Quantcast
360 Elite No Longer Ships With HD Cables

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Elite No Longer Ships With HD Cables

disolitude said:
This still comes with component cables for those cheap enough not to want to buy HDMI. Component does 1080p on 360 jsut like HDMI.

Based on the article, it's saying that it doesn't even come with component cables, just regular composite cables for SDTVs.

"In fact, they don't even ship with component cables either, just some SD composite cables, meaning anyone with a HDTV is going to have to pay a little extra. A HD tax, if you will."



Around the Network
nordlead said:
which just goes to show you that Microsoft and Sony know that the mainstream doesn't care about HD, and the people that do are willing to shell out lots of extra $ just to get it.

 

 

My HD cable for my PS3 cost me a pound.  Where are you shopping?



________________________________________________________________

You can get them at most places you buy the console for much less than the rumored $100.00 price difference.



KylieDog said:
nordlead said:
which just goes to show you that Microsoft and Sony know that the mainstream doesn't care about HD, and the people that do are willing to shell out lots of extra $ just to get it.

 

 

My HD cable for my PS3 cost me a pound.  Where are you shopping?

 

He's probably talking about the majority of the ignorant American population who goes to stores like Best Buy to purchase $50 HDMI cables. 



Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
deathgod33 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Well there goes my interest in upgrading to an Elite later.

ok come on, you can get an HDMI cable for under 5 bucks.


As if, not where im at, there all $50 and above and they dont ship HDMI cables where im at so no its a make or break, and with this news it just broke all over the place.

Your profile says you live in the United States. If that's true, you must be living in cabin in the middle of nowhere for your statement to be true.


Yes, Hawaii is apart of the USA, but they charge an insane amount or nothing at all for an HDMI cable which is why we only have 3 in our house all paid for at $40 to $50, so i stand by my statment.

ROFLMAO...I travel to HI about a gzallion times a year for work, AND i live on Guam, which is even more remote...and we don't pay that much for HMDI cable, so I'm not sure sure where on the big island that is, but ordering thru the mail shouldn't be any problem.

BTW..once again...has anybody confirmed that this story is absolute BS...like the ps3 price drop for Madden's launch.



"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
You can get them at most places you buy the console for much less than the rumored $100.00 price difference.

Exactly. If consumers r smart, then a $300 elite w/o a hdmi cable is a better deal. Save $100 and use it to buy a cable for cheap!



Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil


GranTurismoHelperMax said:
sguy78 said:
You can get them at most places you buy the console for much less than the rumored $100.00 price difference.

Exactly. If consumers r smart, then a $300 elite w/o a hdmi cable is a better deal. Save $100 and use it to buy a cable for cheap!

Yeah, I don't get how this would be so difficult.



KylieDog said:
nordlead said:
which just goes to show you that Microsoft and Sony know that the mainstream doesn't care about HD, and the people that do are willing to shell out lots of extra $ just to get it.

 

 

My HD cable for my PS3 cost me a pound.  Where are you shopping?

Most people get suckered in to buying HDMI cables from best buy for 49.99 or more. I'm glad you have common sense, one should never pay more than 5 bucks for HDMI cables anymore.

Also, i simply don't believe that Elite doesnt come with component cables. IT jsut doesn't work like that. Now this whole story seems fishy to me...



jacks81x said:
Sure, you can use some generic $2 HDMI cable, but keep in mind that you're restricted to using your TV's built in speakers to output the audio then. The cables that came with the 360 in the past comes with the digital output connection built in so you can set up surround sound out of the box.

Or, if you have new receiver with HDMI ports, you can plug HDMI cable to receiver and from there to TV. You just need 2 generic HDMI cables for that. So you can set up surround sound even without 360 official cables.



Untamoi said:
jacks81x said:
Sure, you can use some generic $2 HDMI cable, but keep in mind that you're restricted to using your TV's built in speakers to output the audio then. The cables that came with the 360 in the past comes with the digital output connection built in so you can set up surround sound out of the box.

Or, if you have new receiver with HDMI ports, you can plug HDMI cable to receiver and from there to TV. You just need 2 generic HDMI cables for that. So you can set up surround sound even without 360 official cables.

 

That's true, but unfortunately I do not have the newer receivers that have HDMI ports.  So if I were a new 360 customer, I would have to buy a brand new receiver just to set up surround sound.