Quantcast
Grand Theft Auto to the Wii

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto to the Wii

I wouldn't buy GTA for sure. It's a very popular franchise, but it doesn't appeal at all to me (I played GTA 3 and Vice City for a combined 5 hours on PS2, the game gets boring very fast). That's probably because I grew up with Nintendo games and therefore I am used to much more polished games. GTA really lacks in just every aspect of a game (controls, graphics, sound, AI, mission design etc.). What appeals to the masses is that the game lets you beat up innocent or not so innocent people whenever you want, lots of room to mess around with the stupid AI and such (Fable is the rpg-counterpart of GTA, don't flame me, that's just my opinion, but you have to admit that both games are kinda similar flawed).



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

kber81 said: Sure it's way too much when we are talking about GC 1.5 but you shouldn't underestimate the power of next-gen platforms. This game will contain "polished realistic graphics" and huge areas - I'm sure about this.
Have you seen a trailer or image that the rest of us are unaware of?



Lets say I trust in Rockstar... and know something about RAGE.



Wow. Quite a bit of unfair Wii accusations here. 1. It doesn't have the power - To run the exact same game? no, to run a GTA game that's larger and better looking than it's previous iterations, yes. I don't think anybody would be expecting the same game as the 360/ps3, but it'd still be quite a game 2. Wii controls would add nothing to the gameplay - Go check out IGN's review of Godfather: Black hand edition. They seem to think that both IR aiming and motion controls work great, adding a lot of fun that the traditional controller just can't give. It's weird how people often state that Wii controls won't work when they don't even know what the controls would be like 3. Wii owners don't want anythign violent - Um... Wouldn't people who like violent games buy the Wii if it had good violent games that they wanted? The Wii's already landed games that the gamecube didn't, ala scarface, godfather and manhunt. And with a bigger focus by EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar and many other big devs, it looks like the list will only get larger. And come on. You don't think most Wii owners don't have their fingers crossed for a House of the Dead game!? 4. Super Paper Mario has awful graphics - Actually the game looks awsome. The graphics are incredibly styalized and fun. It'll be a big title and ,with it's platform puzzling and innovative 2d/3d mix, the kind that really appeals to the hardcore gamer. However, I don't think that GTA 4 will come Wii side. It looks like Rockstar is going to be testing the waters first with Manhunt. As for GTA 5, or a seperate GTA entity later on down the road, I honestly don't doubt it for a second



I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I really don't think this would hurt Wii or help them a lot. There will be people who buy GTA for Wii, but I'm sure there are plenty more people who prefer to buy it for 360/ps3. The only way I see this getting any real attention/praise is if they build a game ground up for Wii. An exclusive Wii version which I highly doubt would happen. So saying that, this seems almost like stale news.



Around the Network

kber81 said: Sure it's way too much when we are talking about GC 1.5 but you shouldn't underestimate the power of next-gen platforms. This game will contain "polished realistic graphics" and huge areas - I'm sure about this. There will not be a success without really improved graphics, they know about this. It will be a new quality. Quality which Wii can't afford for.
It's not the hardware that will limit them it's the man-hours required to produce all that art.



Don't underestimate Wii users...a lot of them would probably get this game...I probably even would. There's a new Godfather game out for the Wii, sandbox style...it got pretty good reviews. And No More Heroes is coming out later this year...though that's a bit different. There's Manhunt, Scarface, and plenty more that will come either this year or next. Lots of Wii users won't play these violent games, but there's a lot of users that will. With a user base of nearly 6 million already and plenty of 3rd party support, the Wii will see plenty of different kinds of games, "mature" or not.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: Don't underestimate Wii users...a lot of them would probably get this game...I probably even would. There's a new Godfather game out for the Wii, sandbox style...it got pretty good reviews. And No More Heroes is coming out later this year...though that's a bit different. There's Manhunt, Scarface, and plenty more that will come either this year or next. Lots of Wii users won't play these violent games, but there's a lot of users that will. With a user base of nearly 6 million already and plenty of 3rd party support, the Wii will see plenty of different kinds of games, "mature" or not.
A lot of the "Nintendo is Kiddie" and "Mature games don't sell well on Nintendo Platforms" comes from the N64; third party developers produced awful "Mature" games for the N64 and then bitched about the userbase when their game sold poorly. Good "Mature" games have always sold reasonably well on Nintendo platforms ...



Grand Theft Auto: Candyland You are Sir Wigglesworth, The bunny. You are armed with candy. When you want a certin floating mushroom, you have to give the rider a peice of candy. The trick to this game, is knowing wich peice of candy to give diffrent people.



PSN ID: Kwaad


I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: Grand Theft Auto: Candyland You are Sir Wigglesworth, The bunny. You are armed with candy. When you want a certin floating mushroom, you have to give the rider a peice of candy. The trick to this game, is knowing wich peice of candy to give diffrent people.
I know you're joking and making a kiddie reference but you could have a lot of fun with a sandbox style game which was less centered around violence and crime ... I (personally) thought it would be interesting to combine something like Pokemon Snap and GTA to make a "Photo-Journalist" game ...