Quantcast
Sony CEO: "Wii is wonderful!"

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony CEO: "Wii is wonderful!"

The funny thing Death is that Microsoft guys like Peter Moore say similar things...going so far as to say Nintendo has the pulse of gamers...which makes it look like Microsoft does not in comparison... The important thing is they all encroach on each other, which means everything will be cheap eventually...



People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

TheSource said: The funny thing Death is that Microsoft guys like Peter Moore say similar things...going so far as to say Nintendo has the pulse of gamers...which makes it look like Microsoft does not in comparison... The important thing is they all encroach on each other, which means everything will be cheap eventually...
And people wonder why I won't support the current gen? It seems like nintendo is the only company that believes in it's own product. Why should I support a company if they don't believe in what they want me to buy? I don't care about cheap, I care about good. If this is want nintendo has done to the industry I will just go straight PC from now on.



Death2009 said: TheSource said: I don't care about cheap, I care about good. If this is want nintendo has done to the industry I will just go straight PC from now on.
what has nintendo done to the industry that turns you off consoles? it's the first machine that features play that you can't replicate on the pc.



the Wii is an epidemic.

Nintendo hasn't done ANYTHING to the industry... the consumers that drive the industry control the direction that it's going. Nintendo is more in touch with what the consumers want this time around, and Sony and Microsoft have dropped the ball by just going about the same-ole same-ole. Peter Moore doesn't believe the Wii is competing directly for Xbox 360's market and this is why he thinks that the gamers have the pulse, I can tell you now if one man believes in a console it's Peter Moore, that guy is a gun!



OriGin said: Nintendo hasn't done ANYTHING to the industry... the consumers that drive the industry control the direction that it's going. Nintendo is more in touch with what the consumers want this time around, and Sony and Microsoft have dropped the ball by just going about the same-ole same-ole. Peter Moore doesn't believe the Wii is competing directly for Xbox 360's market and this is why he thinks that the gamers have the pulse, I can tell you now if one man believes in a console it's Peter Moore, that guy is a gun!
Only time will tell with the first part, MS and Sony had more of what I wanted, It's the price that hurt them. Who is peter moore? Does he even believe in the system the company he works for makes?



Around the Network

so let me summarize your thoughts: Sony is arogant and full of themselves ,if they think highly of their own product and they are weak and full of worries , if they say the competition has a nice product ... I think it's fair sportsmanship to not downtalk the competition ,but rather concentrate on own strength.



Lafiel said: so let me summarize your thoughts: Sony is arogant and full of themselves ,if they think highly of their own product and they are weak and full of worries , if they say the competition has a nice product ... I think it's fair sportsmanship to not downtalk the competition ,but rather concentrate on own strength.
But bad business.



I really don't see the big deal is, and what is this "Nintendo is killing the industry talk" how is that? PS3 and 360 will always be here for the people who need hardcore graphics so what's the problem.



 

  

 

Alacrist said: I really don't see the big deal is, and what is this "Nintendo is killing the industry talk" how is that? PS3 and 360 will always be here for the people who need hardcore graphics so what's the problem.
Nintendo IS the industry. I don't see how so many people forget that. There's a reason its competitors have to be deep pocketed monoliths of companies who can absorb massive losses in order to get a product onto the shelves. I know some don't want to hear this but Nintendo is the engine that makes this whole thing move & that's the truth. If they hadn't angered 3rd party 11 years ago, they may have never been truly bested in any contest whether handheld or console. You'll see what I mean in about 10 or 15 years once one or both of the current competitors is no longer around in the videogame business while Nintendo is still going at it. John Lucas



Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

 

Kwaad said: this goes back to the Wii is a impulse buy. He is saying the Wii is for non-gamers. The PS3 is for gamers. (still)
Which is funny... as 90% of the total market is "non-gamers", and most of the gamers I know have already bought the Wii. So they can't lose?



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099