Quantcast
PS3 outperforms Xbox 360 for EA again

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 outperforms Xbox 360 for EA again

There is nothing really odd about the earnings report, what's clear is the sites that are running with this story have an agenda...jsut like FOX news does, and without fully understanding the data, they report nonsense...geez...some people are looking like absolute fools at this point!



"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

The only thing that could make sense is that EA get less money back from a game sold on xbox 360 than on PS3. But I thought it was the other way around.

Strange indeed.



 

If this great mystery doesn't get an explanation, then I'm leaving the sales analyzing business.

EA getting higher revenue from selling PS3 games than X360 games just doesn't make any sense.



LOL, VGC tracks pirated copies confirmed XD (joking)



Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

scottie said:
net revenue is simply the total amount of money brought in by the console

the 'real numbers' are the profit, ie the net revenue minus the amount spent to bring in that revenue. That is why the PS3 may win in net revenue, but due to high production costs it may still lose in profits. Same applies to the PSP/DS

The only thing released this quarter are multiplat games for which development occured simultaneously, the cost cannot be divided into PS3 and 360 as a large amount of asset is shared across platforms.

The only difference would be the manufactoring cost which we know are more expensive on the PS3 and should net less overall profit, but since manufactoring is a quantity that can be reflected on sale and thus is incremental in both revenue and profit, the net revenue still matters.

Scat has explained the apparent reason for the PS3's superior revenue but I'm too dumb to find the number he stated on the link, hoping he can explain it in 'stupid man' speech as I'm interested in finding the reason for the unlikely disparity.




Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

If this great mystery doesn't get an explanation, then I'm leaving the sales analyzing business.

EA getting higher revenue from selling PS3 games than X360 games just doesn't make any sense.


The article link in the OP is clueless?



"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Slimebeast said:

If this great mystery doesn't get an explanation, then I'm leaving the sales analyzing business.

EA getting higher revenue from selling PS3 games than X360 games just doesn't make any sense.


The article link in the OP is clueless?


denial is the first step towards acceptance ;)



 

 

 

The revenue increase for PS3 was probably from the Madden 2010 Tournament exclusivity money hat Sony paid EA....

This will most likely be debunked or better explained at a later time. I will just wait until that happens......if ever.



scottie said:
net revenue is simply the total amount of money brought in by the console

the 'real numbers' are the profit, ie the net revenue minus the amount spent to bring in that revenue. That is why the PS3 may win in net revenue, but due to high production costs it may still lose in profits. Same applies to the PSP/DS

But then it just makes you wonder how the hell the PS3 managed to bring more money in then 360

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

FootballFan said:
fifa on PS3 outsells the xbox eqivelent massivly, and all the PSP EA games add to the total.
1 FIFA Soccer 09 Electronic Arts N/A N/A N/A 2.28m 14th Oct 08 05th Jul 09
2 FIFA Soccer 09 Electronic Arts N/A N/A N/A 1.88m 14th Oct 08 20th Jun 09
3 FIFA Soccer 09 Electronic Arts N/A N/A N/A 1.95m