Quantcast
FFXIII to be bundled with the PS3 for the Japanese release

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII to be bundled with the PS3 for the Japanese release

Yeah those will mean good sales.



 

   PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

 

Around the Network

Ohh shit!!! Gt5 and ff13+PS3 = Ballin



i wish there was a 250GB gt5 that would be very cool.
PS3 sales in japan will spike really high with FF13 comes out.
It IS the next gen Final Fantasy after all.



Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

 


It's so weird hearing Kaz without his Engrish accent... he seems a lot more human (and older O.o) than a stereotype.



S.T.A.G.E. said:

As much as I hate Kaz Hirai this is the nail in the coffin for 360 in Japan. When Sony bundles a hot third party title it usually sells extremely well in the region it is destined for. It happened this gen with MGS4 increasing PS3 sales 180% in 2008. Sony has already had a 200%+ increase in sales with the price cut. Microsoft needs to pull out of hostile territory...........................now.

It would be horrible decision to leave Japan for MS now. If MS would leave Japan, it would also hurt european ja US sales badly. If they would suddenly announce that they would leave Japan, it would seem to consumers that 360 is doing terribly and their support for it is soon going to be cut and 360 sales would drop like a stone everywhere, even in USA. Consumers don't know much about console sales so news like that would have devastating effect on sales. Statements about continuing support elsewhere would have no effect because few actually trusts MS. And Japanese developers support would also weaken a lot which would affect software support and it would also weaken sales elsewhere. They simply can't leave Japan anymore even if sales are terrible.



Around the Network
Untamoi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As much as I hate Kaz Hirai this is the nail in the coffin for 360 in Japan. When Sony bundles a hot third party title it usually sells extremely well in the region it is destined for. It happened this gen with MGS4 increasing PS3 sales 180% in 2008. Sony has already had a 200%+ increase in sales with the price cut. Microsoft needs to pull out of hostile territory...........................now.

It would be horrible decision to leave Japan for MS now. If MS would leave Japan, it would also hurt european ja US sales badly. If they would suddenly announce that they would leave Japan, it would seem to consumers that 360 is doing terribly and their support for it is soon going to be cut and 360 sales would drop like a stone everywhere, even in USA. Consumers don't know much about console sales so news like that would have devastating effect on sales. Statements about continuing support elsewhere would have no effect because few actually trusts MS. And Japanese developers support would also weaken a lot which would affect software support and it would also weaken sales elsewhere. They simply can't leave Japan anymore even if sales are terrible.

I think you really have a cool and interesting point with the public image. However the most tanglible and quantifiable thing in this situation is money and sales. How much money is MS putting into Japan? How much are they going to get out?

How much value does that public image drop (if it even will) have? Can they simply not make it public and quietly pull back?




Akvod said:
Untamoi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As much as I hate Kaz Hirai this is the nail in the coffin for 360 in Japan. When Sony bundles a hot third party title it usually sells extremely well in the region it is destined for. It happened this gen with MGS4 increasing PS3 sales 180% in 2008. Sony has already had a 200%+ increase in sales with the price cut. Microsoft needs to pull out of hostile territory...........................now.

It would be horrible decision to leave Japan for MS now. If MS would leave Japan, it would also hurt european ja US sales badly. If they would suddenly announce that they would leave Japan, it would seem to consumers that 360 is doing terribly and their support for it is soon going to be cut and 360 sales would drop like a stone everywhere, even in USA. Consumers don't know much about console sales so news like that would have devastating effect on sales. Statements about continuing support elsewhere would have no effect because few actually trusts MS. And Japanese developers support would also weaken a lot which would affect software support and it would also weaken sales elsewhere. They simply can't leave Japan anymore even if sales are terrible.

I think you really have a cool and interesting point with the public image. However the most tanglible and quantifiable thing in this situation is money and sales. How much money is MS putting into Japan? How much are they going to get out?

How much value does that public image drop (if it even will) have? Can they simply not make it public and quietly pull back?

If FFXIII doesn't go to the 360 or no more big JRPG are announced (timed)exclusive for 360, then it might have already begun



"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

               Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000+  80GB DSlite

Untamoi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As much as I hate Kaz Hirai this is the nail in the coffin for 360 in Japan. When Sony bundles a hot third party title it usually sells extremely well in the region it is destined for. It happened this gen with MGS4 increasing PS3 sales 180% in 2008. Sony has already had a 200%+ increase in sales with the price cut. Microsoft needs to pull out of hostile territory...........................now.

It would be horrible decision to leave Japan for MS now. If MS would leave Japan, it would also hurt european ja US sales badly. If they would suddenly announce that they would leave Japan, it would seem to consumers that 360 is doing terribly and their support for it is soon going to be cut and 360 sales would drop like a stone everywhere, even in USA. Consumers don't know much about console sales so news like that would have devastating effect on sales. Statements about continuing support elsewhere would have no effect because few actually trusts MS. And Japanese developers support would also weaken a lot which would affect software support and it would also weaken sales elsewhere. They simply can't leave Japan anymore even if sales are terrible.

You make a good point, and I could see that potentially worrying European gamers a triffle, but I do doubt that in US the average gamer would really worry that much.  The only major negative I see from a US perspective is that the 360 might well lose jRPG support almost totally, closing down the potential gaming demographics it could appeal to.

I do think that the Slim, FFXIII and GT5 are going to sink 360 in Japan in terms of relegating it to a very distant first, and I suspect that unless MS is willing to shell out serious money for the privillage you're going to see less timed exclsuives for games like ToV on 360.

But I don't think MS can pull out - from a simple revenue/cost basis I could see it making sense.  Funding new IPs, contracting for timed exclusives, etc. to scrape to 1M consoles really doesn't make sense - and I suspect if there was a P&L for Japan only for 360 it would be negative.  But in the bigger picture they have to stay there and keep pitching away.

Right now 360 is strong in US, established in Europe and weak in Japan.  If they pull out of Japan then I could see many European countries assuming the same might happen (as per your arguement) leaving the 360 really only entrenched in US by the generations end.

I guess MS will just have to look at Japan as a form of loss leader in their broader efforts globally.

 



Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good news for MS, they will blow out the competition with MW2 sales. The bundle was announced. Big NA win for sure.

so a multiplat game which is a sequel to a game that went huge on the very same consoles (COD4) bundled with xbox 360's will blow the competition out of the water............ok

ALSO STAGE.....your prediction about FF13 not doing 1 million in 1 week.....well why did you do that as a bet?

Finally I agree....this will be BIG for PS3

they should have a FF13 themed ps3....500K of them



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good news for MS, they will blow out the competition with MW2 sales. The bundle was announced. Big NA win for sure.

so a multiplat game which is a sequel to a game that went huge on the very same consoles (COD4) bundled with xbox 360's will blow the competition out of the water............ok

ALSO STAGE.....your prediction about FF13 not doing 1 million in 1 week.....well why did you do that as a bet?

Finally I agree....this will be BIG for PS3

they should have a FF13 themed ps3....500K of them

Its obvious STAGE is FPS blindness and been living under a rock if doesnt know the sucess of FF.

OT: FFXIII to be bundled with PS3? I did not see that coming lol jk.  This will definately sell more than Xbox360's MW2 bundle.