Quantcast
I've plugged my Wii on a HDTV!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've plugged my Wii on a HDTV!

buy an upscaler. thats what i did.

now i can play ps2, and wii before i sold in HD.

still not HD but makes it more bearable



Around the Network

I've had my Wii hooked up to a 40 inch 1080p screen, and my more current 42 inch 1080p screen (With S-video, which I got because my newer living room TV didn't have the same number of inputs), and have not experienced any issues with quality. In fact a lot of the games look beautiful; I have played a lot of Rune Factory Frontier on it. Between me and my wife we have about 170 hours in (great game =P).



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'd say that the Wii indeed looks good on a HD tv but not for all games. There are a few games where the texture use are of a really low definition. The best example is Mario Super Sluggers. The texture for the Mii characters are simply horrible. Also, there a lot of games where aliasing is quite important.



How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

 

I play my Gameboy Advanced on an HDTV through my Gamecube.

You guys really need to stop bitching about graphics.

=P



When I had my Wii, I tried using the component cables and I saw no improvements of any kind. Worst $8 I ever spent on the Wii



Around the Network
nightsurge said:
When I had my Wii, I tried using the component cables and I saw no improvements of any kind. Worst $8 I ever spent on the Wii

Then you didn't set the Wii to 480p.

Either that or you are an anti-graphics whore (you don't see any difference between HD and non-HD).



ahahaha that does happen. not like it matters most people still have CRT tvs



Chrizum said:
nightsurge said:
When I had my Wii, I tried using the component cables and I saw no improvements of any kind. Worst $8 I ever spent on the Wii

Then you didn't set the Wii to 480p.

Either that or you are an anti-graphics whore (you don't see any difference between HD and non-HD).

I set it to EDTV (480p) and I am a very big graphics whore (I am a PC gamer with a fine eye).  Granted the only game I really played was Wii Sports because I had already sold my other games by the time I got the component cables.  The difference between 480i and 480p really isn't very big at all.  No where near the difference between 1080i and 1080p.

Perhaps it helps other games, but it seemed to make Wii Sports possibly even more jaggy so I stopped using them.  My problem was never with ghosting though.  My LCD was 5ms which is good enough not to be noticeable.  I just meant as far as the actual graphics appearance and whatever I didn't see any difference.



nightsurge try them with Super Mario Galaxy and you'll see the difference for sure.

Wii Sports has quite mild colors. In a game with vivid colors like SMG there's a huge difference.

BTW, if you prefer 480i to 480p because of jaggies, note you can still use 480i with component cables. The colors still look much better.

 



My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

nightsurge try them with Super Mario Galaxy and you'll see the difference for sure.

Wii Sports has quite mild colors. In a game with vivid colors like SMG there's a huge difference.

BTW, if you prefer 480i to 480p because of jaggies, note you can still use 480i with component cables. The colors still look much better.

 

That's what I did do, but still it was just Wii Sports

I would try it with new games, but I sold my Wii a long time ago.  Poor thing just didn't get much attention because I had the 360 and PS3 as well, and I'm a multiplayer shooter freak

Good to know that it does help in other games, though!