Dgc1808 said:

Should have stayed exclusive.

Would have came earlier and gotten better reviews because of that. I also think it would have sold more as an exclusive.

EDIT: Also like to add that TekkenDR sold over 2Million on the PSP... 

This

 

 

Also, the game is awesome. Stop being haters.

 

@kyliedog yea and added some actual dept to the game. Soul calibur was a huge let down when it came to it's story mode....

It's funny you say this because saying the game should be exclusive is being a hater. Tekken 6 is an arcade game first and foremost and whatever system it goes on gets seconds. The Playstation brand might have had Tekken for a long time exclusively on consoles  but times have changed. Roll with it. This is why I cant wait to destroy every VGChartz PS3 fanboy in here on the PS3. Most of you guys aren't even real fans (not saying you, but most people talking about the game).

The game should have remained a exclusive because of the three following things.

1. More focus.

2. Earlier release

3. Hype.

 

How am I a hater of the game when all I do is defend it ?

Also I am a real fan. Sure I'm not insanely good at it but I concider tekken 6 the best installment in the series yet, not to mention a fantastic game.

I have all tekken games. I'm the definition of a fan. Even if i'm a casual player.



Check out my game about moles ^

Onyxmeth said:
code.samurai said:

If Namco wasn't too busy being money hatted by Micro$oft then they would have found the solution that would have made their pockets and everybody happy. Released the game in 2008 for PS3 then ported the game for X360 and released it 2009. They would have gotten all those huge sales numbers from PS3 and also gotten the smidge of sales from X360. The fans would have loved them and they would have profited.

The trouble is, Micro$oft is too smart and too rich for the optimal solution to have been reached. Micro$oft probably paid extra just to delay the PS3 version from being released and also to make it so that both versions were equal. Don't you just love Micro$oft? Always fucking around with their competitor's customers.

Have you ever thought that the reason Namco made this decision was because they saw the sales parity of Soulcalibur IV and realized a one console approach with a late port to the other might be a mistake? It would seem to me if Microsoft was going to throw money at Namco they would have done what they did with Namco a dozen other times and get a year of exclusivity on the title. Isn't that what happened with Ace Combat, Katamari, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Culdcept Saga, etc.?

I can't imagine if a year delay and going multiplatform is what caused the fans to up and leave that Tekken ever had any fans at all. I don't expect Final Fantasy XIII to take a gigantic hit in sales because of it. Why? The series has fans. Fans stick around. I know it may come as difficult to believe, but maybe Tekken is just dying out and that's why it's selling like it is.

I never think about SCIV and Tekken comparisons, they're never spot on anyway.  SC has been more of Namco's multiplatform offering.  Anyway as you can see from the 1st week sales of both games, it is clear that fighting games is dying only in X360.  Maybe you've considered that it's because of their controller?  Nah you're right it must be the genre itself.  It's not like SF4, KoF and BlazBlue sold significantly more on PS3 than in X360 right?

Being a PS3 owner, I can honestly say that I tend to view multiplatform games to be of lower quality than exclusive games.  Not because I think PS3 is better but because the developers don't have to make them equal according to some clause that Micro$oft put in their fucking contract. (Pardon the french, I just hate Micro$oft's dirty business practices) With that said, I tend not to buy a game if it's multiplatform.

As for sales in general of this I am certain, if they released Tekken 6 with the game engine they had back in 2008 they would have moved PS3 hardware and would have sold significantly more over the period of time that it took to make the game multiplatform.  I also bet it would have looked way better than the X360 version.  Just look at the opening video for Tekken6:BR (included in the game) the video of the arcade version looks a lot better than the game itself.

 



Onyxmeth said:
KylieDog said:
Onyxmeth said:
KylieDog said:
They should have kept it exclusive and released it 18 months ago.

They should have released it two months before Soulcalibur IV? That doesn't seem all that smart.

 

Then they could have delayed SC IV and fixed the shitty issues with it.

Ah gotcha. So they should delay a game that got released on time because you feel it was unfinished, but on the other hand you wanted them to release another game of the same genre 18 months earlier than anticipated and you don't expect to get the same shoddy results, if not worse ones?

 

Tekken 6 would have been fine and the same as it is if it released 18 months ago.  Is the 360 version that has caused the delays since they didn't decide on it until the PS3 version near finished.



________________________________________________________________