Quantcast
President of Gearbox questions Valves lack of PS3 support.

Forums - Sony Discussion - President of Gearbox questions Valves lack of PS3 support.

themanwithnoname said:
Blood_Tears said:
1337 Gamer said:
Let valve do what they want. They have the Talent and Catalog of games for us not to question them. It sucks for PS3 owners but any real gamer will have a gaming PC or a 360 to back it up.

Valve = Best developer of all time so their "arrogance" is completley valid.


Can you share some of that Valve kool-aid, or did you drink it all?

I don't see what's wrong with that comment, I'm sure many people would agree actually.

You gotta love the PS3 folks slagging off on Valve, but hey, these are the same guys who have no problem with Sony/Insomniac lovefest as well as Kojima (up until a few months ago), but hey, when one developer doesn't want to develop for the PS3, shame on those lazy bastards!

 

I'm not sure if your singling me out as these "PS3 folks" or not but i just finished downloading the demo for L4D2 not more then 5 minutes ago. I am just a gamer who thinks Valve is "okay" at best. Yes i have played there games, but opinions vary. I am not in the "love fest" as you say for Valve.

As for the Insomniac statement, earlier posts addressed that. They don't slander the 360 like Valve does the PS3. It's all PR talk and Valve does it to themselves. Much like Activation's CEO gets a bad rep for being an ass, he brings it on himself. Insomniac shuts there mouth for the most part and makes games.

That's the only thing i hate about this gen is the runnin of the mouth every day to get the fanboys all up in arms. Whether it's a ps3 dev saying there game can't be done on 360, or Aaron Greenburg insulting Sony. I actually repect Insomniac for like i said, there mostly quiet and make a good game every yr. Call me crazy, call me a fanboy,  but like i said opinions vary and i think Valve talks too much, and make themselves look like a whiny little b***h.

 



Around the Network

Naughty dog is the best devs of all time!!! no1 is allowed to disagree with me cause opinion=fact according to Themanwithnoname....God I love this site.



Blood_Tears said:
themanwithnoname said:
Blood_Tears said:
1337 Gamer said:
Let valve do what they want. They have the Talent and Catalog of games for us not to question them. It sucks for PS3 owners but any real gamer will have a gaming PC or a 360 to back it up.

Valve = Best developer of all time so their "arrogance" is completley valid.


Can you share some of that Valve kool-aid, or did you drink it all?

I don't see what's wrong with that comment, I'm sure many people would agree actually.

You gotta love the PS3 folks slagging off on Valve, but hey, these are the same guys who have no problem with Sony/Insomniac lovefest as well as Kojima (up until a few months ago), but hey, when one developer doesn't want to develop for the PS3, shame on those lazy bastards!

 

I'm not sure if your singling me out as these "PS3 folks" or not but i just finished downloading the demo for L4D2 not more then 5 minutes ago. I am just a gamer who thinks Valve is "okay" at best. Yes i have played there games, but opinions vary. I am not in the "love fest" as you say for Valve.

As for the Insomniac statement, earlier posts addressed that. They don't slander the 360 like Valve does the PS3. It's all PR talk and Valve does it to themselves. Much like Activation's CEO gets a bad rep for being an ass, he brings it on himself. Insomniac shuts there mouth for the most part and makes games.

That's the only thing i hate about this gen is the runnin of the mouth every day to get the fanboys all up in arms. Whether it's a ps3 dev saying there game can't be done on 360, or Aaron Greenburg insulting Sony. I actually repect Insomniac for like i said, there mostly quiet and make a good game every yr. Call me crazy, call me a fanboy,  but like i said opinions vary and i think Valve talks too much, and make themselves look like a whiny little b***h.

 

No, that was an aside, not directed at you, but I don't think it's extremely shocking for someone to say Valve is the best developer.

