Quantcast
GRAN TURISMO PSP Eurogamer Review -- 7/10 (FALL from grace for GT)?!

Forums - Sony Discussion - GRAN TURISMO PSP Eurogamer Review -- 7/10 (FALL from grace for GT)?!

CGI-Quality said:
ShadowSoldier said:
slowmo said:
Ok carry on with your delusion guys, it's of no concequence to me if you want to prove to everyone how biased your opinions are. The game is at best good and has no chance of getting the AAA status everyone was raving it would be before the reviews started rolling in. You're the same guys who were wowed by the blatant GT5 shots posted in error as PSP probably too.

Just in case you have reading comprehension problems CGI, I clearly stated above average, which most definately implies the game isn't bad. I seem to recall when Halo Wars was getting 7/10 reviews it was considered a horrendous score by many people in this thread.

Whatever you like anyway guys, I think you're all squirrel shit nutty selling your reps down the river for a game that was never going to be anything other than a disappointment given the hype.

I don't recall, Myself, CGI or Jed, riding on the Halo Wars got a 7 its SUCKORS train. You really wanna troll don't you?

He comes in here, starts a problem, insults posters, then claims we're all delusional and biased...?

He also claims he came in here to speak good about the game, claims people are in denial for not seeing that it's an "above average" game, then calls it a disappointment.

There's something wrong with this picture....


Eh, it's expected. This is the same poster who started saying that all the sony fanboys where whiny babies and then proceeded to make baby noises "Wah wah wah" Then when I tell him... "Mocking a crying baby isn't very mature either..." He proceeds to call me the most infamous sony toll on the site...

 

Ahhh, here it is.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2527561



Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
ShadowSoldier said:
slowmo said:
Ok carry on with your delusion guys, it's of no concequence to me if you want to prove to everyone how biased your opinions are. The game is at best good and has no chance of getting the AAA status everyone was raving it would be before the reviews started rolling in. You're the same guys who were wowed by the blatant GT5 shots posted in error as PSP probably too.

Just in case you have reading comprehension problems CGI, I clearly stated above average, which most definately implies the game isn't bad. I seem to recall when Halo Wars was getting 7/10 reviews it was considered a horrendous score by many people in this thread.

Whatever you like anyway guys, I think you're all squirrel shit nutty selling your reps down the river for a game that was never going to be anything other than a disappointment given the hype.

I don't recall, Myself, CGI or Jed, riding on the Halo Wars got a 7 its SUCKORS train. You really wanna troll don't you?

He comes in here, starts a problem, insults posters, then claims we're all delusional and biased...?

He also claims he came in here to speak good about the game, claims people are in denial for not seeing that it's an "above average" game, then calls it a disappointment.

There's something wrong with this picture....


Eh, it's expected. This is the same poster who started saying that all the sony fanboys where whiny babies and then proceeded to make baby noises "Wah wah wah" Then when I tell him... "Mocking a crying baby isn't very mature either..." He proceeds to call me the most infamous sony toll on the site...

Ah well, when people can't argue with facts/reasoning/proof, they usually resort to name calling/labeling/insults. I've grown accustomed to such behavior, don't let it get to you.



                                                                                                                                            

Oniichan said:
After watching that video review and reading the other reviews i can see there is nothing wrong with the game. Its like it is.. a portable GT game. Something you can pickup and play while your out and about. It serves its purpose and is exactly what Kaz said it would be. I think IGN and others were expecting a full blown GT PSP game with all the features of the GT series in a portable device which is what Kaz said its not.

Obviously some reviewers didnt research that before hand. Eitherway its still and will always be a must by for me. October cant come soon enough.


I have no interest in getting this game (Might be different if I had a PSP.. then I'd give it a little more thought... but since I have no means of playing it now I have no interest) Anyway... I'm wondering the same thing. I mean... when he complains about not being able to see if you own the car... that doesn't bother me... but what does sound like it would bother me... yet he really doesn't address all that much nor does he emphasize on it is when he talks about the dealers changing randomly daily... It didn't seem too big of a deal for him though.

 

The way I visioned this game ever since it was announced is just basically a portable farming system to get cars for your GT5 game... and that sounds exactly like it turned out to be.



JEDE3 said:
Oniichan said:
After watching that video review and reading the other reviews i can see there is nothing wrong with the game. Its like it is.. a portable GT game. Something you can pickup and play while your out and about. It serves its purpose and is exactly what Kaz said it would be. I think IGN and others were expecting a full blown GT PSP game with all the features of the GT series in a portable device which is what Kaz said its not.

Obviously some reviewers didnt research that before hand. Eitherway its still and will always be a must by for me. October cant come soon enough.


I have no interest in getting this game (Might be different if I had a PSP.. then I'd give it a little more thought... but since I have no means of playing it now I have no interest) Anyway... I'm wondering the same thing. I mean... when he complains about not being able to see if you own the car... that doesn't bother me... but what does sound like it would bother me... yet he really doesn't address all that much nor does he emphasize on it is when he talks about the dealers changing randomly daily... It didn't seem too big of a deal for him though.