Meh, it happens on the PS3 side too. I can't tell you how many times I have to read "Hey, our game is only possible on the PS3!" I'm not sure if that's Insomniac, but whoever it is needs to shut the hell up. That's ego boosting, chest thumping, whatever else you wanna call it, and it's something Sony and devs have brought up I don't know how many times this generation, and don't use "well, it's true" as a defense. It may very well be true, but their goal is not to go out there and state facts, it's to pat themselves and Sony/devs on the back and taking a shot at the other consoles.



themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Naughty dog is the best devs of all time!!! no1 is allowed to disagree with me cause opinion=fact according to Themanwithnoname....God I love this site.

Really dude? Go look at Valve's games and tell me a bad one. I said it wasn't farfetched for someone to say they were the best developer. I don't own a Valve game, and haven't spent more than a few hours playing one, so stop trying to put freaking words in my mouth...God I love this site. How about you try reading what someone says before attacking them, oh wait, we don't do that on this site!



themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

kaz said that valve is best dev of all time (opinion)

blood _ tears disagree(opinion)

you came questioning blood _ tears his opinion then adding some ps3 fanboi insult that seems directed at him just cause valve doesn't like ps3.



Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Xoj said:
well i think it's true valve statement this gen have been nothing of fanboyish.
we have seen ps3 it's capable for, it's not them not able to do it, just closet minded to actually do it.

if they still can't do it, it's probably for the same reason gabe can't loose weight.

Hmmmmm......I wonder where insomniac fits into this...

It's called being on Sony's payroll. It really is pathetic when people try to compare Valve's lack of developing on other platforms to Sony's second party over and over again, like it's a logical argument.

Hey, why didn't Lionhead Studios produce games for other platforms besides the Xbox, before 2006? Microsoft didn't own them then, but they were a SECOND PARTY STUDIO at the time. That means I should have criticized them for not making games for other systems back then....even though their games were paid for by Microsoft.

Truly, a pathetic argument with regard to this topic. 



XxXProphecyXxX said:
kaz said that valve is best dev of all time (opinion)

blood _ tears disagree(opinion)

you came questioning blood _ tears his opinion then adding some ps3 fanboi insult that seems directed at him just cause valve doesn't like ps3.

Nope, maybe you should read my earlier post...



themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Boneitis said:
It seems like Valve has had more success on the 360 than any other console. We also know its more expensive to develop for the PS3 and shooters tend to sell less.

I think it makes perfect sense why Valve would side with the 360. And for the record Borderlands first week sales were terrible. That hardly encourages Valve to support the PS3.

It's the only console they have developed for this generation.....

You can't compare Valve's success with the 360...to nothing



XxXProphecyXxX said:
kaz said that valve is best dev of all time (opinion)

blood _ tears disagree(opinion)

you came questioning blood _ tears his opinion then adding some ps3 fanboi insult that seems directed at him just cause valve doesn't like ps3.

Valve , hate em or love em, are a top 3 developer in any gamers head......the accomplishments they have made are nothing short of amazing and as such are definetely high up the totem of developers.

Naughty Dog isnt , they may be your favourite but they are far from the best as long as Valve , Blizzard , Bungie , Epic , Kojima Productions , Bioware , Nintendo etc. exist.

 

Let me give you an analogy , The Toronto Raptors are my favourite team but they are far from the best team in the NBA.



N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
kaz said that valve is best dev of all time (opinion)

blood _ tears disagree(opinion)

you came questioning blood _ tears his opinion then adding some ps3 fanboi insult that seems directed at him just cause valve doesn't like ps3.

Valve , hate em or love em, are a top 3 developer in any gamers head......the accomplishments they have made are nothing short of amazing and as such are definetely high up the totem of developers.

Naughty Dog isnt , they may be your favourite but they are far from the best as long as Valve , Blizzard , Bungie , Epic , Kojima Productions , Bioware , Nintendo etc. exist.

 

Let me give you an analogy , The Toronto Raptors are my favourite team but they are far from the best team in the NBA.


Damn, I live in toronto and even I don't like the raptors...