 

The way I visioned this game ever since it was announced is just basically a portable farming system to get cars for your GT5 game... and that sounds exactly like it turned out to be.

Thats right. While it doesnt have a traditional career mode per say. It does have the ability to grind for cars. Each day only 4 manufacturers are opened for purchases, you complete races for money, challenges for money etc on your way to buying all the cars for your garage. While it doesnt have a Sunday GT Cup etc. The principles are all still there. Race/challenge for money to buy cars. Its a racing game all you do is race regardless of the career or not and earn money for it.

At the end of the review he did say that its he's personal opinion on it which you have to respect but when your writing a review for the public you cant always base the review on your own personal opinion. If you know what i mean.



Oniichan said:
JEDE3 said:
Oniichan said:
After watching that video review and reading the other reviews i can see there is nothing wrong with the game. Its like it is.. a portable GT game. Something you can pickup and play while your out and about. It serves its purpose and is exactly what Kaz said it would be. I think IGN and others were expecting a full blown GT PSP game with all the features of the GT series in a portable device which is what Kaz said its not.

Obviously some reviewers didnt research that before hand. Eitherway its still and will always be a must by for me. October cant come soon enough.


I have no interest in getting this game (Might be different if I had a PSP.. then I'd give it a little more thought... but since I have no means of playing it now I have no interest) Anyway... I'm wondering the same thing. I mean... when he complains about not being able to see if you own the car... that doesn't bother me... but what does sound like it would bother me... yet he really doesn't address all that much nor does he emphasize on it is when he talks about the dealers changing randomly daily... It didn't seem too big of a deal for him though.

 

The way I visioned this game ever since it was announced is just basically a portable farming system to get cars for your GT5 game... and that sounds exactly like it turned out to be.

Thats right. While it doesnt have a traditional career mode per say. It does have the ability to grind for cars. Each day only 4 manufacturers are opened for purchases, you complete races for money, challenges for money etc on your way to buying all the cars for your garage. While it doesnt have a Sunday GT Cup etc. The principles are all still there. Race/challenge for money to buy cars. Its a racing game all you do is race regardless of the career or not and earn money for it.

At the end of the review he did say that its he's personal opinion on it which you have to respect but when your writing a review for the public you cant always base the review on your own personal opinion. If you know what i mean.


I know what you mean... Like, you got to review the game for what it is. Even though its named Gran Turismo he should have reviewed it as a portable experience and not a "next big release for the series" type of thing... my review criteria would have these 3 things 1. Does it do what it sets out to do? 2. Compared to similiar releases on the same system... does it set itself apart? 3. Did I have fun?

The reason 1 is so important is because they game might not be my type of game. But if it does good for at what it tries to do... who am I to give it a lower score?

4. Can I recommend it to people who enjoy these types of games?

5. Can I recommend it to people who might not like these games to try out to see if they do enjoy them?



Around the Network

@JEDE3 - Yup thats the way reviews should be written. But nowdays its not the case as alot of reviews will put their own personal opinion/bias into the review or have a need to compare it to another game. If you write well written reviews with those points you mentioned i'd think you'd do well.

Like i said though i respect his opinion on the game. He didnt enjoy it as much and possibly had such high expectations considering we havent gotten a full GT game since GT4.



CGI I'll give you a clue here about a troll, you've been patting JEDE3 on the back all this thread and he's the most reknowned troll on this site. Seriously your credibility is low man if thats the sort of balanced company you want to keep.

Just in case you have problems reading I never ever stated you ALL were biased and delusional. Secondly I never came in here to say anything good or bad about the game other than the facts presented to me by the reviews I've seen. I find it funny how my opinion that the reviews I read states the game is quite clearly above average yet still a disappointment is anything other than a simple opinion of mine. Since when did your opinion become a barometer that I or indeed any other poster should apsire too?

If you want to run damage control against some reviews off respected sites thats fine, go ahead, but don't act all upset when I state my opinion. Finally at least the people who wrote these reviews have played the game unlike you or JEDE3.



slowmo said:

CGI I'll give you a clue here about a troll, you've been patting JEDE3 on the back all this thread and he's the most reknowned troll on this site. Seriously your credibility is low man if thats the sort of balanced company you want to keep.

Just in case you have problems reading I never ever stated you ALL were biased and delusional. Secondly I never came in here to say anything good or bad about the game other than the facts presented to me by the reviews I've seen. I find it funny how my opinion that the reviews I read states the game is quite clearly above average yet still a disappointment is anything other than a simple opinion of mine. Since when did your opinion become a barometer that I or indeed any other poster should apsire too?

If you want to run damage control against some reviews off respected sites thats fine, go ahead, but don't act all upset when I state my opinion. Finally at least the people who wrote these reviews have played the game unlike you or JEDE3.

Ok man, if you say so. This argument was stale last night, it's stale today. You made your point, I made mine. You're all bent outta shape because people disagreed with you, and called you out for your unecessary comments/insults. I can't speak for what JEDE does that is irrational, but he made some points that I agree with.

Chill bud, it isn't that serious...

 



                                                                                                                                            

I honestly don't take any forum that seriously, theres an awful lot of "brave" people on the internet that wouldn't dare say a word to people in real life.